85 Best Film Oscar Winners

KelvinsRightGlove

So, with the Oscars tomorrow i thought this might be a bit of fun.

Saw this Buzzfeed (aka time/productivity killer) ranking of the 85 Best Film winners at the Oscars.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/all-85-best-picture-oscar-winners-ranked

Some odd decisions there, but it's subjective, and obviously not everyone will always agree.

1) How many have you seen?

2) Which of the 85 is your favourite?

3) Which film should be the 86th Best Film winner?

To get things started:

1) 36 (No idea if that is good or not)

2) Annie Hall - it's my favourite film, I just really bloody love it. I do adore Casablanca & Gone with the Wind, though I don't know many other people my age that have even seen them.

3) Only seen 5 of the nominated films, wasn't sold on Dallas Buyers Club - thought Matthew Mc & Jared Leto saved it, Wolf of Wall Street was great but I really liked Her & Nebraska so one of them for me.

1) How many have you seen?

2) Which of the 85 is your favourite?

3) Which film should be the 86th Best Film winner?

To get things started:

1) 36 (No idea if that is good or not)

2) Annie Hall - it's my favourite film, I just really bloody love it. I do adore Casablanca & Gone with the Wind, though I don't know many other people my age that have even seen them.

3) Only seen 5 of the nominated films, wasn't sold on Dallas Buyers Club - thought Matthew Mc & Jared Leto saved it, Wolf of Wall Street was great but I really liked Her & Nebraska so one of them for me.

Seen 54.

Favourite? If I could have Godfather 1 and 2 together I would but I can't choose between them. I will plump for On The Waterfront. Class.

This Year? As long as it's not Gravity! Would have been much better if they had all died. I'll go for 12 Years a Slave.

Also, have never understood how Rocky beat Taxi Driver in '76.

Some great films in there, but some are a joke. Forrest Gump winning best film is crazy, let alone that it beat Shawshank and Pulp Fiction. A Beautiful Mind wasn't a great film, Braveheart and Gladiator are just run of the mill action films. Shakespeare in love? What a joke!

As for my favourites, well obviously the Godfather films, but then there's Platoon, Cuckoo's Nest and others, but as an iconic film, the one I would say should never be remade and was perfect for what it was... Is probably The Sound of Music. Wow, I'm gay.

Pop quiz, hotshots.

There is an actor who has a 100% record of appearing in films that get nominated for Best Picture.

e.g. every feature film the actor has appeared in has been nominated for the Best Picture gong.

Who is it?

Pop quiz, hotshots.

There is an actor who has a 100% record of appearing in films that get nominated for Best Picture.

e.g. every feature film the actor has appeared in has been nominated for the Best Picture gong.

Who is it?

Is it Barkhad Abdi, aka the guy from Cpt Phillips?

One film, one best film nomination?

Ok, people are a little off the boil here, so I'll help. Clues.

1) All the films that this guy appeared in were made in the 1970s.

2) Most people know one of his characters far better than they know the actor

is it the guy that played Fredo Corleone? John Cazale i think, he only appeared in 4 or 5(?) films as he died relatively young. The Deerhunter, Godfather part 1 and 2 and Dog Day Afternoon all got nominated for best picture i think and are 4 of my favourite films.

is it the guy that played Fredo Corleone? John Cazale i think, he only appeared in 4 or 5(?) films as he died relatively young. The Deerhunter, Godfather part 1 and 2 and Dog Day Afternoon all got nominated for best picture i think and are 4 of my favourite films.

We have a winner.

Was watching Godfather 2 last night and thinking to myself just what a good actor the guy who played Fredo was, wondering why he hadn't been in much since.

Didn't know that he'd died in 1978. Pacino loved him; considered him his acting partner.