Villa 0-0 Saints - reaction

Sheaf Saint

Lambert past it, Lallana knackered, Shaw grandstanding for an England place, no cohesion going forward, aimless crosses into the box, we're all over the place at the moment.

You forgot to mention that J Rod didn't even manage to get a shot on goal or even make any decent runs. and don't even start on Gaston's lack of contibution ....

he might just as well not even have turned up :mcinnes: :rolleyes:

Ok I bit ... do you feel better now?

I am afraid I just get highly irritated when people whine on about fellow supporters not singing or creating an atmosphere that they deem to be acceptable. Even in the highly unlikely event that 99% of them were silent, so what? They paid there money to go and watch a football match, and if they want to do so in silence then that is up to them. Not everyone feels the need to shout themselves hoarse for 90 minutes.
Why does it irritate you so, it's a fair comment? No-one has suggested they can't stand in silence if they want, just that it is a pity the choose to do so, which it is.

Why does it irritate you so, it's a fair comment? No-one has suggested they can't stand in silence if they want, just that it is a pity the choose to do so, which it is.

I don't know why it does - it just does. It's like some people cannot enjoy a match unless everyone in their immediate vicinity is singing their heads off.....and those that aren't don't deserve to be there - and in some cases start berating everyone. Why is it a pity that some choose not to? Do you think they are doing you or themselves or the team a disservice?

No-one has suggested they can't stand in silence if they want....

.....and yes that is exactly what people who complain about a lack of atmosphere are saying, and like it or not, by saying its pity when they choose not to sing, that is exactly what you are suggesting too.

.....and yes that is exactly what people who complain about a lack of atmosphere are saying, and like it or not, by saying its pity when they choose not to sing, that is exactly what you are suggesting too.
Er no it's not, they can stand in silence if they want, it's just a pity they choose to do so. I'm not sure what is complicated about that? It is basic English.

I don't know why it does - it just does. It's like some people cannot enjoy a match unless everyone in their immediate vicinity is singing their heads off.....and those that aren't don't deserve to be there - and in some cases start berating everyone. Why is it a pity that some choose not to? Do you think they are doing you or themselves or the team a disservice?
I'm sure the team and many other fans would rather our support made a bit more noise at times. Not a fan of those that "berate" others though.

I'm sure the team and many other fans would rather our support made a bit more noise at times. Not a fan of those that "berate" others though.

Well they are the ones that irritate me, and, of course, the ones that whine about it on Internet forums (to a lesser extent).

Fair point, it should never be mentioned or questioned again :?

That would be nice.....but sadly at least one person will whine about our terrible support after every match, just as sure as night follows day. Of course, when I was a teenager I would be extremely irritated by the people around me that would not contribute to the atmosphere.....but the older you get the more hypocrisy you are allowed to exhibit ;)

Griffo . Were you there ? No I thought not

I did my fair bit of chanting etc at villa . I also went the match to enjoy myself (as I am rose tinted happy chappie saints fan for many decades standing) and also cheer the team and sing songs etc

I'm sorry I wasn't loud enough . But have you thought maybe villa didn't have microphones on in the saints fans area , so the noise we generated would be some what muted .

At the end of the day I embarked on my massive journey would liked to have seen three points but . I enjoyed the game and our refreshing style of play . Yes we should learn to be more clinical in our finishing . But remember we still have to beat their defence . And if you had not realised villa are not exactly safe from relegation yet

Griffo . Were you there ? No I thought not

I did my fair bit of chanting etc at villa . I also went the match to enjoy myself (as I am rose tinted happy chappie saints fan for many decades standing) and also cheer the team and sing songs etc

I'm sorry I wasn't loud enough . But have you thought maybe villa didn't have microphones on in the saints fans area , so the noise we generated would be some what muted .

At the end of the day I embarked on my massive journey would liked to have seen three points but . I enjoyed the game and our refreshing style of play . Yes we should learn to be more clinical in our finishing . But remember we still have to beat their defence . And if you had not realised villa are not exactly safe from relegation yet

He was definitely there. Our support was quiet, as it has been most of this season. How many away games have we had this year where you've walked away thinking "that was class support, the whole place was buzzing"?

Everyone at the game went to the match to enjoy themselves, believe it or not, you were not unique in that.

Sour , fair enough if Griffo was there . It's an odd discussion about whether our fans are noisy or quiet .

It's one I cannot answer . I'm not as noisy as I used to be but I still join in . Maybe my advancing years has something to do with it . I go to the game to support the team and watch the football.

Even if we are not the noisiest fans in the league . We still have a huge following going to away games . But we are not the worst set of fans when in comes to noise in the premiership I think we are in the top ten of fans support

I am afraid I just get highly irritated when people whine on about fellow supporters not singing or creating an atmosphere that they deem to be acceptable. Even in the highly unlikely event that 99% of them were silent, so what? They paid there money to go and watch a football match, and if they want to do so in silence then that is up to them. Not everyone feels the need to shout themselves hoarse for 90 minutes.

Yes - I fully agree. I was there - I did a bit of chanting and came back with a bit of a sore throat as it happens. But I don't want to chant the whole time and maybe if Saints could get a few more shots on target from the edge of the box we might chant a bit more.

2,500-3,000 Saints there, yet again, stood in complete f*cking silence for 90 minutes of an away game. Pathetic.

Either you are a) a wind-up merchant or b) you are one of these dullards who cannot comprehend that the atmosphere that existed in the 70s and 80s doesn't exist anymore at any club.

For 2014 standards our fans were very loud at Villa Park. I had two seats in the Trinity Road home end and can confirm that our fans out sang the very quiet Villa fans for the entire match.

If you think it was 'complete silence' then you might like to consider a hearing aid as he missed the numerous OWTS, Father's Gun, Adam Lallana - he's off to Brazil and a couple of renditions of Jay Rodriguez to the 'Luis Suarez' song.

Either you are a) a wind-up merchant or b) you are one of these dullards who cannot comprehend that the atmosphere that existed in the 70s and 80s doesn't exist anymore at any club.

For 2014 standards our fans were very loud at Villa Park. I had two seats in the Trinity Road home end and can confirm that our fans out sang the very quiet Villa fans for the entire match.

If you think it was 'complete silence' then you might like to consider a hearing aid as he missed the numerous OWTS, Father's Gun, Adam Lallana - he's off to Brazil and a couple of renditions of Jay Rodriguez to the 'Luis Suarez' song.

Do you honestly think we were very loud on Saturday? How would you describe our support at Fulham this year then? Or Spurs away last season?

Do you honestly think we were very loud on Saturday? How would you describe our support at Fulham this year then? Or Spurs away last season?

Yes.

From my position in the Trinity Road home end the 3k Saints fans drowned out the 30k Villa fans for the entire game.

I'm not sure what you are expecting?

Yes.

From my position in the Trinity Road home end the 3k Saints fans drowned out the 30k Villa fans for the entire game.

I'm not sure what you are expecting?

Drowned out? They weren't making much noise themselves. If you think that is very loud, god knows what you think of the games when we actually have decent, loud support.

We try OWTS about 10 times a game and every time it fizzles out before the end and sounds sh*t. By your reckoning there we only sung a few times. I've been in many Saints ends where it's pretty much non-stop for the whole game. Our support for more or less every away game this year has been awful, it must be because we're back in the Prem now. Looking around our away ends recently, it would be more suited to a theatre crowd than a football match. No wonder we barely make any noise.

Drowned out? They weren't making much noise themselves. If you think that is very loud, god knows what you think of the games when we actually have decent, loud support.

The Villa fans indeed were very quiet.

For a meaningless end of season game I thought our support was good.

And even IF some of them wanted to watch the game in silence does that really make them "pathetic"? If fans want to sing (then join a choir instead?) then fair enough, but to label those who don't share this love of song at a football match as 'pathetic' is rather moronic....

I don't think anyone will take your comments on this seriously, you thought our support was "very loud", while sat comfortably in the Aston Villa seats.

Surely that's the best place to judge? I could hear our fans louder from across the pitch than the home ones.

I was able to use two Villa s/t tickets through the in-laws for nowt, tho tbh it would be worth paying extra not to have to sit next to proper old skool fans like yourself and Griffo in the away end! :D