How many sold for saturday?

saintkiptanui

I shall be there to represent The Dubai Crew, will have a beer or two for you ;)

Also got my Derby ticket, does this make me a super fan :D

Also bought a new Saints polo shirt ... the club should be able to buy a new player by the time I've bought a programme and pint and pie at half time

Wave at my lad who'll be in the Chapel - lucky b*std I'm dead jealous.

Although I may have to be a bit of an old devil Saturday and may have to miss the commentary, gotta check out some Polish connections so to speak, someone invited me out to dinner bless:-)

Wonder if she'll like the Seaview Band???

17000 is mighty sh*t, we have some fair weather fans and I'm not doing I'm a better fan than you but I can't believe we're down to this. Norwich sell out every week, why?

...because...when they suffered the misery of relegation with us while Wupes & Co thought it OK to continue charging us Prem prices for our tickets 'Naarwich' saw fit to chop theirs by a couple of hundred quid, quickly restoring the feelgood factor from the start. Many obviously decided that was too much for an inferior product and we've struggled to win them back on a regular basis ever since.

But as you say "17000 is mighty sh...

I have just spoken to the ticket office, selling really well, not many seats in the Itchen left. Estimated capacity without the three corners about 28k to

29k. As of yet the corners not being sold, but they are expecting a good crowd.

Just goes to confirm that Lowe's personal body of men who number updwards of 10,000, and all of whom walked after Lowe was dispatched in the night of the long knives are back, and with a vengeance.

Just goes to confirm that Lowe's personal body of men who number updwards of 10,000, and all of whom walked after Lowe was dispatched in the night of the long knives are back, and with a vengeance.

What a pillock, surely we had 30,000 last home game.Did this 30,000 include Lowe's 10,000?

I have just spoken to the ticket office, selling really well, not many seats in the Itchen left. Estimated capacity without the three corners about 28k to

29k. As of yet the corners not being sold, but they are expecting a good crowd.

Either you made that up completely, or someone at the ticket office is telling porky pies!!!

Referee: Clive Penton (Sussex) Attendance: 18,925 (inc 1,936 away fans)

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10452

Guest Hacienda

Attendance: 18,925 (inc 1,936 away fans)

LOL.

Attendance: 18,925 (inc 1,936 away fans)

LOL.

LOL indeed.

So unless my maths is seriously failing me [it isn't], that means 10,000 of Rupert's men and less than 7,000 return users from last year ;)

LOL indeed.

So unless my maths is seriously failing me [it isn't], that means 10,000 of Rupert's men and less than 7,000 return users from last year ;)

The Chapel looked empty.

I'm disappointed more fans didn't make the effort

The result will put a lot off coming next time too, which'll be a shame. Enjoyed that today, despite the result. Good watching some football for a change.
I totally agree, that was he best I've seen us play for ages, why do people go to football?? not sure but I think I will go to be entertained and be proud of the players and today I was, if any gimps had booed at the end today I would of stabbed them in the buttox.

well played saints.

The result will put a lot off coming next time too, which'll be a shame. Enjoyed that today, despite the result. Good watching some football for a change.
The credit crunch is the main factor. Most CC attendances today were well down on a year ago.

Ruperteconomics:

Lose the enthusiasm of the fan base.

Attendance down by 5K/week=approx £125k x25(inc. cup games) =approx £3mill a year income + extras from drinks food and ancillary sales.

This would easily fund three or four expensive players, and pay off some debt!

Perhaps he was having a quick Barclays when he thought out his master.......plan.

Cambsaint

Crowd was as I thought, 18k, despite all the we've sold over 21k a week before the game nonsense.

One thing is for sure, the lowest ever league gate at St Mary's will be smashed for the next game. Probably the least attractive opposition in the league who will have a very small following with a ko the least attractive time and live on sky and with us possibly being bottom of the table and pointless = 14-15K I reckon.

I reckon an official attendance of about 13,000 for Blackpool, which includes all season ticket-holders, some of whom may well stay away.

Shame, as it is a crucial six-pointer against one of the 3 or 4 teams we could possibly finish above this season.

One good thing about it being on Sky is the stay away fans will be able to see how good the football is.

One good thing about it being on Sky is the stay away fans will be able to see how good the football is.

Do you not think you are being a tad OTT? We played some decent stuff at times in the first half I agree but totally ran out of steam in the second.

If the football was as good as you are making out we'd have 6 points by now not 0.

I'm guessing you weren't around in the days of Lawrie and even Chris Nicholl as the footy that those teams played was infinitely better than anything on show yesterday.

Do you not think you are being a tad OTT? We played some decent stuff at times in the first half I agree but totally ran out of steam in the second.

If the football was as good as you are making out we'd have 6 points by now not 0.

I'm guessing you weren't around in the days of Lawrie and even Chris Nicholl as the footy that those teams played was infinitely better than anything on show yesterday.

I was around in the Nicholl days and the football was better but you can't tell me yesterday wasn't an improvement on the last couple of seasons?

I just wish people would give the kids a chance, if we stick with it I have no doubt the results will come.

I was around in the Nicholl days and the football was better but you can't tell me yesterday wasn't an improvement on the last couple of seasons?

I just wish people would give the kids a chance, if we stick with it I have no doubt the results will come.

No, absolutely agree that the first half was better football wise than the last couple of seasons and as myself and the two mates I was with agreed, it's nice to see the youngsters clearly giving their all as opposed to some of the older players we've had to endure in recent seasons.

My big concern remains how we will cope (or not) when the inevitable injuries and suspensions occur. At times in recent seasons we have had 8 or 9 players injured or suspended at the same time. If that happens this season, I dread to think what the team will look like. Probably a bit like the bench yesterday, completely uninspiring.

I still think 4th from bottom this season will be an achievment and if offered that now I would take it.

No, absolutely agree that the first half was better football wise than the last couple of seasons and as myself and the two mates I was with agreed, it's nice to see the youngsters clearly giving their all as opposed to some of the older players we've had to endure in recent seasons.

My big concern remains how we will cope (or not) when the inevitable injuries and suspensions occur. At times in recent seasons we have had 8 or 9 players injured or suspended at the same time. If that happens this season, I dread to think what the team will look like. Probably a bit like the bench yesterday, completely uninspiring.

I still think 4th from bottom this season will be an achievment and if offered that now I would take it.

I would also take 4th from bottom, I know this season is about survival but if we can do it playing decent football that will be fine with me.

Yes we played well first half, but again the opposition soon ajusted and blocked us out. Infact we ended up clueless something which has been with us for years.

I don't want pretty football if it will cost us relegation, all I care about is winning.

As for the attendence it was shocking might pick up after the holidays and a few wins.