Calum Chambers - Done Deal - Official

washsaint

Frustrating to see that Chambers has been deployed at CB by Wenger in his first one-and-a-half games for Arsenal. He could have effectively covered us for two positions (or even three if used as a central midfielder) but Koeman apparently saw the £11m as a 'present' for a second-choice RB. Fair enough, and I guess we just need to trust Koeman's judgement at the moment, but I still don't believe we were powerless to stop him going - especially given Krueger's newly discovered backbone - so have the club missed a trick by not recognizing the value of his versatility?

Frustrating to see that Chambers has been deployed at CB by Wenger in his first one-and-a-half games for Arsenal. He could have effectively covered us for two positions (or even three if used as a central midfielder) but Koeman apparently saw the £11m as a 'present' for a second-choice RB. Fair enough, and I guess we just need to trust Koeman's judgement at the moment, but I still don't believe we were powerless to stop him going - especially given Krueger's newly discovered backbone - so have the club missed a trick by not recognizing the value of his versatility?

Saints played him as a centre back in some under 21 games towards the end of last season.

Are we talking Soccer Ball here? Maybe need to change your spell checker to English (UK)...

Lost Falcao for Monaco's goal though, wouldn't give up his day job yet . Falcao gives hope to lads like JRod, same injury, back in a bit over 6 months.