Calum Chambers - Done Deal - Official

washsaint

“It is important in the transfer window to remain calm, resilient and above all patient''

Amazingly resilient, sold half our team. That's what you call resilience

Sorry, but it's so easy to just rip apart his statement as it's full of horse****.

Reed and co still need to sell one more before they can be accused of selling half the team. But very pleased I'm not using my ticket for Brighton on Thursday as I don't wish to see Saints' reserves masquerading as the first team, or to see future players of Liverpool, Arsenal etc., turning out in Southampton shirts

I still don't get it - is Reed saying the moment a player wants to leave they can?

Seems that way. Morgan, Fonte and Jay will all be gone by the end of the window. Starting to come round to the idea that we're in big trouble. We've still got a decent first 11, but we are so weak beyond that and team spirit is going to be non-existent.

Jordan Sibley @jordansibley

@dankiz1 hasn't trained for a couple of days due to illness.

What a lying ****.

Or perhaps he is just tweeting what he has been told.

I actually feel sorry for the media team... they're the ones who have to face a lot of the vitriol from some 'fans' when they're just being paid to do a job. They're not fans, and don't deserve to be treated the way they are sometimes.

So as far as I can see, the club have decided if someone asks for one of our players then we say okay how much irrespective of how it effects the team or what we could get by being patient, i agree this is alarming. It would have been far more profitable to hold onto Chambers for another season and this is the first true indication of the rumoured fire sale/asset strip. Bet saggy chops wishes he was here now, he's be making Rosie a fortune in all this transfer dealing. I'm giving the club two weeks to get some new faces over the line with all this money otherwise i'm joining the mongs and going hyper wobble.

:lol: love it!

The fact is, if a big team comes in for ANY of our players right now they will be off. That very much includes Schneiderlin. The second Chambers knew of their interest there was no question of wanting to move on, the dominoes are in full flow.

Seems that way. Morgan, Fonte and Jay will all be gone by the end of the window. Starting to come round to the idea that we're in big trouble. We've still got a decent first 11, but we are so weak beyond that and team spirit is going to be non-existent.

You may want to add Cork to that list.

Hyper-wobble. Hyphenated or not? And do i go hyper-wobble, or do I have a hyper-wobble?

Important to get this right.

Although seriously, agree with Mallagroth, still going to wait and see how the squad looks in two weeks time.

To me, this deal just confirms the the board have absoloutley no control over this situation. It has spiraled out of control and we're no longer controlling it. Agents, players and the other clubs are controlling our own situation.

That's what happens when you have a board made up of people who don't have a clue.

Haha it gets worse by the hour...

Reed is looking a bit daft now unfortunately. His words are complete contradictions to what is actually happening. Like it or not, his credibility is diminishing.

The board best get some super positive deals over the line soon... And I mean real statements of intent because what's left plus the two new lads isn't enough....

The super positive among our fan base will soon turn too if this young team start getting battered every week... And when the super positive guys blow-up.. You know s h i t is gonna hit the fan.

Ho hum...

So as far as I can see, the club have decided if someone asks for one of our players then we say okay how much....

There's always the possibility our players are being touted about. Unlikely, but nothing would come as a surprise in the current climate.

Hyper-wobble. Hyphenated or not? And do i go hyper-wobble, or do I have a hyper-wobble?

Important to get this right.

Although seriously, agree with Mallagroth, still going to wait and see how the squad looks in two weeks time.

Two weeks time is about four weeks too late though Minty. If they were going to have such a turnover in personnel they needed to do it early, pre season has been wasted. We've got a decent run of fixtures at the start of the season but we're going to **** them up the wall by playing a team who don't know one another.

“Calum made it clear to us that he did not see his future at Southampton. As such, it was crucial that we were able to negotiate a substantial fee that also reflects the work our staff have put into Calum’s development since he joined the club at the age of eight.

Ok, so he wanted to go, so it was then crucial we sold him? How about you just sit him down and say no. Nice one. Good determination their Les, absoloutly breathtaking.

They're taking us for fools.

But how do you know he did not sit down and try this?

The illness excuse for the Bournemouth game last week was a blatant lie. Reed should not be the slightest surprised that fans are not staying calm when they are being treated with utter contempt. Of course Chambers wanted to leave, because with all the other players going he could see very well that the club has no ambition and that the immediate future is a relegation struggle. This is going to make it much harder for players to agree to come here and you must wonder what Koeman, Pelle and Tadic think about what has happened.

I suppose the happy clappers will be telling us to wait until 1st September and then if the kids who are thrown to the Lions can't cut it in the Prem, not to worry because there's always the January window.....

The question they seem to be failing to address is why he felt that his future wasn't with us, at least in the short term. Was it purely money? It probably wouldn't be game time. Wenger said it was a risk, we didn't consider him a risk.

He's a Nike sponsored kid. I wonder if they ever put pressure on clubs to sign certain players.

I despair of some of the reactions. Does any poster think that if a player really wants to go he'll give the slightest thought to loyalty, fans' opinions or anything other than his own personal considerations.

I wouldn't, and as I've said before, the only time I showed any loyalty to an employer they shafted me a year later, (and that was in a very senior position.)

Before anybody starts going on about loyalty, I can't imagine anyone wanting to go back to the Tom Finney days when an obdurate rich butcher was able to force him to carry on playing for £20 per week when an Italian club were offering a small fortune as a signing on bonus and a much higher weekly wage which would have set him up for life.

No we'll have to just get used to the current realities and hope that Koeman can stabilise the situation.

The only thing I want to know is whether KL is readying the club for sale or if she wants to remain a PL Club owner.

Besides which all these players have presumably gone for wages is the £80-120K a week range-could we afford that?

"decision to award Harrison Reed a new long-term contract last week, adding to the list of committed young professionals like James Ward Prowse, Sam Gallagher, Jack Stephens, Jordan Turnbull, Matt Targett, Sam McQueen and others who have seen plenty of first-team activity recently"

Which means **** all as they can leave as soon as they "see their future away from the club".

Do not believe a word KL or any other board member says to be honest.

Just for once this summer can't the board say "no"? Or, "sorry Callum but your our player and we want you to stay. Give us two seasons where you can mature and learn your trade then we'll let you go."

If he wants to sulk he can sit on the bench for a few weeks, pretty sure he'd come round in the end.

We seem to have a massive lack of balls, determination or strength in these matters.

Wimps.

As Kenneth Williams wrote in his diary "oh what's the bloody point?!"

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

“It is important in the transfer window to remain calm, resilient and above all patient. We have targets, and we are working hard to get them across the line.” Reed,

Now resign ...you are inept, and not qualified to be at any professional club...A JOKE CHARACTER

Oh come on, you know its not black and white. You can try to keep someone / persuade them about their future etc but if they want to go you either get the max cash you can or keep an unhappy player

I give you that with Lallana, or Shaw - big players, going for big fees to get big money and to be stars at their new elite clubs.

Chambers is different. He will be a squad player at Arsenal, and in my opinion - as a club who finished 8th last season, we shouldn't find ourselves having to sell our best players to become squad players at other clubs. This is a transfer too far as it didn't need to happen. Another year could have been easily sorted out here, but there is clearly very little determination once the $$$$ fly in front of KL's eyes.

I despair of some of the reactions. Does any poster think that if a player really wants to go he'll give the slightest thought to loyalty, fans' opinions or anything other than his own personal considerations.

I wouldn't, and as I've said before, the only time I showed any loyalty to an employer they shafted me a year later, (and that was in a very senior position.)

Before anybody starts going on about loyalty, I can't imagine anyone wanting to go back to the Tom Finney days when an obdurate rich butcher was able to force him to carry on playing for £20 per week when an Italian club were offering a small fortune as a signing on bonus and a much higher weekly wage which would have set him up for life.

No we'll have to just get used to the current realities and hope that Koeman can stabilise the situation.

The only thing I want to know is whether KL is readying the club for sale or if she wants to remain a PL Club owner.

Besides which all these players have presumably gone for wages is the £80-120K a week range-could we afford that?

“Calum made it clear to us that he did not see his future at Southampton. As such, it was crucial that we were able to negotiate a substantial fee that also reflects the work our staff have put into Calum’s development since he joined the club at the age of eight.

Ok, so he wanted to go, so it was then crucial we sold him? How about you just sit him down and say no. Nice one. Good determination their Les, absoloutly breathtaking.

They're taking us for fools.

basically the agent telss them theres an offer in and so they decide their future is not here. Reed and co then say Ok. Ive seen Audley Harrison put up better fights

"decision to award Harrison Reed a new long-term contract last week, adding to the list of committed young professionals like James Ward Prowse, Sam Gallagher, Jack Stephens, Jordan Turnbull, Matt Targett, Sam McQueen and others who have seen plenty of first-team activity recently"

Which means **** all as they can leave as soon as they "see their future away from the club".

Do not believe a word KL or any other board member says to be honest.

No disrepect to Harrison Reed but in what little time i've seen of him he has done nothing to indicate he could be a future star....

I like to think of myself as quite a level-headed, stoical individual - but I haven't felt this disappointed with our club since 2009. It's been clear for a while that the ambition which helped drive our excellent recent successes had lessened post-Cortese which I suppose was to be expected, but until very recently I didn't know quite how much. I sympathise with Reed and co to some extent, but the simple fact is that we have singularly failed to convince ANY of our key men from last season that it's worth sticking around for any longer. It's simply very poor situation management from those at the head of the club, and I am very worried now that all of the good work from the last few seasons has been undone - and astonishingly quickly. Everything that made us an attractive proposition has been decimated, and I think we've wasted a brilliant opportunity to make long-lasting strides in English football.

Hoping it's a case of things not looking so bad in a few weeks with a few signings but - and I hate to lionise like this - I just cannot imagine this happening under Cortese. I suspected in January we had lost our 'X-factor', but was hopeful the alternative was still very good. Hard to see it that way at the moment.

It may well be that Koeman has identified Clyne as our right back. Chamber's agent aware of Arsenal's interest albeit as a reserve at a lot more money plus a hell of a lot more commission facilitated his player's move. I think this is a hell of a price for a reserve who may/may not get better. Personally I prefer Clyne at full back. This transfer has reduced at the moment cover at right back. Our record signing's fee is less than this reserve's fee.

Just for once this summer can't the board say "no"? Or, "sorry Callum but your our player and we want you to stay. Give us two seasons where you can mature and learn your trade then we'll let you go."

If he wants to sulk he can sit on the bench for a few weeks, pretty sure he'd come round in the end.

We seem to have a massive lack of balls, determination or strength in these matters.

Wimps.

As Kenneth Williams wrote in his diary "oh what's the bloody point?!"

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, utterly inept weakness that will just encourages others to come in and unsettle players in the future.

Genuinely my biggest fear is that we will be unable to convince our top targets to sign. Why the hell would they when we are facing a genuine relegation scrap?!

That's also my worry. The message going out there at the moment is that we are a club in crisis, turmoil, or whatever way you want to spin it. I hope the club are prepared to overspend a little on wages/fees to get players over the line, as that's probably what will need to happen to appease their decisions right now.

From the outside we look a rudderless mess.

Jesus christ it is as if nobody on the board has even heard of the word NO.

Just because a player says he wants to leave does not mean we have to bend over backwards to make his wishes come true. The club is meant to come first.

No bedwetting, no pitchfork wielding. If Koeman only wants committed players or we need the money etc that is life but I am baffled why nobody has sat down and tried to convince Chambers that it was too soon for him to leave.

Les Reed: “Our position remains unchanged in that we are determined to keep our best young players at the club.”

What an absolute load of horrendous bull****. Save us the **** take Les, you'll be facing a mutiny if this carries on.

Oh do not take the p*ss. He didn't really say that did he?