Calum Chambers - Done Deal - Official

washsaint

5 words, anyone could have said that.

If you have something to share, share it. But if you don't want to share it, stop filling up threads with one sentence wind ups - as that's all they are, you're becoming a WUM.

We can all see what's going on, no one is happy, but the last thing we need is someone poking their head up and shouting ''TOLD YOU SO'' - when you never actually did.

Didn't I?

Nope, nudge, nudge, wink, wink sentences don't actually say anything. Anyone could have said what you have said.

I agree. In reaction to those accounts there were two opposing schools of thought that any reasonable person could discern.

1) We're in the sh*t and will have to sell all our players

2)The club is run really well, and there's no need to worry.

Simply stating that you believe 1 is the case, however cryptically, does not automatically mean you were right. I make it 50:50

Nope, nudge, nudge, wink, wink sentences don't actually say anything. Anyone could have said what you have said.

Exactly - nothing CL has said is any different to the kind of ranting "everything-has-gone-to-sh it" stuff we get from loads of posters on here.

Sorry Crabby - you can only have your "I told you so" moment if you'd had the balls to actually tell us so. You didn't have those balls. And as you rightly say, this is a pointless little football web forum: so what stopped you?

It was 300m she wanted and they offered 200 million ......100 million short . This was put on twitter at one point by a journalist and rapidly removed .

Maybe the intention is net back the 100 million from sales , convert into an equity withdrawal to a swiss account then sell ??

In which case barring the two purchases made which may have been a RK condition of taking the job we wont be buying anyone else , the next two weeks will be key critical for our future in the premiership IMHO

It was 300m she wanted and they offered 200 million ......100 million short . This was put on twitter at one point by a journalist and rapidly removed .

Maybe the intention is net back the 100 million from sales , convert into an equity withdrawal to a swiss account then sell ??

In which case barring the two purchases made which may have been a RK condition of taking the job we wont be buying anyone else , the next two weeks will be key critical for our future in the premiership IMHO

Very important part there

He left because Kat came in and wanted control, presumably so she can set about the plan you outlined above which I pretty much agree with. She could have got rid of Cortese or looked for more control at any time but didn't until January.

Cortese always seemed realistic about Saints stature and spoke about achieving things in different ways. He spent what was required to get us from L1 to the Prem and at no time did I ever think spending was grotesque or obscene. A lot of investment and work also went into infrastructure with an eye on the future as well. My guess is that he wanted to continue doing what was working well for the club but saw the writing on the wall as soon as Kat stepped into the board room. Who would want to stick around and watch years of work unravel around you?

I think he left because the owner expected more accountability from him.

Most people who have got £200m to spend tend to notice if you remove £100m of value from their intended purchase. They do silly awkward things like lowering their offer accordingly.

We'll see.

We're not going to see anything because you haven't said anything of substance! You've basically said thing are going bad- to be honest anyone could have said that.

If you know that something really rotten is happening in the club and what the end game is why not have the decency to tell your fellow supporters?

Just possible suggestions...

No control over expenditure, debts getting out of control...

It could explain the current situation. Maybe she/they just want to get the club back on the straight and narrow?

Must have been a pretty horrendous situation if this is what it takes to remediate it. We all saw the accounts.

Correct. And you cannot pick up points with no players left on the pitch!

get real Didcot..." no players left on the pitch ? "

We didn't have the last 11 players on the planet. There are a number of good (but different) reasons for selling those who have gone already.

There's lots more talent out there to be had, and if Les and Ronald do their stuff, we'll get even better replacements for those players who have already /will leave.

Just possible suggestions...

No control over expenditure, debts getting out of control...

It could explain the current situation. Maybe she/they just want to get the club back on the straight and narrow?

Outside experts who looked at our accounts at the time said they were a relative picture of health - much better than other prem sides. Even listening now to the extended interview between Blackmore and Rodgers reinforces this impression, not least the fact that our players wage bill as a % of turnover, the best indicator of whether a side's spending is sustainable or not, is one of the lowest in the league.

Well why don't you say then, like you said you would, instead of being a snivelling dinlow.

why is everyone giving crabs such a hard time?? just because no journalist, player, or anyone close to the club who might conceivably know what katherina's plans are, all say they have no idea what is in her head. why should some random poster on this forum not know??

ok, he has been promising to tell all for the best part of 2 months now, just give him time. he clearly just needs to see how things play out to prove he was correct. and then he will confirm it to us all

get real Didcot..." no players left on the pitch ? "

We didn't have the last 11 players on the planet. There are a number of good (but different) reasons for selling those who have gone already.

There's lots more talent out there to be had, and if Les and Ronald do their stuff, we'll get even better replacements for those players who have already /will leave.

To busy selling for buy any incoming players

Outside experts who looked at our accounts at the time said they were a relative picture of health - much better than other prem sides. Even listening now to the extended interview between Blackmore and Rodgers reinforces this impression, not least the fact that our players wage bill as a % of turnover, the best indicator of whether a side's spending is sustainable or not, is one of the lowest in the league.

Well, maybe thereby hangs the root of the situation.

Those accounts covered a period between 13 months and 25 months ago. A lot has happened and been spent since then, including £37.5m of transfers in and £30m on Staplewood.

Those accounts covered a period between 13 months and 25 months ago. A lot has happened and been spent since then, including £37.5m of transfers in and £30m on Staplewood.

how long has staplewood been going on for

do builders do all the work for no money what so ever in stages/up front. or is it all paid at the end?

what about the huge TV deal in all that?

how long has staplewood been going on for

do builders do all the work for no money what so ever in stages/up front. or is it all paid at the end?

what about the huge TV deal in all that?

The TV deal helps to cover the players' wages. The figures you often see quoted are when you add up several years' payments.

Chambers is gone... More or less confirmed

I'm not a bedwetter, a "fan on the board" type or any such crap.

But the club needs to give answers now.

This is ridiculous.

This has NEVER happened before - a team in the top 10 of the top flight selling 6+ first team starters. This is not the actions of a club aiming for Europe.

I'm not a bedwetter, a "fan on the board" type or any such crap.

But the club needs to give answers now.

This is ridiculous.

This has NEVER happened before - a team in the top 10 of the top flight selling 6+ first team starters. This is not the actions of a club aiming for Europe.

Im with you clarky, Ive never known you to be pessimistic about saints, like me you have always seemed to be pretty objective about all things saints

Fact is, as a fan, ive never felt so distant from the club I love, a big part of me doesnt care anymore, I do t know whats gone wrong in the back corridoors but its obviously wrong