Calum Chambers - Done Deal - Official

washsaint

also, further to my last

there has been little/no communication withe cork and fonte regarding a new contract

Fonte has instructed his agent to see what interest there is out there

Cork is keeping his options open but more discreetly. His dad is another matter :lol:

and these players want to stay but the club are keen to use the academy more.

again, have no idea if true just passing on

If we got £75million for 8th place even before all these sales, how can we have debt?

I guess having a wage bill of over £1m per week for your playing staff and the cost of developing the training ground would have incurred a bit of debt. Depends on what other costs the club has, the academy has a pretty large budget IIRC.

If we flog Chambers we know it is asset stripping IMO.

Asset Stripping appears to be one of those phrases that people have now adopted in their vocabulary without actually knowing what it means.

When they sell the training ground, stadium and Jackson's Farm or Kat starts taking Directors Loans / dividends I'll join the party.

From the original link: -

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where Katharina holds a current appointment equals £28,101,912, with a combined assets value of £51,931,150 and liabilities of £168,241,610.

It's the £168M figure that seems at odds with previous reports. Nevertheless, sure it's incorrect.

Asset Stipping appears to be one of those phrases that people have now adopted in their vocabulary without actually knowing what it means.

When they sell the training ground, stadium and Jackson's Farm I'll join the party.

I think they mean (when it comes to football clubs)

is selling most players of high value, replacing them with FAR cheaper (which will mean in most cases, inferior) replacements and pocketing the rest

that my take when football fans say "asset stripping'

http://companycheck.co.uk/director/918435092/MS-KATHARINA-MARIA-MATHILDE-LIEBHERR

Not sure of the accuracy but does suggest that we do have significant liabilities.

Agree to the 2013 audited figures yep.

12.5m of the current liabilities is amounts owed to KL which were supposed to be repaid in 2014, 11mill represents outstanding transfer fees to be paid in 2014, 9 mill owed to the holding co, 16 mill of accrued liabilities and the remainder trade debtors, tax and the 5mill advance we took out. It is worth noting however that our assets are massively understated if you look at fair values as Lallana, Shaw, Chambers and all other academy players will not be recorded in the books so the real picture is quite a bit rosier.

Asset Stipping appears to be one of those phrases that people have now adopted in their vocabulary without actually knowing what it means.

When they sell the training ground, stadium and Jackson's Farm I'll join the party.

If one more player leaves we know its a fire sale.

I think they mean (when it comes to football clubs)

is selling most players of high value, replacing them with FAR cheaper (which will mean in most cases, inferior) replacements and pocketing the rest

that my take when football fans say "asset stripping'

Ŵe sold lambert for £4m and his replacement cost £7m.

Asset Stripping appears to be one of those phrases that people have now adopted in their vocabulary without actually knowing what it means.

When they sell the training ground, stadium and Jackson's Farm or Kat starts taking Directors Loans / dividends I'll join the party.

OK, we will know KL wants to flog players and pull a **** load of money out of the club. I think it's obvious what is meant by it in this context.

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where Katharina holds a current appointment equals £28,101,912, with a combined assets value of £51,931,150 and liabilities of £168,241,610.

It's the £168M figure that seems at odds with previous reports. Nevertheless, sure it's incorrect.

Are you an accountant? If not, suggest you try and not overinterpret shoestring figures any tom, **** and harry can pull off google.

OK, we will know KL wants to flog players and pull a **** load of money out of the club. I think it's obvious what is meant by it in this context.

She's sanctioned £90m worth of spending in the last three years on players, with more to come, plus £30m on the training ground. Please explain what you mean.

Just making a guess but liabilities may include the p/w wages of all players at the full contract length. Someone getting paid 20k-30k/week for 4 or 5 years is a liability the company probably reports.

Agree to the 2013 audited figures yep.

12.5m of the current liabilities is amounts owed to KL which were supposed to be repaid in 2014, 11mill represents outstanding transfer fees to be paid in 2014, 9 mill owed to the holding co, 16 mill of accrued liabilities and the remainder trade debtors, tax and the 5mill advance we took out. It is worth noting however that our assets are massively understated if you look at fair values as Lallana, Shaw, Chambers and all other academy players will not be recorded in the books so the real picture is quite a bit rosier.

Plus Premier League guaranteed income one way or another, even if it's parachute payments.

This is where business ruins football and I'm developing a huge dislike for the board.

Calum Chambers will be first choice England CB in three years time.

That'll be an odd choice if Arsenal are playing him as a holding midfieldfer.

This is where business ruins football and I'm developing a huge dislike for the board.

Calum Chambers will be first choice England CB in three years time.

Still in shock we are only getting £11m for him up-front. Makes absolutely no sense given how much money we are likely to have in the bank from sales already.

She's sanctioned £90m worth of spending in the last three years on players, with more to come, plus £30m on the training ground. Please explain what you mean.

Maybe, and this is a novel idea, she wants to make some money out of her investment.

Maybe, and this is a novel idea, she wants to make some money out of her investment.

Pretty strange to spend millions on replacing departed players then. Surely her investment would be worth more by keeping the players and selling 'champions league ready saints' with their plush new training ground and top 5 academy in Europe churning out international after international?

Pretty strange to spend millions on replacing departed players then. Surely her investment would be worth more by keeping the players and selling 'champions league ready saints' with their plush new training ground and top 5 academy in Europe churning out international after international?

no.

I'm very disappointed at the apparent decision to sell chambers. However, if our policy is that we will only sell players who want to leave and get the chance to go to a champions league club, then this would fit with that.

My main question though is, if we're having a firesale, why did we release such a snide statement when Lallana left? Wouldn't we be fine with him leaving?

if we're having a firesale, why did we release such a snide statement when Lallana left? Wouldn't we be fine with him leaving?

Broken assurances; refusing to give up loyalty bonuses despite agitating to leave; spreading discontent in dressing room despite being captain?

Ignoring the high fee for Shaw, £16m for someone who has played 22 league games is to me fairly extraordinary. I know that this is based on potential, but to me that is somewhat of a risk. I think Wenger must have been very very impressed during the 2-2 at SMS, where he did have a storming game. But £16m having played 22 games??