Calum Chambers - Done Deal - Official

washsaint

It gets worse.

Ben Smith BBC:

I'm told Arsenal want Morgan Schneiderlin AND Callum Chambers from Southampton. Spurs have also made an enquiry for Jay Rodriguez

:lol:

I still can't believe the club put season ticket prices up to watch a lesser team than last season.

It gets worse.

Ben Smith BBC:

I'm told Arsenal want Morgan Schneiderlin AND Callum Chambers from Southampton. Spurs have also made an enquiry for Jay Rodriguez

Can't Saints offer them a few more players to sweeten the deal. Saints don't need any players anymore as we're entering a 5 a side league.

I'm surprised we didn't spot this. He's not featured in preseason... There have been rumours but nothing else. I hope this isn't true I really do. I sense the protestors will prepare to march shortly.
:lol: Apart from tonight, Chambers has featured in pre-season plenty.

Poor decision selling Chambers, bad call from the club there.

Was always going to be an issue keeping Clyne and Chambers happy, but I'd expect that to really come to a head next pre-season and not this one. I guess Chambers doesn't want to sit on the bench for a large chunk of the season, but still very, very bad timing from the club.

I think that's fair. But I think we all thought we'd get at least one more season out of him as competition before he left. What's more Clyne and Chambers provided slightly different capabilities, almost a tactic change option. Big loss.

I cant trust a word that the Southampton board say at the moment. All we need now is for Koeman to resign stating broken promises and KL to say the clubs up for sale and then our summer really can be complete!!!

Definately heading for a relegation battle at this rate although i did get my odds at 7-1 on Saints being relegated. I thought i'd go and waste £20 as i didn't really think Saints would be relegated now as every day passes i am not so sure. Still hope i have wasted £20

Does Chambers have the same agent as the players who have already left?

No he doesn't. As I posted earlier though, knowing his agent I'm not surprised he has been touting Callum out for a move.

I feel physically sick.

Generally I'm pretty considered and positive but this is one too many for me. There is something seriously wrong inside the club and we now need answers!

I think even Koeman must be surprised by this one!

But seriously what is going on?

If you want to sell the club why would you risk relegation? We can bring in £125m transfer fees, then lose revenues of £100m per season?! It doesn't fit together. So what is it?

Fire sale? Or result of a MASSIVE breakdown of morale through mismanagement at Boardroom level? An owner that doesn't give a ****? All of the above?

Would this have happened with Cortese in charge? The exodus we have and continue to see...

FFS stop going on about would this happen if Cortese was still here. He isn't, so what is the point of asking such hypothetical questions?

But seriously what is going on?

If you want to sell the club why would you risk relegation? We can bring in £125m transfer fees, then lose revenues of £100m per season?! It doesn't fit together. So what is it?

We are getting silly offers for players, that's what.

I like the stuff I own but if someone offered me £1m for my house, £200k for my car, £20k for my wris****ch and £50k for my TV I'd take it. Even if it is a lot of replacing to do. It's the players we buy who define our ambition, not the ones we sell.

We are quickly becoming the laughing stock of football...and the worst thing is,we have not even played a game yet

The longest summer as a Saints fan could well be followed by the longest season

The board are going to have to pull some next level transfer dealings out the bag to make us stronger next season

We need 7-8 players minimum,it just can't be done in time

Some of the biggest and richest clubs in World football are making large bids for our players and shock horror, our players are interested.

You're still sticking with this one? How do you think the board sold (no pun intended) the role to Koeman? What incentive could he have been offered to take over a club in such a position. Just interested.

Maybe it is simply that Les et all feel they're getting very big fees, perhaps a lot more than they're worth, and that when spent wisely will leave us in better shape? But this will involve so many changes to the squad it just feels totally mad and a serious gamble.

Has Koeman really signed off on this many going? This would be a good time for Guan to leak the club's thinking

Adds weight to the rumour that we're getting Martin Kelly as part of the Lovren deal...although that now appears to be £20mill straight up rather than £16mill and Kelly.

If we knew Kelly said no,why let CC have the medical ?? Surely you pull the plug there and then

Adds weight to the rumour that we're getting Martin Kelly as part of the Lovren deal...although that now appears to be £20mill straight up rather than £16mill and Kelly.

I can't understand that, he's awful! I can only hope we are getting Isla but I highly doubt that, why would he want to join a team embarking on a huge downward curve.

We are getting silly offers for players, that's what.

That we don't need to take and that we can't replace. It's actually like being offered a silly price for your house and then finding there are no more properties on the market once you've sold it - so you live in a tent instead with all your money stuffed in the bottom of your sleeping bag... And then in vanishes....

Kelly was very promising before his injuries. Don't see logic in selling chambers since we've no financial need though.

I feel very disenchanted with football at the moment. Almost wish we were back in the lower leagues.

A team of young, predominantly English, predominantly homegrown talent. That was the dream. I thought we would do something special. But no, the powers that be have spoken. I fully expect Morgan to follow suit now.

Call it knee jerk, but I am very, very disappointed.

Has Koeman really signed off on this many going? This would be a good time for Guan to leak the club's thinking

There is no thinking. There is no strategy. There is simply short term reaction to offers. That is really very worrying.i think KL may shortly be on her way.

Fuming if true. One too far. Was as happy enough losing lallana, lovren, lambert and shaw. But now chambers? Katrina and Les can go fûck themselves ripping apart our club. Is there any point to having an academy apart from it being a cash cow?!

I feel very disenchanted with football at the moment. Almost wish we were back in the lower leagues.

A team of young, predominantly English, predominantly homegrown talent. That was the dream. I thought we would do something special. But no, the powers that be have spoken. I fully expect Morgan to follow suit now.

Call it knee jerk, but I am very, very disappointed.

Exactly this

Maybe it is simply that Les et all feel they're getting very big fees, perhaps a lot more than they're worth, and that when spent wisely will leave us in better shape? But this will involve so many changes to the squad it just feels totally mad and a serious gamble.

Few good points and questions there. I'm still happy to judge at the end of the transfer window as a whole, but think this one is a poor call from the club.

Fuming if true. One too far. Was as happy enough losing lallana, lovren, lambert and shaw. But now chambers? Katrina and Les can go fûck themselves ripping apart our club. Is there any point to having an academy apart from it being a cash cow?!

I wonder how much damage OUR academy players will do us next season in the relegation dog fight. The fact that Chambers, Shaw, Lallana, Walcott, Chamberlain aren't playing FOR us is bad enough, but they are all playing AGAINST us in the same division. There really is no point in the academy. As a fan, I get nothing from it. The owner gets more $$$ but it's not worth it for me seeing Walcott, Bale, Dyer and whoever score and beat us.

I wonder how much damage OUR academy players will do us next season in the relegation dog fight. The fact that Chambers, Shaw, Lallana, Walcott, Chamberlain aren't playing FOR us is bad enough, but they are all playing AGAINST us in the same division. There really is no point in the academy. As a fan, I get nothing from it. The owner gets more $$$ but it's not worth it for me seeing Walcott, Bale, Dyer and whoever score and beat us.

Under an owner with ambition we'd keep them for a few years. This new approach, why don't we just rebrand ourselves Liverpool B and be done with it.

Selling our two best English players and two best English prospects too. Not just the ability that goes but the squad dynamic changes.

Maybe the whole squad dynamic does need to change as maybe too many players from the cortese/mp era were still hung up on the old pipedream

We may be able to bring in an entirely new squad with a similar playing ability who grow into the club with a Koeman attitude and will all be happy playing under him and we can build another successful team that Mayr stay together for longer

Wow, I didn't see this coming.

Chambers will be as good a rb as Shaw will be a lb IMO. One of the most talented young English players.

I've been relaxed about the exodus until now (lallana, lambert and Shaw have been adequately replaced IMO) but lovren, chambers and poss Morgan is just ridiculous. I'm not sure how we stem the flow but we must do so.

The biggest issue is we have now set a precedent for every window while this lot are in the board room. We are now seen as easy pickings as soon as any of our players impress! Has there ever been a single window like this???!

I rubbished any suggestions of major problems afoot or intentions to sell the club but it's becoming impossible not to wonder.

The other big concern is why would anyone want to join us after such a public dismantling!

Edited by saint_ed

A flaming shambles that's what it is.........Marcus Liebherr must be rolling in his grave at this travesty of selling off all our talented players leaving us vulnerable to the drop next season.........although we have lots of new talented young players to replace the ones who have left, it takes time to establish them into the 1st team, and we achieved this before growing them through League 1 and the Championship to the Premier League ramping up the quality everytime we got promoted. If you expect to throw in 8 or so rookie young players into the Premier League you are gonna get burnt every time. Just look what was handed to Jan Poortvliet in the Championship in 2008/09 exactly the same scenario with too many young players in the side and we got relegated.....I fear history will repeat itself this season with another Dutchman at the held (although he has a much better reputation) unless the board back him with the money to get new experienced players in and not burden the young players with the massive task ahead....as Alan Hansen has always said "You can't win anything with Kids"

As disappointed as I am losing Chambers it is not as bad as the others we've lost. Now we need to put a full stop on the exodus. Invest the money in some signings. Otherwise we are in for a relegation battle.

We needed to stop the exodus after Lambert left. This is a whole new ball game. Unless Koeman has just said, ' sod it, there's too many damaged goods, get rid and start again.'

That's the only positive I can draw from this.

We are quickly becoming the laughing stock of football...and the worst thing is,we have not even played a game yet

Hi

Can you provide some links to the threads on the Villa, Derby, Port Vale and Colchester forums, where they're all laughing at us.

Thanks. xx

We needed to stop the exodus after Lambert left. This is a whole new ball game. Unless Koeman has just said, ' sod it, there's too many damaged goods, get rid and start again.'

That's the only positive I can draw from this.

Agreed, RK may want a clean sweep but I find that unlikely.

The only other possibility is that he thinks the next crop of youngsters are ready to replace those leaving.

I've been relaxed about the exodus until now (lallana, lambert and Shaw have been adequately replaced IMO) but lovren, chambers and poss Morgan is just ridiculous. I'm not sure how we stem the flow but we must do so.

I thought SFC was raped, but it turns out she's whoring.

Edit: sorry for unpleasant analogy! If you think of better one let me know!

Edited by Bearsy