Calum Chambers - Done Deal - Official

washsaint

So this would see us needing a goalkeeper and an entire new back 4? Plus a winger & another striker, and that's assuming nobody else leaves. I'm usually optimistic but I'd worry if (when) this one goes through, signing six players and expecting them to integrate into the team in 5 weeks won't happen.

Agree its not good. That said the quality of players we are linked to is great, which just makes whats going on more confusing. I could at least understand it if we were downgrading.

That's very well and good if one is really inferior and you're not selling off everyone else.

Selling off another top academy prospect, sorry that one is too much. What is the point now? Seriously? Yeah we have Clyne but it he's any good an offer will come in and he'll go. If you want the club to do reasonably well you need two good right backs anyway. Chambers might have become a CB or midfielder, now he's just another good deal for a big club.

Shaw, Lovren, Lallana, Lambert, Schneiderlin and Chambers. Few thought it would be THAT bad. Why on earth would Wanyama and Rodriguez stay exactly?

Why should we be pleased about JWP and Reed signing deals? Just means they'll prove themselves here and quickly move.

I lost interest for a few months when we first made it back to the premier league, because I've grown to dislike it and the desperation for money and the CL. But the style we played with, the youngsters coming through, I got into it again. But now I'm really struggling to reason with myself why I should keep taking an interest.

Name me a non top 4 team with 2 x good RB's then.

I'm surprised we didn't spot this. He's not featured in preseason... There have been rumours but nothing else. I hope this isn't true I really do. I sense the protestors will prepare to march shortly.

Yes he has...c**k

The only way I can see them blagging this is if they both turned around and said they won't be happy being sub again because it harmed their England chances as woy alluded to ! Koeman had to choose one to keep ?

Getting just a little concerned now at what is happening.......we are in for a dogfight this season I think, even with new additions......

Yep. Perhaps we'll generate some optimism yet but it is looking increasingly like Koeman was brought in for his track record of rebuilding broken teams by using youth.

Won't work in this League. We tried it with Lowe.... and we're selling our best ones anyway!

I assume Mcarthy will be earmarked for backup RB,this is the one transfer that will make a lot of people lose faith in the board

The most disappointing thing to see is we are losing all our best players to the big 4,with the right manager and those players maybe we could of done things,maybe the dream of European football wasn't crazy after all,looks like KL doesn't share the vision, trying not to be a bedwetter or negative but it looks like Lovren might of been correct

We are seriously in for a tough season ahead going on what is happening currently. If anyone thinks otherwise then you must be deluded and don't go on about in in ron we trust because it wouldn't be a suprise if he walked before the season started. For les reed to come out with the crap about players not being sold pretty much coincided with the end of the early bird season ticket deal. 3 weeks to the start of the season and looking at our present starting 11 its not looking good. Anyway its all about opinions and i would loved to be proved wrong.

No, I said good. It is literally written above your post. I can't believe the Navy used to let you on a submarine. That's more worrying than what's going on at Saints.

what has the navy got to do with opinions on football? I disagree with the forum hard man so you come out with this shyt?

dunno, but I am completely biased. I doubt on the spurs forum, they would swap either

So you agree as a midtable club, we currently have two right backs at least as good as a much bigger club who is expected to challenge for the champions league this season?

I assume Mcarthy will be earmarked for backup RB,this is the one transfer that will make a lot of people lose faith in the board

The most disappointing thing to see is we are losing all our best players to the big 4,with the right manager and those players maybe we could of done things,maybe the dream of European football wasn't crazy after all,looks like KL doesn't share the vision, trying not to be a bedwetter or negative but it looks like Lovren might of been correct

Preparing Mccarthy for the glorious moment we sell him after he's played 5 games. Woo HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So you agree as a midtable club, we currently have two right backs at least as good as a much bigger club who is expected to challenge for the champions league this season?

I do. but I am completely biased. Most people outside of saints support groups do not

what has the navy got to do with opinions on football? I disagree with the forum hard man so you come out with this shyt?

Because you can't form an opinion on football matters so how can you form an opinion on if the captains bacon is cooked through?

Poor decision selling Chambers, bad call from the club there.

Was always going to be an issue keeping Clyne and Chambers happy, but I'd expect that to really come to a head next pre-season and not this one. I guess Chambers doesn't want to sit on the bench for a large chunk of the season, but still very, very bad timing from the club.

Poor decision selling Chambers, bad call from the club there.

Was always going to be an issue keeping Clyne and Chambers happy, but I'd expect that to really come to a head next pre-season and not this one. I guess Chambers doesn't want to sit on the bench for a large chunk of the season, but still very, very bad timing from the club.

Don't disagree with this. Disappointed.

I'm beginning to wonder if we're selling all the top players to finance an expansion of the ground.

Can't see Koeman being given that much of the incoming monies to spend on replacements. It's just not going to happen.

Maybe the club are going to put another 10,000 - 15,000 seats in the ground? Would certainly elevate our status as a club. Even if we don't have the players to be able to guarantee filling it......

I do. but I am completely biased. Most people outside of saints support groups do not

Good man, now we're getting somewhere.

So how do you propose we keep one of those right backs happy, competing for a place in our first team with no guarantees of first choice, play for a midtable finish when he can go to arsenal, earn more money, play in the champions league and compete for the top 4, and be faced with exactly the same scenario in terms of team selection?

I'm beginning to wonder if we're selling all the top players to finance an expansion of the ground.

Can't see Koeman being given that much of the incoming monies to spend on replacements. It's just not going to happen.

Maybe the club are going to put another 10,000 - 15,000 seats in the ground? Would certainly elevate our status as a club. Even if we don't have the players to be able to guarantee filling it......

A ground share agreement with Eastleigh would be more appropriate than an expansion of SMS if this selling trend continues.

Good man, now we're getting somewhere.

So how do you propose we keep one of those right backs happy, competing for a place in our first team with no guarantees of first choice, play for a midtable finish when he can go to arsenal, earn more money, play in the champions league and compete for the top 4, and be faced with exactly the same scenario in terms of team selection?

I would say no.

I really do NOT see chambers after just 1 season going into full strike mode