Calum Chambers - Done Deal - Official

washsaint

Agreed, RK may want a clean sweep but I find that unlikely.

The only other possibility is that he thinks the next crop of youngsters are ready to replace those leaving.

To only last one whole season, then all of them get sold off the following summer probably.

If he goes I am sorry but its an absolute ****ing disgrace. What's the point? We'd have made £70-odd million after selling Shaw, Adam, Rickie, Lovren. We don't need the money, the kid has only had a year playing first-team football for christ sake. Have we even made an effort to keep hold of him? The first we hear of it is that he is off. Unbelievable.

What message does this send to the senior players that remain? What message does it send to the academy lads coming through the ranks? One half-decent season and you'll get your dream move, or that the best we can hope for as a club after spending how many millions on developing our youngsters is 20 games. Ralph said in interviews before the summer that he'd do 'all he can to keep this group together', and that he wants to be able to look us in the eye come the start of the new season. Sorry but the man has been proven as little more than a snake-oil salesmen, brought in to pull the wool over our eyes. He has failed on every count. Absolutely pathetic.

The other big concern is why would anyone want to join us after such a public dismantling!

Yep. Very good point. Koeman clearly had Tadic and Pelle in the bank before he came in order to replace Lambert and Lallana. But it's a different ball game now. Can he attract further replacements in these circumstances? We are full of damaged goods and appear as damaged goods.

Hi

Can you provide some links to the threads on the Villa, Derby, Port Vale and Colchester forums, where they're all laughing at us.

Thanks. xx

Just check twitter,you will see enough on there

Keep selling players and we'll be relegated. There comes a point where even if we replace them like for like it'll just be too much change.

That is also assuming the players we are very keen to promote from within are going to cut it. We won't produce a chambers every year.

The signs of what's going on have been on show for months now but people have insisted on believing that our actions have been forced upon the club and that we are somehow going to be better off after all this. We are cashing in big time and players are keen to jump ship. This very rarely happens and not to a club which has been on the up for long. There is a Swiss bank account looking very healthy at the moment and this is ultimately what it's all about.

I feel very disenchanted with football at the moment. Almost wish we were back in the lower leagues.

A team of young, predominantly English, predominantly homegrown talent. That was the dream. I thought we would do something special. But no, the powers that be have spoken. I fully expect Morgan to follow suit now.

Call it knee jerk, but I am very, very disappointed.

I feel your pain mate. Never in my wildest imagination did I think our team would be decimated in the way it has been/looks likely to be. Why would I, this is utterly unprecedented except for maybe Leeds and Pompey who were financial basket cases and Wham who had been relegated FFS. It seems we are utterly powerless to do anything (other than cave in and sell) when a bigger club wants one of our players. So are we doing a Leeds/Pompey?(spending 18 mil on Tadic and Pelle says not) or do we have a board with absolutely no backbone? I know it's the pecking order and we can say it even happens to Manu etc when Madrid come calling but we are potentially talking about 6 first teamers, quite possibly more, and I refuse to believe that this whole thing could not have been handled far far better.

I thought SFC was raped, but it turns out she's whoring.

Edit: sorry for unpleasant analogy! If you think of better one let me know!

Not a bad analogy Monsieur Bear. It feels like rape and pillaging with someone taking money.

Flip side is the madame may go out and get good fresh meat ready to turn tricks in the pl.

My gut feel is that all will be cool but I'd prefer evolution to revolution!

Not a bad analogy Monsieur Bear. It feels like rape and pillaging with someone taking money.

Flip side is the madame may go out and get good fresh meat ready to turn tricks in the pl.

My gut feel is that all will be cool but I'd prefer evolution to revolution!

Your gut feel is likely to be as off as your hairline

Just look what was handed to Jan Poortvliet in the Championship in 2008/09 exactly the same scenario with too many young players in the side and we got relegated.....I fear history will repeat itself this season with another Dutchman at the held (although he has a much better reputation) unless the board back him with the money to get new experienced players in and not burden the young players with the massive task ahead....

This is my feeling too.

This is fast becoming one big joke. Something seriously rotten going on with all these first team players leaving. Apart from the cheats down the road has another Premier League side ever sold so many first team players in one summer?

FFS stop going on about would this happen if Cortese was still here. He isn't, so what is the point of asking such hypothetical questions?

Because it's a discussion board about Southampton, so why not.

I'm not worried *yet*. I'm sad to see a lot of the players leave this summer that I have been able to watch at Saints over the past few years, and especially academy ones as it is always nice to think that we have the academy out playing for us. But at the same time, we have a lot of cash now, so lets see what they do with that over the next few weeks. If we don't get anyone in in the next couple of weeks or so then I will panic (or at least concede we are unlikely to match last season).

I thought SFC was raped, but it turns out she's whoring.

Edit: sorry for unpleasant analogy! If you think of better one let me know!

Your gut feel is likely to be as off as your hairline

Ha! Hope you're wrong dug dug but faith is required. Everything I've heard suggests the money and ambition is still there but selling chambers makes no sense. He'll be a fixture of the England team for years. Poss captain material too.

Hairline? I have an affro, honest.

Two players in, five out and soon to be six. Laughable that the board think Koeman can convince Morgan to stay after selling another player under his nose. I make that another eight signings needed over the next month. What an absolute farce. The academy reduced to a cash cow, and a truly special generation of talent tossed away to the vultures with barely a whimper. Sickening.

Wake up people, wake up! It's crystal clear for us all to see. Katharina is selling the club. What is happening is what goes on when a business is being sold. To have admitted to selling would have backfired so they denied everything whilst put the club up for sale quietly.

The Stadium and the ground upon which it stands will follow suit before the heart and soul of what is Southampton Football Club will be sold off to the highest bidder. Maybe this is what Cortese is waiting silently for, what gave him that smirk on smile when last interviewed.

Rarely have I seen such massive lying and ripping off. Those who've been conned into buying season tickets are perfectly within their rights to demand a refund. Maybe such a move would bring those pulling the strings a huge wake up call.

Calum Chambers, England Under 19 Captain, has been a revelation this past year. I'd have him any day over Clyne, who gave me the jitters tonight under he improved as the game went on. In one year he will be worth more than Shaw and be able to earn more too. I hope any deal will include future payments based on his worth or sell on.

Wake up people, wake up! It's crystal clear for us all to see. Katharina is selling the club. What is happening is what goes on when a business is being sold. To have admitted to selling would have backfired so they denied everything whilst put the club up for sale quietly.

The Stadium and the ground upon which it stands will follow suit before the heart and soul of what is Southampton Football Club will be sold off to the highest bidder. Maybe this is what Cortese is waiting silently for, what gave him that smirk on smile when last interviewed.

Rarely have I seen such massive lying and ripping off. Those who've been conned into buying season tickets are perfectly within their rights to demand a refund. Maybe such a move would bring those pulling the strings a huge wake up call.

Calum Chambers, England Under 19 Captain, has been a revelation this past year. I'd have him any day over Clyne, who gave me the jitters tonight under he improved as the game went on. In one year he will be worth more than Shaw and be able to earn more too. I hope any deal will include future payments based on his worth or sell on.

Please someone stop me from going along with these thoughts! I'm not even a bed wetter but I feel like I'm changing :(

#Itshappeningbutnothowweexpected

I'm afraid this has been on the cards...but of course thinking that way was just bedwetting. Well guess what...it could get worse. Anyone else wondering why no contracts for Cork and Fonte yet? Or why no senior player has signed a new deal yet? Something has gone VERY wrong at the heart of the club...no other explanation makes sense. Well done to the Board - a marvellous job of deception and lies. Dominoes indeed.

You do not sell your best assets if you intend to sell a business.

Right now, precisely because of the player sales, saints look to be in a mess from an onlookers perspective. Not inviting for a purchaser.

People keep talking about the RB conundrum, but worth mentioning that Chambers played in various positions throughout his youth career. Only became a permanent right-back towards the end of 2012/13, so he could well have slotted into a new role (CB?)

For me this is as gutting if not more soul destroying than any of the other sales we've made this summer. At least with Lallana we saw him at his very best. Even with Shaw we got two great years out of. As good as he was last season, Chambers is still a long way off his full potential. We should have had the opportunity to witness him at the height of his game, even just briefly. Sadly we won't now.

Was actually feeling reasonably positive at the game tonight, but hearing this on the way back has really dampened my spirits. Not holding out much hope that we'll keep hold of Schneiderlin now. Resigned myself to Lovren going a while ago, but kind of thought the worst of it was over and we'd be able to keep most if not all of the others. Didn't see this one coming at all. Not sure anyone is safe now. Where will it all end?

We did only need two, so that still leave Toons maths two over. Anyway which of the promoted Targett, McQueen, Harrison, Isgrove etc you planning to send back?

We needed three to four to really push on but arguing semantics over two players is hardly worth the ridicule is it? All those players listed were promoted last season and not used/sent out on loan for a reason. They are not suddenly premier league class players. Again, don't be thick Timothy.

We did only need two, so that still leave Toons maths two over. Anyway which of the promoted Targett, McQueen, Harrison, Isgrove etc you planning to send back?

We needed a GK, replacements for Osvaldo and Guly, and short-term cover for J-Rod anyway, plus another 4 for those we haven't yet replaced. Or are we operating a strictly one-in one-out policy? I sense you're on a wind-up though Timmy so I'll leave you to finding that special someone on the interweb.

Edited by Toon Saint

Are we definitely selling him? Funny how bad news is always gospel...

That's what I thought when rumours broke bout Lambert, Shaw, Lallana & Lovren. I don't give benefit of doubt no more when it comes to bros getting sold!

We needed a GK, replacements for Osvaldo and Guly, and short-term cover for J-Rod anyway, plus another 4 for those we haven't yet replaced. I sense you're on a wind-up though Timmy so I'll leave you to finding that special someone on the interweb.

Dont go now that web has brought us together.

As the Geordie ranter said after we had given them a good seeing to last season: "as for Southampton they went in dry man, they didn't even bother to lube up!!".

If it turns out to be true this one will bloody smart.......... If Morgan goes too might as well take the whole bottle of Amyl Nitrate and still put a lump of wood between your teeth.

Still, results in a bloody big war chest compared to previous years.

i do hasten to add I am a glass half full type of chap, if my bed is wet then I have drunk more than I have ever drunk before but I still have half a glass left!

Edited by John Boy Saint

As the Geordie ranter said after we had given them a good seeing to last season: "as for Southampton they went in dry man, they didn't even bother to lube up!!".

If it turns out to be true this one will bloody smart.......... If Morgan goes too might as well take the whole bottle of Amyl Nitrate and still put a lump of wood between your teeth.

Still, results in a bloody big war chest compared to previous years.

Except there is precious little evidence of either a big warchest or indeed players of substance wanting to come to us to spend it on.

Chambers stated as 'ill' but apparently managing to have a medical at Arsenal

Lovren silence from the Club not playing tonight but allegedly having a medical at Liverpool tomorrow

Schneiderlin 'back at training tomorrow' but allegedly the Club have had a bid from Arsenal and or Spurs and clearly we will sell him

Fonte allegedly will not extend his contract and if I was Jay I would wait until I was fit.

I cannot see how we can replace the players lost or to be lost before the close of the window. Even if we get part way there you cannot bed in a whole team in the time risking a poor start and increased relegation prospects.

This is not bad luck or coincidence this is bad management. The interview given by Reed a few weeks back is looking like a real con job to get season tickets renewed. Where is our PR Chairman when you need him for reassurance?

It is naive for the Board to think that just because you reached eighth you can change a side and stay there. There are all the Clubs below you you in the Prem and the top half of the Championship spending money to take your position.

Five pages of hysterical hair rending, eye gouging, and overall bedwetting, yet he hasn't been sold yet. Hate to have been alongside some of you fannies down south. He may be sold, but we are but supporters, not owners, and to the Arse! he'd be mad not to imo, a far bigger club, and a far better future for him.

It gets worse.

Ben Smith BBC:

I'm told Arsenal want Morgan Schneiderlin AND Callum Chambers from Southampton. Spurs have also made an enquiry for Jay Rodriguez

Bet Jay is rushing to sign that contract extension. It's almost impossible to imagine that our board of directors could have performed a more hapless job this summer. They think they can keep us happy by stringing out a load of contract extensions for 18-19 year olds but can't sort the very basics. A f*cking omnishambles.

Except there is precious little evidence of either a big warchest or indeed players of substance wanting to come to us to spend it on.

Very true.

i can't see this exodus being allowed without it being covered off, we just have to hope that it doesn't turn out to be the Dutch experiment MKII.

On the flip side Spurs sold Bale then went on a spending orgy on allsorts who seemed to struggle to gel yet they ground out results and stumbled into Europe. However much RK is on he is certainly going to be earning his corn to match last seasons end position.

Well if Chambers goes, that would leave us with one senior full back (having never seen Targett play I'm not confident he will be nearly good enough). And if Lovren goes as well, as is likely, we'll be left with just 4 first team defenders, two of which are Hooiveld and Yoshida, who to be honest are both Championship standard, even Fonte only really excelled with Lovren alongside him.

With that defence, and an attack consisting of Gallagher and Pelle (a striker who's never settled at a club and who at 29 has scored just 85 goals in his entire career) then unless something drastic happens and we sign some seriously decent players then I can see myself quite easily finding something more appealing to do on a Saturday than watching us get relegated next year. I also think it's more likely Tadic turns out to be another De Ridder/McCann/Arias/Forte/Sarmento than the ready-made midfield maestro that we've never been able to sign since perhaps Keegan.

No matter who we sign, we've let too many proven players leave. New signings tend to have a success rate of roughly 1 in 2 I'd say. So for every good signing we make we sign a player who's rubbish. For every Jack Cork there's a Pulis, for every J Rod there's a Tadanari Lee. Even some of our more 'successful' signings in the recent past have actually been pretty poor like Ramirez, Mayuka, Skacel, Kosowski, Idiakez, Belmadi. A team of average foreign players the wrong side of 27 will quickly get us relegated.

I am starting to think that the so called "bedwetters" are the only ones who really have Saints best interests at heart.

To me all of those who say don't worry, it will be ok and why don't the betwetters go away are just secret pompey fans.

Lets face it only pompey fans could possibly agree with what is happening at the moment. It is the true fans who are

very, very worried.

My joke about Saints preparing in advance for life in L1 by signing that goalkeeper from a Conference side is starting to

appear not such a joke after all. :(

Edited by Saint in Paradise

I am starting to think that the so called "bedwetters" are the only ones who really have Saints best interests at heart.

To me all of those who say don't worry, it will be ok and why don't the betwetters go away are just secret pompey fans.

Lets face it only pompey fans could possibly agree with what is happening at the moment. It is the true fans who are

very, very worried.

My joke about Saints preparing in advance for life in L1 by signing that goalkeeper from a Conference side is starting to

appear not such a joke after all. :(

So only pessimists can be true supporters?

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe."

Frank Zappa

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/f/frankzappa106017.html#8Tz6Zy4pWSeFGSZj.99

Hello. "Happy clapper" here. (Most of the time.) Been out drinking (which means being an agony uncle to weird mates.)

Ok, we expected Osvaldo to go, after our English boys. And Dejan. And to a point, Morgan. And at a massive pinch? Ramirez.

but Chambers? The club is now taking the ****.

alcohol talking? Perhaps. I'm still not impressed.