Calum Chambers - Done Deal - Official

washsaint

I'm shocked and disappointed that we've sold Chambers because I think he has a lot of potential.

However, in the interests of objectivity, I'd like to mention an important statistic - plus/minus rating. It's the difference between goals for and goals against while a player was on the pitch.

Last season I think Chambers was -8 and Clyne was +12.

Sure, it's not a "be all and end all" stat but it is quite insightful.

Would you say he we got good money for him? Or he was undersold? Or the fee was about right. I think this is the factor which most decides how I feel about it.

Personally my feeling is that the fee was "about right" for a player of his ability/potential, and this is personally why I am disappointed. Keep in mind the timing and our lack of squad, we should have sold him for a mint, or not at all.

Full disclosure - I wasn't told about this. Whether that means it's a new development (unlikely) or something we were hoping to prevent, I am not sure.

Seriously wondering how we intend to keep Morgan now. Would have to capture all of our targets early next week!

From reading your posts over the last 3 or 4 weeks, it would appear you're being used, which is a shame.

Would you say he we got good money for him? Or he was undersold? Or the fee was about right. I think this is the factor which most decides how I feel about it.

Personally my feeling is that the fee was "about right" for a player of his ability/potential, and this is personally why I am disappointed. Keep in mind the timing and our lack of squad, we should have sold him for a mint, or not at all.

If the fee is close to the £16m that's being reported, I think it's a fair deal tbh. Always a shame to see academy players leave, but without changing positions his development would have stalled, so I can't blame him for wanting to go to Arsenal to have a crack at getting a first-team place there. We can get in a good replacement (maybe somebody versatile who can play across the defence or in midfield too) for a fraction of the price and maybe selling Chambers means keeping Schneiderlin? Who knows?

A couple of my neutral mates sum it up. We get top dollar money on the sales and then offer peanuts for our targets. What a complete and utter joke we can't have our cake and eat it and expect to remain a premiership club.

I got 7-1 odds on relegation. I'd get the bets on now before we are odds on favourite. Yes i am still very very angry with Saints

Selling players for good money and then offering peanuts for replacements. This happened before and we got relegated. The thought of having Ings and Sharp in the squad next year worries me massively.

If the board think that getting Jenkinson and Gnabry on loan is a good idea then the warning signs will be well and truly illuminated.

I'm shocked and disappointed that we've sold Chambers because I think he has a lot of potential.

However, in the interests of objectivity, I'd like to mention an important statistic - plus/minus rating. It's the difference between goals for and goals against while a player was on the pitch.

Last season I think Chambers was -8 and Clyne was +12.

Sure, it's not a "be all and end all" stat but it is quite insightful.

Probably not the time to apply a Hockey performance metric given the current scenario !

From reading your posts over the last 3 or 4 weeks, it would appear you're being used, which is a shame.

If you think that, then it's also worth considering whether the vitriol aimed at Lallana is fair or not. A lot of it came off the back of Guan's insider updates...

Full disclosure - I wasn't told about this. Whether that means it's a new development (unlikely) or something we were hoping to prevent, I am not sure.

Seriously wondering how we intend to keep Morgan now. Would have to capture all of our targets early next week!

Sorry to say this mate but it now seems as you are being used to play us!

Sorry to say this mate but it now seems as you are being used to play us!

and it's taken you all 2 months to work that out?

Free parking,Benali,MLT,FF's book, stripes....well yes I guess you were all just asking to be taken in.

Someone somewhere reads what you like and tells you what you want to hear. The voices in the wilderness are just decried and called idiots.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I did say all this would happen... But then again, what do I know eh

Pretty sure you said nothing of the sort. Sorry son, to get the credit you need to have had the balls to have actually stated what you knew. Which with an anonymous handle on a web forum doesn't really require any balls at all. Still beyond you though.

Been saying it since Cortese left, browse my posts since then. I do owe an explanatory post, i know that, but my previous posts over the last few months pretty much sum it up.

So now you have been proved right you'll explain what you knew?

So now you have been proved right you'll explain what you knew?

Perhaps he'll do that, I saw a rumour over on Saintslist of late which shocked me a bit, don't know if any of you others saw it and I'm certainly not going to repeat it here. Who knows it might be unbased but someone actually wrote it.

Perhaps he'll do that, I saw a rumour over on Saintslist of late which shocked me a bit, don't know if any of you others saw it and I'm certainly not going to repeat it here. Who knows it might be unbased but someone actually wrote it.

Ah ok I know something too but I'm not saying either !

Ah ok I know something too but I'm not saying either ! 

I'm kind of inciting you to read Saintslist. I didn't start the rumour, don't post there, just read the odd post from time to time. They don't like their material being put up on this forum. However it is not usually a place where wild fantasies abound, bit staid, so for someone to actually write what I saw sort of amazed me.

I'm kind of inciting you to read Saintslist. I didn't start the rumour, don't post there, just read the odd post from time to time. They don't like their material being put up on this forum. However it is not usually a place where wild fantasies abound, bit staid, so for someone to actually write what I saw sort of amazed me.

PM me a link if poss

cheers

I can't even find the website let alone the post, link please.

LOL. Basically Les Reed is a paedo, then. Or Cortese. Or both.

found it

allegedly the club are playing hard ball about bonuses owed to players and staff and lots of cut backs are taking place

who knows if it is true

found it

allegedly the club are playing hard ball about bonuses owed to players and staff and lots of cut backs are taking place

who knows if it is true

Come on Jamie, you know it didn't say that, unless of course you found the original post, couldn't be bothered to look for it myself.

found it

who knows if it is true

meh.

That's up there with the if only they'd returned his phone calls, Lallana would never have even wanted to join Liverpool type stuff.

Imo clyne much better RB than chambers. Don't get me wrong chambers is a talent but it was always going to come to a head. Both are too good to play second fiddle. Although can't see chambers playing anymore at arsenal. for me clyne's pace makes him my preferred choice. In isolation 12-16m for chambers is great business but it's the message this sends out that is the concern. Until we replace each departure with decent players it will look like we are asset stripping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was just Chambers leaving I could almost go with this! however its not is it!