Calum Chambers - Done Deal - Official

washsaint

I hope you're not suggesting what i think your suggesting.

Mods, just to be on the safe side, i think you should remove this persons post before it lands the club in hot water. In today's climate, any sort of silly comment, joke or not, about match fixing is unwise. Unfortunately, i suspect that Didcot Saint isn't joking

I think you are well missing the point of that post

I hope you're not suggesting what i think your suggesting.

Mods, just to be on the safe side, i think you should remove this persons post before it lands the club in hot water. In today's climate, any sort of silly comment, joke or not, about match fixing is unwise. Unfortunately, i suspect that Didcot Saint isn't joking

Think you're being a bit thick here. Didcot is implying that all that money in the bank counts for nothing if it is not used to buy players.

Think you're being a bit thick here. Didcot is implying that all that money in the bank counts for nothing if it is not used to buy players.

More specifically players that will enable us to amass 40 points in our soon to start 2014/15 PL campaign and thus avoid relegation to a lower level where money is less forthcoming.

This, Wenger has been speaking to him for at least 3 years according to one of his best mates. This was back in February and he was very clear Chambers wanted to go to Arsenal, even to sit on the bench ! His view was that he was behind Clyne anyway so might as well go sit on Arsenal's bench with the promise of first team fob all in 2 years.

That's an interesting point actually. I think we were all a bit surprised when he suddenly seemed to become first choice at RB ahead of Clyne...a last effort to keep him?

That's an interesting point actually. I think we were all a bit surprised when he suddenly seemed to become first choice at RB ahead of Clyne...a last effort to keep him?

Chambers was 1st choice because he's a better player and more composed than Clyne will ever be... wait a couple of years and Chambers will be in the England team in any of 3 positions... to sell him now is a big mistake.

Chambers was 1st choice because he's a better player and more composed than Clyne will ever be... wait a couple of years and Chambers will be in the England team in any of 3 positions... to sell him now is a big mistake.

To sell him for 12 million is an outrage when he will be worth miles more in a season or two.

Indeed especially since there is zero financial need and a million other reasons not to. Simple greed or weakness behind it, don't know which is worse.

Would love to ask those in charge why they felt they couldn't say no. Every time I remember reed saying 'probably not for sale' I feel more angry that the fans have been lied to.

To sell him for 12 million is an outrage when he will be worth miles more in a season or two.

It's certainly one of the oddest sales of the window so far, absolutely no need for any party to agree to it. It's not even big money, which is why the alarm bells are starting to ring now - we're even selling off the squad players! Chambers has his head screwed on, and I reckon he'd still prefer another season of regular PL football. He won't get that at Arsenal, I think we've simply just responded to the enquiry and gone from there.

It's certainly one of the oddest sales of the window so far, absolutely no need for any party to agree to it. It's not even big money, which is why the alarm bells are starting to ring now - we're even selling off the squad players! Chambers has his head screwed on, and I reckon he'd still prefer another season of regular PL football. He won't get that at Arsenal, I think we've simply just responded to the enquiry and gone from there.

My feelings exactly

Yeah but why? And why make this statements about wanting to keep our players and things? Was it just to sell as many season tickets as possible?

Yeah but why? And why make this statements about wanting to keep our players and things? Was it just to sell as many season tickets as possible?

I'm starting to think we've been duped, personally. Why have such an early cut off for season tickets for example? The board knew what was coming and what their plans were, and it certainly doesn't seem to be based around 'building on' anything we've had before - which they keep saying.

Still, we may get some good players over the line yet, but the worry for me is that we've lost that togetherness....the team bond...and that's worth more than any player individually, so even if we sign some good players, we're still miles behind what we had last year. Depressing.

An enquiry that's been hanging around for a very long time. Now I want to come back to a DD,sorry Batman, post of about a week ago. 5 live interview in which an agent said

(apparently) that he had a client who wanted out of Saints. Did we ever identify the agent and thus the player concerned..might even have been Chambers.

I'm starting to think we've been duped, personally. Why have such an early cut off for season tickets for example? The board knew what was coming and what their plans were, and it certainly doesn't seem to be based around 'building on' anything we've had before - which they keep saying.

Still, we may get some good players over the line yet, but the worry for me is that we've lost that togetherness....the team bond...and that's worth more than any player individually, so even if we sign some good players, we're still miles behind what we had last year. Depressing.

I was told we were looking for buyers when we got promoted to the prem. Is that still the plan? Or maybe we couldn't find a buyer so they are looking to get the money back in other ways and then selling for a reduced price? I totally agree with you by the way, it isn't just about the individual players, it's the team spirit which has been destroyed as much as anything.

An enquiry that's been hanging around for a very long time. Now I want to come back to a DD,sorry Batman, post of about a week ago. 5 live interview in which an agent said

(apparently) that he had a client who wanted out of Saints. Did we ever identify the agent and thus the player concerned..might even have been Chambers.

I could not remember the agents name and missed which company he represented and thus, was dismissed as a load of old pony

seems it wasnt

Because RK is our manager now and RK wants to do things HIS way.

Regardless of sales... for the moment... we must keep the faith.

I was told we were looking for buyers when we got promoted to the prem. Is that still the plan? Or maybe we couldn't find a buyer so they are looking to get the money back in other ways and then selling for a reduced price? I totally agree with you by the way, it isn't just about the individual players, it's the team spirit which has been destroyed as much as anything.

I think that's the plan, no matter what the waffle is. She's recouping her money firstly, getting the debt sorted (of which there is a fair bit) and then putting a debt free club on the market with little to no liabilities, very attractive. Let's hope it's still a PL club by the time she's finished, as it's a hell of a gamble to take.

Remember what time it was ? Sometimes they do podcasts of their talk shows. I've a week off, not much to do............

god knows if it was lunch or even, or even what day.

I usually have either talksport, LBC or 5live on (programme dependant) as TV is shyte

I think that's the plan, no matter what the waffle is. She's recouping her money firstly, getting the debt sorted (of which there is a fair bit) and then putting a debt free club on the market with little to no liabilities, very attractive. Let's hope it's still a PL club by the time she's finished, as it's a hell of a gamble to take.

Totally agree. This is where my money would be. As you say, let's hope we are still in the prem and that we get a new owner which isn't a total fool or one likely to make us do a pompey.

How do you know that Shaw, Chambers and any other star at a very young age, has only agreed to sign a pro contract if it includes a clause to leave after 12 months if certain financial conditions are met?

If it was the case then it could be we had no choice.

Just consider if Shaw had refused to sign a pro contract. We'd have got compensation but £2m not £27m

Totally agree. This is where my money would be. As you say, let's hope we are still in the prem and that we get a new owner which isn't a total fool or one likely to make us do a pompey.

its like the fella on the radio said earlier.

we have absolutely NO idea what her plans are. Apart from a few press releases that clearly mean nothing, a attending a few games with a smile

we have no idea what her strategy is

Like he said also, where we are come end of last season was almost nothing (if at all) to do with any strategy she implemented. everything was in place or (since she went more public) already in motion

I honestly think we/she/the club are rolling the dice. Sell everything with a high value and replacing them with the best possible players for the least amount of money. reckon we will spend about half of what we make from sales. That sounds a lot but when you take into account the new TV deal, that a huge amount NOT being made available

reckon she is getting the house in order to sell the club.

its like the fella on the radio said earlier.

we have absolutely NO idea what her plans are. Apart from a few press releases that clearly mean nothing, a attending a few games with a smile

we have no idea what her strategy is

Like he said also, where we are come end of last season was almost nothing (if at all) to do with any strategy she implemented. everything was in place or (since she went more public) already in motion

I honestly think we/she/the club are rolling the dice. Sell everything with a high value and replacing them with the best possible players for the least amount of money. reckon we will spend about half of what we make from sales. That sounds a lot but when you take into account the new TV deal, that a huge amount NOT being made available

reckon she is getting the house in order to sell the club.

You read my mind..... http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?51114-Just-a-theory&p=2003290#post2003290

;)

KL does not have a passion for the football club. Krueger, rather disastrously was brought in to "front" a passion and an impression of "everything is in control". That backfired, big time. Reed has a cushy number and won't rock the boat - he'll rather sit there and watch the dismantling, keep schtum and keep his job. They're all very much to blame.

Their communication skills (or lack of) is well documented and their is no ambition anymore with regards to the league. Their strategy is what you can see in front of you - sell anything that's not bolted down and replace with players who will hopefully step up under a headline name as manager.

Hat's off to Koeman if he keeps us up. Morgan up next.

At least we got our stripes back, eh?

And you know this how Crab Lungs?

How do you know they have no ambition - I can tell you now that Koeman would NOT sign for a club that had no ambitions. The guy is a legend and he would not come to a club that is looking to sell everything off.

How do you know they have no ambition - I can tell you now that Koeman would NOT sign for a club that had no ambitions. The guy is a legend and he would not come to a club that is looking to sell everything off.

Suits him, professionally and let's face it - this board have a pretty good record of bullsh1tting about ambition already.

KL does not have a passion for the football club. Krueger, rather disastrously was brought in to "front" a passion and an impression of "everything is in control". That backfired, big time. Reed has a cushy number and won't rock the boat - he'll rather sit there and watch the dismantling, keep schtum and keep his job. They're all very much to blame.

Their communication skills (or lack of) is well documented and their is no ambition anymore with regards to the league. Their strategy is what you can see in front of you - sell anything that's not bolted down and replace with players who will hopefully step up under a headline name as manager.

Hat's off to Koeman if he keeps us up. Morgan up next.

At least we got our stripes back, eh?

Wheres that explanatory, boat rocking post you've been talking about?

Edited by buctootim

The thing that I do find strange is that there has been **** all from the board recently. Its best to try and keep your customers happy and this just isn't happening. Personally I am a little ambivalent as if the board **** us over I am likely to wash my hands of the PL and footie, but I realise others feel differently.

As there has been no word, I can only think that the worst is happening but I guess all will be clear in a week or so.

Well, being such a bullsh1tter myself I'd doubt anyone will believe anything I've got to say anyway...

Ive got no idea if you were bull****ting or not, and nor will anybody else unless you say what you've been alluding to for weeks. If it was me Id say it and take the flak / kudos or shut up. I dont see the point of saying you have damaging information, taking the flak for that and then not delivering on what you promised.

He's a legend as a player... not as a manager. Otherwise he would not be at a 'provincial' club... as some on here believe we are.

So the board have been remarkedly planful with a situation which you keep claiming is as a result of Cortese over selling ambition at the club?

So the board have been remarkedly planful with a situation which you keep claiming is as a result of Cortese over selling ambition at the club?

He was still flashing around someone elses money, when it was never her intention to progress us any further. He shouldn't have claimed what he did to the players by using someone else's money. He wimped out of this, as he saw what was going to happen. He ends up looking like the messiah because of it. Clever.

He was still flashing around someone elses money, when it was never her intention to progress us any further. He shouldn't have claimed what he did to the players by using someone else's money. He wimped out of this, as he saw what was going to happen. He ends up looking like the messiah because of it. Clever.

us so willing to sell has nothing to do with promises that may or may not have been made

saying no to selling chambers wont harm anyone

saying no to rodriguez wont harm anyone

Ive got no idea if you were bull****ting or not, and nor will anybody else unless you say what you've been alluding to for weeks. If it was me Id say it and take the flak / kudos or shut up. I dont see the point of saying you have damaging information, taking the flak for that and then not delivering on what you promised.

March.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?49632-Financial-results-for-year-ending-30-June-2013&p=1910916#post1910916

I can understand the Lambert (even though we practically gave him away), Lallana, Shaw and Lovren sales but flogging Chambers makes no sense. We don't need the money, he's not in a position to force a move even if he wanted to.

It's almost like the big clubs have been told to help themselves to whoever they want because we need to raise some cash.

He left because Kat came in and wanted control, presumably so she can set about the plan you outlined above which I pretty much agree with. She could have got rid of Cortese or looked for more control at any time but didn't until January.

Cortese always seemed realistic about Saints stature and spoke about achieving things in different ways. He spent what was required to get us from L1 to the Prem and at no time did I ever think spending was grotesque or obscene. A lot of investment and work also went into infrastructure with an eye on the future as well. My guess is that he wanted to continue doing what was working well for the club but saw the writing on the wall as soon as Kat stepped into the board room. Who would want to stick around and watch years of work unravel around you?

5 words, anyone could have said that.

If you have something to share, share it. But if you don't want to share it, stop filling up threads with one sentence wind ups - as that's all they are, you're becoming a WUM.

We can all see what's going on, no one is happy, but the last thing we need is someone poking their head up and shouting ''TOLD YOU SO'' - when you never actually did.