Anfield Pubs?

St Louis

Sorry if already posted elsewhere, I did look but couldn't see it....

It's my first trip up to Anfield this weekend and I wondered if anyone could recommend the best pub/pubs for pre-match beers for away fans?

Most will head to the Arkles on Anfield Road, 2 minutes from the away entrance. Central Liverpool has loads of very good pubs. The area around Everton has a few pubs that will be quieter, but walking distance to the ground, got a Spoons if you arrive before 11.

One of the best pubs I've been to in Liverpool was the ship and mitre.

Ship and mitre for me if it opens early enough , been in there the past 2 games. pap, I've got the mrs and nipper with me this weekend and we're staying in Liverpool 1. Any decent tips for boozer or area that will let 15 year old in sat eve

Ship and mitre for me if it opens early enough , been in there the past 2 games. pap, I've got the mrs and nipper with me this weekend and we're staying in Liverpool 1. Any decent tips for boozer or area that will let 15 year old in sat eve

The area around Liverpool One has quite a few bars anyway, Lord D - it's family friendly with most of them also serving food.

I've also been hearing loads of good things about the Baltic Fleet.

http://www.balticfleetpubliverpool.com/

The area around Liverpool One has quite a few bars anyway, Lord D - it's family friendly with most of them also serving food.

I've also been hearing loads of good things about the Baltic Fleet.

http://www.balticfleetpubliverpool.com/

Cheers Pap. We normally stay with a mate in southport if Mrs Duck is with me, but he's on holiday. For some reason Mrs Duck doesn't like traipsing around real ale pubs, strange woman. Good news , checked the ship and mitre web google entry and looks like a 10am opening sun. Enough time for my prematch away ritual of 5 or 6 pints whilst mrs duck shops.

A good few years back now, but The Arkles wouldn't let me in with my 14 yr old son. Don't know if things have changed.

Asked a copper for directions to any pubs nearby with a beer garden so that we could sit outside, and he burst out laughing and replied

"You're obviously not from around here are yer lad. Take a look around, the houses don't have gardens, let alone the pubs"!!!

Ship and Mitre is class, quality selection of ales. Used to live the next road over from Dale St. (Victoria St.) so was in there quite a bit. Loads of quality bars in that area - Lady of Mann has a decent courtyard if the weather is good, and there is also Bier Keller if you like your Weissbier.

We tried to get into the official away supporters pub last year but after seeing the ques at the bar we decided to go elsewhere. Ended up in some back street boozer in Anfield, called the King Charles or something along them lines. Looks nothing from the outside and all Liverpool fans in there but they were a decent bunch, able to have a good chat a few of them and cheap booze to boot. Would definitely go back there this year rather than queuing for 20 minutes to get a drink in the over place.