Liverpool vs Saints - which ONE player did we miss the most

StratfordSaint

Not really fair on Lovren, or on Tadic because it was the quality of the flick that made the goal. Without criticising Yoshida, if Lovren had been in our team isn't it likely we would have won?

No, did Yoshida directly contribute to either of the goals, no? So there is no basis on which Lovren instead of Yoshida would have made any difference, unles you think he may have scored for us from a set piece. he may have done, but statistically how often does the same (defender) score in the same (away) fixture two seasons running. I'm sure MLG will be along to tell us the answer.

Not really fair on Lovren, or on Tadic because it was the quality of the flick that made the goal. Without criticising Yoshida, if Lovren had been in our team isn't it likely we would have won?

No, did Yoshida directly contribute to either of the goals, no? So there is no basis on which Lovren instead of Yoshida would have made any difference, unles you think he may have scored for us from a set piece. he may have done, but statistically how often does the same (defender) score in the same (away) fixture two seasons running. I'm sure MLG will be along to tell us the answer.

evidently, gives us percussion which we lacked on Sunday. Pelle is a big unit, he needs to get at defences and err actually win headers against blokes who are 6 inches shorter than he, can he actually jump ?

One of the standouts from his highlight video is he never really got much height on his jumps. We'll see though, I'm sure it can be taught as I doubt it is a physical limitation.

One of the standouts from his highlight video is he never really got much height on his jumps. We'll see though, I'm sure it can be taught as I doubt it is a physical limitation.

Peter Crouch syndrome.

Never needed to jump much when younger which meant it stifled his ability to do so when adult.