Very cheap Tablet

Batman

I fancy getting a new tablet.

I want a good one that will allow me to watch all the shyt I down load easily, watch Netflix and skygo.

I like the look of the iPad Air but the lack of sd card slot is a big turn off. It's cheap as chips to get a 64gb sd card and easy to whack loads of content on it

Liking the look of the smaller galaxt tab S. Even though I prefer iOS

I fancy getting a new tablet.

I want a good one that will allow me to watch all the shyt I down load easily, watch Netflix and skygo.

I like the look of the iPad Air but the lack of sd card slot is a big turn off. It's cheap as chips to get a 64gb sd card and easy to whack loads of content on it

Liking the look of the smaller galaxt tab S. Even though I prefer iOS

As a leftfield option they currently have Surface 2 tablets on offer in Curry's PC World. Got one for Mum (who just needs a reliable browser, facebook and the other toys) and it's fantastic, been playing with it for the last few days. It also has a MicroSD card slot. There is a netflix app in the windows store and Sky Go will work via the browser. Also has full MS office installed, tres handy.

Otherwise there tends to be great deals on the slightly older Samsung Galaxy tabs, which is what i'm sure you saw earlier.

The above poster is correct, if you want to whack content on a mini sd card, then plug & watch - you'll need a Windows 8 Tablet along with VLC for Windows 8. Just done this myself with a reconditioned Acer Iconia at £85. It took days to apply the updates but its now a really stable & slick little tablet/media player :)

I have some experience with cheapo Amazon tablets which may be helpful to the OP.

I bought a 9.7inch 'no-brand' for my wife which cost about £190 and had hundreds of brilliant reviews. However, it was a constant source of frustration. It had poor wifi reception from the start and I had to send it back twice for repair. It ended up going wrong beyond economical repair a few months after the 12month warranty expired - a frustrating waste of money. I replaced it with a Samsung Galaxy 2 from Tesco's outlet store on ebay.Although nowhere near top of the range, its a solid, reliable tablet for the stuff my wife wants it for (catch up TV, facebook, ebay etc).

I also bought a 9inch cheapy (£85) for my 7 yr old son for Xmas 2012. It's a bit slow when browsing the web, but for what he wants to do - play Minecraft, Angry Birds etc and watch stuff on Youtube - it fits the bill perfectly. Even if it goes belly up tomorrow, I will consider that I've had excellent value out of it as he's on it every day.

Finally, I bought a cheap 7inch for myself for about £65, again on the back of hundreds of great reviews. I had it for about a year and was delighted with it to be honest. However, I then upgraded to a Google Nexus (a refurb from ebay - cost about £100) and this opened my eyes to what a decent tablet is like - so much smoother and quicker, with massively better screen resolution.

My advice, for what it's worth, is to pay a bit more for a lower-end brand named tablet - there are ebay bargains to be had if you're careful who you buy from. Although they serve a purpose, you definitely get what you pay for with the cheapo models.

Went for a Galaxy Tab S (8.4 inch)

Obviously not in the cheapo bracket.

I really wanted the Ipad Air or Mini. But they are just a tad expensive and there is no SD card slot. which I really need for when I am on my travels and can load up films etc on it fairly easily

Looks good. I am not a huge lover of android but hey ho

We'll. will never get another Samsung / android device again.

Dunno if it is me but that is the 2nd time I have tried to move away from apple and the device I have got has broken/failed and had to take it back. I got an iPad mini 2 instead

We'll. will never get another Samsung / android device again.

Dunno if it is me but that is the 2nd time I have tried to move away from apple and the device I have got has broken/failed and had to take it back. I got an iPad mini 2 instead

Good choice.

Re your question, I have a Synology NAS, there are dedicated iOS & Android apps that allow you to play video & Audio files from this NAS over the internet.

This means that the internal storage capacity of the device becomes less of an issue (as long as you can access the internet).