A master class in distraction

qwertySFC

Surely old Ropes has pulled off a massive distraction technique here.

Do some thing really odd and outragous , all this has done is deflect the fact that we have a poor manager, 1 win at home , proven goal scorers out on loan and facing relegation, poor attendance figures and no investment

What is the thing that will hit the headlines , Rupes actions or the important stuff above, which has been deflected by Rupes.... I am sure this act of promoting his own letter has deflected the real issues facing the club.

Got to love his demonstration of the distraction technique

Do some thing really odd and outragous , all this has done is deflect the fact that we have a poor manager, 1 win at home , proven goal scorers out on loan and facing relegation, poor attendance figures and no investment

What is the thing that will hit the headlines , Rupes actions or the important stuff above, which has been deflected by Rupes.... I am sure this act of promoting his own letter has deflected the real issues facing the club.

He's obviously been reading up on Houdini,

Maybe, but I also think he's alienated a few who were still supportive of him and has also raised the anti of those who think he needs to step down.

If anything, I now predict an upping of vitriol, protests and other forms of attacks, none of which can be called unifying in any sense of the term (unless you consider unifying against him is positive news for the Club).

I liken it to when Bush won that tight vote in the USA in 2005 and Obama commented that rather than see such a tight victory as a call to humility, compromise and a need to reunite the country, it was instead seen as irrefutable mandate and the divisions became even deeper.

Maybe, but I also think he's alienated a few who were still supportive of him and has also raised the anti of those who think he needs to step down.

If anything, I now predict an upping of vitriol, protests and other forms of attacks, none of which can be called unifying in any sense of the term (unless you consider unifying against him is positive news for the Club).

I liken it to when Bush won that tight vote in the USA in 2005 and Obama commented that rather than see such a tight victory as a call to humility, compromise and a need to reunite the country, it was instead seen as irrefutable mandate and the divisions became even deeper.

agree with your 2nd paragraph, if we go behind against Reading it could turn nasty.

although many are on the point of just giving up , voting with their feet

If that was his aim then I think he's ****ed up big time, this sort of thing will do more than anything to focus attention on his faults.

Well I agree , the problem most attempts to distract from the truth fail , eventually we can all see that the Emperor is not wearing any clothes. It has shown that Lowe is trying to hold onto power at all costs , will use any tatic he can that promotes his own self importance. He is the Southampton version of WMD report in Iraq.....tried to fool us all but in the end looked a right tit.

Well I agree , the problem most attempts to distract from the truth fail , eventually we can all see that the Emperor is not wearing any clothes. It has shown that Lowe is trying to hold onto power at all costs , will use any tatic he can that promotes his own self importance. He is the Southampton version of WMD report in Iraq.....tried to fool us all but in the end looked a right tit.

Agreed, and following his disastrous attempt to chair yesterdays AGM, I think Lowe's stock is at an all time low.

A Chairman needs to be even handed, composed, have integrity, be honourable, welcoming of all opinions and above all, wherever possible a unifying figure.

This Club desperately needs a unifying figure and Lowe is the complete opposite!

No distraction just focused the media on the fact that he cant hold an AGM without serious protest.

The letter incident will haunt him for years

His wife & family must cringe at his behaviour.

Wait until the protests at the games wind up.

No "normal " person wants to be abused by several thousand people