Just Got Off The Blower With Big Ron

TijuanaTim

He was insistent I sent you all genuine 'Seasonal Greeting' from Chris and him in New Mexico. He has a bit of a cold, but is looking forward to Christmas in a lot more comfort than last year. So thanks to everyone that has wished him well or helped.

He is saddened by our current plight, however, he believes as long as we keep swinging the ball into the 'far-post' we'll knock a few in and be alright. Ron also reminded me that when we had the big win at OT we were on a really bad run...guess what, we've got Man U coming up again and luckily none of the big three stars are playing this time (Best, Charlton & Law).

He was insistent I sent you all genuine 'Seasonal Greeting' from Chris and him in New Mexico. He has a bit of a cold, but is looking forward to Christmas in a lot more comfort than last year. So thanks to everyone that has wished him well or helped.

He is saddened by our current plight, however, he believes as long as we keep swinging the ball into the 'far-post' we'll knock a few in and be alright. Ron also reminded me that when we had the big win at OT we were on a really bad run...guess what, we've got Man U coming up again and luckily none of the big three stars are playing this time (Best, Charlton & Law).

problem is we have a wessex league team now Tim.

big ron would not score many because we do not believe in crossing to create danger , but we can pass it along the back 4.

Happy Christmas, Ron. Even with your dodgy hips I'm sure you could still show the youth team how to score a goal or two. I suspect no-one will score 4 against Manure next week.

That is an incredible irony mate...that's what he used to do every summer in California, fly in and help Coach Britton teach the hot prospect kids how to execute the 'far-post' header.

Let's be fair, Ron had all three attributes to be the greatest ever headerererer, he got height, gave it power and had unreal accuracy. After his 43 goal season he was 'double-teamed', battered and fell victim to some really synical 'late 60's-early 70's defending FFS

... he believes as long as we keep swinging the ball into the 'far-post' we'll knock a few in and be alright.

Ron clearly hasn't seen our inability to hit a cross in past/over the first defender. Nor our inability to get someone who can head the ball and who is even able to get to the far post in anticipation of a cross coming in.

Ron and Chris our thoughts are with you both. Merry xmas and best wishes for 09.

Tim, our once great club will come back from the ashes. Except for a few, most supporters want the best for SFC and one day we will get back to football and rid our club of all these idiots.

Best wishes to you and your dearest.

Merry xmas to all my true fellow Saints fans

Edited by ottery st mary
spelling sorry teach