Jack Cork Finally Offered New Contract

Andy Durman

He has been a solid dependable workhorse for us.

An integral part of many of our fine performances - yes we have similar players and he is now seen TBH as 'back up' but we need back up of his quality especially if we are in europe next year ;)

I agree, but all he needs to do is ......sign the contract. If he wants away, better that we can plan for that eventuality now ....than in June.

I agree, but all he needs to do is ......sign the contract. If he wants away, better that we can plan for that eventuality now ....than in June.

Sorry, I don't buy this! The guy is doing what any one of us would do, weighing up his options. The club have messed Corky about with this contract offer so they can't have it both ways. I for one, think and hope he will sign but I wouldn't be that surprised if he turned around and said thanks but no thanks and tried his luck elsewhere.

Sorry, I don't buy this! The guy is doing what any one of us would do, weighing up his options. The club have messed Corky about with this contract offer so they can't have it both ways. I for one, think and hope he will sign but I wouldn't be that surprised if he turned around and said thanks but no thanks and tried his luck elsewhere.

Totally agree, this has been going on since around last June, ok I can understand that Ronald wanted a decent look at him but to leave it so long doesnt exactly give the guy an overwhelming desire to be loyal to Southampton I wouldnt think.

If he turns us down at this stage of our 'rise' he is either a clown or realises there are more ££££££ elsewhere, almost certainly that's what counts.

Or will have limited game time if we go to the next level as will need more / better players. Jack has always seemed like the type of player who just wants to play. He is a very good player but if we break into Europe / CL, we will need better players and his game time is most likely to be more limited.

I can understand him taking a bit of time.

yes I'm sure that RK wanted time to look at him, (but said in advance that he was going to get a contract offer in December) which I believe he did .

Every player has a price (to sell)...or so they say, but likewise we can't afford to pay everyone 40/50 K week. It's his choice whether he accepts, or not.

I can't believe that he's been playing FIFA 15 every weekend and hasn't given it thought and doesn't have some idea about what he wants to do in the future.

His agent has had mentions on this site, and it's his job to get the best deal for his client, and we are well used to agents playing both ends against the middle and " leaking stories " to the media etc, etc.

Several previous interviews I've seen suggest that a great many transfer deals are " set-up / agreed " sometimes months in advance, and so I can also see Koeman's point exactly.

Jack a grown man - if he doesn't know his own mind, let his girlfriend decide, but now is the time to put up or shut up. I hope he stays (I like him), but if not...let's know ASAP and he can plan a replacement.

I'm sure that Koeman is much more concerned about whether Schneiderlin and Clyne are still Saints' players - come August. Jack can be a part of the squad.... if he wants to.