Mane missing Southampton

doddisalegend

WHY DID WE STOP WASHING OUR OWN HOTEL BED LINEN FFS?

Hopefully we gave him some of our special linen to take in his suitcase and wrap himself in on the flight home to stop these bugs the other teams are complacent of not catching. Give us the edge.

Hopefully we gave him some of our special linen to take in his suitcase and wrap himself in on the flight home to stop these bugs the other teams are complacent of not catching. Give us the edge.

You can mock Whelk, but I don't see you complaining at our success at the moment, and that success is down to high end professional approach to the game.

PS. I made up the bit about not seeing you complaining about our success at the moment. I didn't bother to check that that was the case. Feel free to prove I'm wrong.

You can mock Whelk, but I don't see you complaining at our success at the moment, and that success is down to high end professional approach to the game.

PS. I made up the bit about not seeing you complaining about our success at the moment. I didn't bother to check that that was the case. Feel free to prove I'm wrong.

Hard wired to enjoy a relegation battle me - these last few years have been unbearable

I am mocking slightly and good to see attention to detail but like so many things many get carried away. I hate all the SSN stats as well. I'm just angry!

A massive part of our success over the last few years has been built on sports science and analysis. It's an important part of any elite and professional sport yet you say it's overated? Are you Harry Redknapp?

Semantics. It is possible to be both important and over-rated at the same time.

Semantics. It is possible to be both important and over-rated at the same time.

Personally I think if you replace "massive" with "small" then the quote would be spot on.

Sports science is primarily about gaining an edge over others through any number marginal gains, some tangible and others not so.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn Sir Les and Cortese learnt some things from Dave Brailsford, who leaves absolutely no stone unturned at Team Sky and GB.

People quick to use when fits the narrative. Lots made of the least amount of soft tissue injuries of any PL team last season. Don't hear too much about it this season when Toby and Wanyama's hamstring goes. We don't have magic solutions.

Anyway my point is players can fly and play a few days later. Even if 95% still won't necessarily stop a deft first touch, thronking volley etc.

People quick to use when fits the narrative. Lots made of the least amount of soft tissue injuries of any PL team last season. Don't hear too much about it this season when Toby and Wanyama's hamstring goes. We don't have magic solutions.

Anyway my point is players can fly and play a few days later. Even if 95% still won't necessarily stop a deft first touch, thronking volley etc.

Sports science is quite advanced these days. I don't know what Saints use but I've seen some of the methods used by AFL teams over here. Players have GPS and heartbeat sensors that give a clear picture of their condition. Every player has benchmarks so the medical team know when someone's condition drops. There isn't necessarily a correlation between fatigue and more injuries but fatigue is measurable by speed/recovery benchmarks.