Women's World Cup

Batman

Are you serious? It may have meant nothing to you but it clearly did to them. They had just clinched third place, way beyond anyone's expectations before the tournament, and beaten the number 1 team in the world for the first time in 21 attempts. I think that is worthy of "jumping around like loons"

The third place play off is a joke game. Its just a glorified friendly, no proper players give a toss about it.

The third place play off is a joke game. Its just a glorified friendly, no proper players give a toss about it.

And I suppose you know a lot about being a 'proper player' then? Why is everyone so determined to **** all over this success. It's great news for them, above all expectations and I hope it contributes to the continuing development of the women's game in this country.

And I suppose you know a lot about being a 'proper player' then? Why is everyone so determined to **** all over this success. It's great news for them, above all expectations and I hope it contributes to the continuing development of the women's game in this country.

" Everyone" , really?

Winning the Third place game in a WC is not success .

" Everyone" , really?

Winning the Third place game in a WC is not success .

Finishing in a better position than 21 other teams in the tournament sounds like success to me. Would certainly be successful for England men in a World Cup or Saints in any cup you care to name.

Or a GB Football team, Hockey team, Curling team or any other GB team or either stripe in either one of the Olympics.

They did great. Brilliantly. Get over it.

Edited by CB Fry

Finishing in a better position than 21 other teams in the tournament sounds like success to me. Would certainly be successful for England men in a World Cup or Saints in any cup you care to name.

Or a GB Football team, Hockey team, Curling team or any other GB team or either stripe in either one of the Olympics.

They did great. Brilliantly. Get over it.

Don't talk nonsense man . I made no distinction between chicks or men , 3rd place in a wc has no standing in football . If saints failed to get promotion from the championship , yet all jumped around , running on the pitch like demented half wits because they finished 7th and therefore were better than 15 other teams , it would be embarrassing . What about after losing to Everton in an FA cup semi , perhaps we should of had a game with the other losing semi finalist ( Plymouth wasn't it?) , we could then sing about our glorious 3rd place ,and maybe had a parade .

LVG who is the last manager to attain this wonderful 3rd place trophy called it " pointless" . He's right , you're wrong . There's no 3rd place in a football cup , it's a joke prize . And players that jump around as if they've won the World Cup are pathetic , regardless if they're birds or blokes

Don't talk nonsense man . I made no distinction between chicks or men , 3rd place in a wc has no standing in football . If saints failed to get promotion from the championship , yet all jumped around , running on the pitch like demented half wits because they finished 7th and therefore were better than 15 other teams , it would be embarrassing . What about after losing to Everton in an FA cup semi , perhaps we should of had a game with the other losing semi finalist ( Plymouth wasn't it?) , we could then sing about our glorious 3rd place ,and maybe had a parade .

LVG who is the last manager to attain this wonderful 3rd place trophy called it " pointless" . He's right , you're wrong . There's no 3rd place in a football cup , it's a joke prize . And players that jump around as if they've won the World Cup are pathetic , regardless if they're birds or blokes

Your "finishing seventh in the Championship" analogy will take some beating in the utterly ridiculous strawman stakes. Although your slightly demented ranting about fictional third place games in 1970s FA Cup rums it close.

Exceptional stuff.

Edited by CB Fry

Your "finishing seventh in the Championship" analogy will take some beating in the utterly ridiculous strawman stakes. Although your slightly demented ranting about fictional third place games in 1970s FA Cup rums it close.

Exceptional stuff.

Surely a saints fan would know which decade the Everton defeat was in .

LVG or Fry ? Bit of a no brainier

I love how you are trying to be all equal and fair, but then refer to 'birds' and 'chicks' - well done. *Women* and *men*.

Surely a saints fan would know which decade the Everton defeat was in .

LVG or Fry ? Bit of a no brainier

80s, whatever, I couldn't really follow what your pi ss weak analogy was so I thought you were talking about the semi before 1976 (I have no idea who played in the other semi) I was 5 to 7 ish when we had those two semis in the eighties, so not particularly strong memories anyway.

Did you not celebrate getting to those semis?