What's our current "style" of play ?

Convict Colony

Long ball made no sense. Doesn't play to our strengths at all.

Reminded me of England managers in a tournament. Abandon everything that got you there and try something stupid.

Long ball is bad enough when used properly, but isn't is supposed to be for when you can't take on the opposition at football? Yet we opted for it against the worst side we'll play all season. Idiotic and very worrying Koeman thought we played alright.

More often than not I disagree with your view, but I reckon you've finally cracked it lad.

I was worried when, pre-game, Koeman said we'd be more direct. When we actually went through with it, I was shocked. And all that against a sh*thouse side who (despite the long ball rubbish we employed) we still had over 60% possession against.

Poor. Koeman got it wring. The players were even worse, dreadful. Our midfield almost didn't exist.

I think I have finally worked it out.

After last nights attempt I think our team are aiming to start playing like this, hence caulker was practicing last night.

eoLTUW.gif

If that's the case sod Charlie Austin lets get in Charlie Adam, he's good at them and we aren't short of a few bob to fritter on a "special team" player.

........... Him, Romeu and Vic, that would be a nasty midfield! Players like Hazard would be doing their fancy dribbles back towards their own goal, and glass Jack would just pull up with a twinge in the warm up.......... Diego Costa would just say sod the wages I want to play with them 3 down the Saints................. Who put Whiskey in my kettle this morning ;-)

Our style this season has been appalling. So far, terrible tactics from Koeman and an absolutely awful style. The Europa game was the worst I have seen a Saints side play since Branfoots time: and just as ineffective. By worst, I mean the 'style' of play (if you can call it that).