Relegated Teams - Players who would you buy from their Squads?

le_tiss

Some players there that are decent, Norwich are a weird one, some talented players there, play some very good football but no real team or backbone there, maybe a confidence thing or something to do with the players.

But clearly some talented youngsters that have the right attributes for us, but as people say they are more likely to end up warming the bench for top 6 clubs. I mean both Norwich fullbacks you'd expect Liverpool to see them as potential back ups to Robertson and TAA, Spurs clearly need full backs as well, though Mourinho tends not to go for younger players, and Chelsea are looking at left backs so Lewis might be a cheaper option to Chilwell.

Price wise though the best ones might be out of our range unless they have relegation release clauses. 

Villa really Grealish and McGinn are the pick but Grealish is clearly going to like Man Utd or someone.

Fraser I think expects to go to a big 6 club and probably expects as a free agent well over £100k a week.  Also not really a position we need. 

Fabianski I think is one of the better keepers outside the top 6, he might be worth a shout. Felipe Anderson if you could get some consistency from him, half the time he doesn't look bothered but he's clearly talented. Expect someone like him to go back to Italy or Spain and do well. 

I think Josh King would suit our system pretty well, he's quick, big and strong, and a decent ball carrier, not the most prolific but might be a good foil to Ings.

Really we need defenders though, and to be honest most of those defences are pretty bad, might be some talented individuals in there but its a bit of a gamble. I mean like Godfrey, Aarons and Lewis all look like good youngsters, but this is their first season in the league and they are part of a defence that has conceded 56 goals and at times looks all over the place.

Is that what we need to upgrade our defence? Not sure. 

Brighton are the most solid team in the bottom half, with the least conceded, someone like Dunk to lead the back line would probably be a good idea but they are unlikely to go down IMO. 

Any of those centre-backs in there like Mings, Mepham, Ake, Diop, Godfrey could potentially be very good, you just don't really know how much they are impacted by the team's form and the people around them, or whether it's just they are not as good as people thought. But they are all centre-backs that have been highly rated at various points and are not that old. 

50 minutes ago, Saintletiss said:

I guess we all agree that we need leaders on the pitch - I know Mings may not be flavour of the month but would he fit the leader role? 

I think being seen as a leader should be drawn from your ability on the pitch, players look up to you and respect you. 

It's all well and good being able to shout and boss around like a 'leader', but if you're actually part of the problem then it's a bit of an empty role. Mings has been a huge part of their defensive ineptness this year.

Yes, we need leaders, but first and foremost they need to be very good in their position, then they'll get the respect from their team mates automatically - not just because they look good at bossing people around.