GAO meets Southampton fans....

saint lard

Mr GAO bought the club to raise the profile and attract more business in China and around the world.

The perception of saints overseas has dramatically decreased this season - this is actually monitored.

this is exactly what he's done, also don't people find it interesting that a person who can't move his companies money outside of the country it's based in, buys a company that has a world renowned brand for youth training in an area that the government of the country that's in control of the release of his funds has a stated aim of improving.

It's almost like having a Chinese "Saints" academy could curry favours with the government isn't it.

this is exactly what he's done, also don't people find it interesting that a person who can't move his companies money outside of the country it's based in, buys a company that has a world renowned brand for youth training in an area that the government of the country that's in control of the release of his funds has a stated aim of improving.

It's almost like having a Chinese "Saints" academy could curry favours with the government isn't it.

I take it that Limewood was cancelled when Theo announced he was off to Everton?

those will be the only fans left. I have spoken to 3 or 4 long term s/t holders and they are not renewing next season as they are so did-enchanted.The club can only so many times rip the heroes out of the squad and not replace them before fans will have had enough. We accepted VVD going but were confident with the sounds of the club that players were coming in.

The government didn't release his funds; he obtained offshore financing in HK instead, backed by some of his existing assets outside China.

Edited by shurlock

those will be the only fans left. I have spoken to 3 or 4 long term s/t holders and they are not renewing next season as they are so did-enchanted.The club can only so many times rip the heroes out of the squad and not replace them before fans will have had enough. We accepted VVD going but were confident with the sounds of the club that players were coming in.

I can sort of understand that - the last 2 seasons well after the cup final :-) its been a slog - we blew the Europa campaign again and this season has been probably the most frustrating I can remember. The thing is its so unnecessary too if we had some tactical nous - I apologise for my Black rants he can't have been that bad can he!

If we go down it will be a struggle but just maybe we can shed the deadwood and start again - what is it 42 points in 43 games or something even under Golden Balls Puel.

Get Erwin back as manager bring in Kluitenberg as coach and maybe we might recover next season.

I'll renew.....probably...health permitting

The government didn't release his funds; he obtained offshore financing in HK instead, backed by some of his existing assets outside China.

Yup that’s exactly the point I’m making. They haven’t yet released his funds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reached that stage after last season so did many that I know !