Episode 125 - The Final Countdown (post-Sheffield United) - Total Saints Podcast

TotalSaintsPod

3 years ago – complete with clunky opening soundtrack (and, arguably, two even clunkier sounding ‘podcasters’) – Total Saints Podcast was born.

125 episodes later, we’ve achieved 200,000 global listens and enjoyed many laughs, shared many frustrations and argued many disappointments. It’s been some journey!

Unfortunately, dear TSP listener, that journey is now at an end.

TSP125 - ‘The Final Countdown’ sees us together for one final ‘hurrah’ – reviewing Saints last game of 2019-20, the 3-1 win versus Sheffield United.

In this bumper final episode, some of our favourite partners and journalists also join in, sharing their opinions on Saints Player of the Season, Most Improved Player, their ‘one to watch’ in 2020-21 and ‘one wish’ for the next 12 months. Happy Hot Tubs, Saints Archive, SaintsWorld, Dan Sheldon, Andrew Pate, Joe Prince-Wright and Simon Peach all feature in that.

Finally, as the referee prepares to blow for full-time, an old TSP friend also pops in, for a ‘must attend’ chat….

If you'd like to listen to this episode then you can find it via any of the below links:

acast: https://bit.ly/32VJTvp

iTunes: https://apple.co/3jKmDqr

Overcast: https://bit.ly/39vAZGa

SoundCloud: https://bit.ly/2DcrmjW

Spotify: https://spoti.fi/32XtOWg

Lastly, I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone at SaintsWeb for listening to our Pod over the past few years,  to Steve for all his efforts, for all your feedback and comments and - most importantly - for being so supportive of us posting the Pod on your platform each week.

Keep Marching In!

Ben/Team TSP

Edited by TotalSaintsPod

Yet another great episode Ben, I had forlorn hopes that there would be a change of heart, sadly not.

You will be sorely missed.

One day you may reappear, or perhaps team up with another pod. 

You are a great presenter and kept things moving smoothly, very professional and a very enjoyable listen.

Thanks for everything and I wish you the best for the future

25 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Yet another great episode Ben, I had forlorn hopes that there would be a change of heart, sadly not.

You are a great presenter and kept things moving smoothly, very professional and a very enjoyable listen.

Hear hear - sums up my feelings exactly.

3 hours ago, OldNick said:

Thank you Nick. Really appreciate the kind words.

I'll miss it too. Nothing would have made me happier than to produce that/this sort of content on a full-time basis but, alas, that won't currently pay the mortgage! 😀

18 hours ago, TotalSaintsPod said:

Thank you Nick. Really appreciate the kind words.

I'll miss it too. Nothing would have made me happier than to produce that/this sort of content on a full-time basis but, alas, that won't currently pay the mortgage! 😀

I looked into becoming a patron but I wasn’t sure how it worked if there had been a subscription service it would have worked for me. I’m not too savvy how these things work but patron seemed a bit more complicated for me, but that was probably just me.

Anyway my hope that there would be a last minute reprieve has been quashed but perhaps if you miss it too much ..........     

• Like 1

Saint in Winchester is right.

https://www.patreon.com/m/5053004/membership

is the sign up page if you want to help TSP fund the costs of hiring a video editor so that the pod can continue next season.

I just did it and was very easy. If you enjoy the show and think it worth £2.50 an episode please spread the word by whatever means at your disposal to your Saints mates.

10 hours ago, the saint in winchester said:

Don't know if Ben is coming back on here to update us, but he issued a 125B update, saying they may be able to go on with the podcast, with payable support costs, meaning we could subscribe at £10 a month flat fee.

Hey guys, 

Sorry, actually away on holiday at the moment but, yes, after an overwhelming 7-10 days since we did TSP125 (with numerous messages of encouragement to carry on), as well as the support on here also, we’re indeed hoping to bring in some external assistance - which will enable a consistent/quality listen to still be delivered each week - as well as free up a bit of time (where needed).

Thanks to any/all of you who’ve signed up. Steve, myself etc. really appreciate it very much - and look forward to ‘keeping the show on the road’ during 2020-21.

B

On 04/08/2020 at 21:53, TotalSaintsPod said:

'Hey guys, 

Sorry, actually away on holiday at the moment'

I assume as now Im a patron I can ask for a full rundown on the costs of the holiday and check where the funds have come from lol.

Have a good time

• Haha 1

A worthy cause, but can someone tell me how much money they need to edit about 40 videos a year? 

I took a look at Patreon and they are up to 60+ supporters - meaning an annual budget of over £7,000.

Is any further support needed? How will excess funds be deployed?

Hi Bobby,

I tried to be as transparent as possible in the Patreon summary (given there is zero pressure on any one individual to sign up), but in summary:

* we’re looking to hire a professional producer (to edit/produce each Podcast, upload it etc.). We’ve someone who is interested, but they will command a big chunk of the cash (across the season).

* we’re looking to improve the equipment we use to record our Pod (so it’s a better overall listening experience). 

* there’s our annual Pod hosting costs (via SoundCloud).

* we’re hoping to host/create a website, which will have more information on it to support/compliment the Pod, general Saints news and other offerings.

* Given Covid (plus our Patrons commitment to us), we’re wanting to do more ‘live-streaming’ events with patrons only, across the season (which comes at a cost)

Plus Patreon take a % of each patronage (per month) and there is also various taxes deducted by them - so, as you can imagine, it all adds up.

Finally, there is no guarantee every Patron will stay (or be able to stay) with us for the full duration of the season. 

Ultimately, we’re in a good position right now and working hard to enable TSP to continue (as was asked/requested by so many people) - but with the original ‘retirement time parameters’ managed accordingly. 

Hope that helps,

Thanks

B