Premier League (financial) Losses

le_tiss

11 minutes ago, igsey said:

Everton must surely be in trouble with FFP?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/29/everton-lose-more-than-100m-for-third-successive-year-but-avoid-sanctions

"Everton’s losses over the last three years amount to £371.8m, with Premier League rules stating a club is in breach of financial regulations if they make an adjusted loss of more than £105m over a three-year period. In the last seven years the club have made a profit just once, in 2016-17.

Budget and transfer restrictions are the first sanctions which can be applied but the PA news agency understands there will be no penalties forthcoming due to the extenuating circumstances associated with Covid."

Nothing to do with overpsending on players during that period then....

On 30/03/2022 at 18:37, Singapore Saint said:

Well, where are we???

If you slow it down we make an appearance in 1996. Reminds me of an article in the Athletic recently which gave each clubs record premiership transfer adjusted for football revenue growth inflation. Ours was……. Neil Shipperley! 

Interesting that a few clubs don’t (or hardly) appear at all - Liverpool and Man Utd for example. I’m not sure it’s a list you want to be on. 

2 hours ago, Stud mark of doom said:

If you slow it down we make an appearance in 1996. Reminds me of an article in the Athletic recently which gave each clubs record premiership transfer adjusted for football revenue growth inflation. Ours was……. Neil Shipperley! 

Interesting that a few clubs don’t (or hardly) appear at all - Liverpool and Man Utd for example. I’m not sure it’s a list you want to be on. 

Seems strange that Liverpool don’t feature.  I seem to recall them being about £350m in debt when owned by those two rather dodgy American’s in about 2010, prior to their creditors taking them to court for a forced sale. Anybody else would have been in administration….!