Chris Cohen

leeham_69

This popped up in my news feed so I thought I’d share. To be honest I barely registered his presence at the club.

The article, in true NJ style, implies the fault lied exclusively with the recruitment and the players not having any PL experience and that all the coaches are actually brilliant. 

Never mind that the same players immediately improved after those coaches left despite being managed by a man with no senior managerial experience whatsoever!

gosh I’ve found myself much angrier at the end of this post than the start.

anyway. Enjoy 

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-favourite-chris-cohen-8272861?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

7 hours ago, leeham_69 said:

This popped up in my news feed so I thought I’d share. To be honest I barely registered his presence at the club.

The article, in true NJ style, implies the fault lied exclusively with the recruitment and the players not having any PL experience and that all the coaches are actually brilliant. 

Never mind that the same players immediately improved after those coaches left despite being managed by a man with no senior managerial experience whatsoever!

anyway. Enjoy 

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-favourite-chris-cohen-8272861?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Report is simply the opinion of Paul Hart, Skate. 

He was a great player whose career was stymied by terrible injuries at key moments - not quite good enough for West Ham in the Prem but outstanding at Yeovil in League One, so I guess he found his level with Forest in the Championship as he lacked a yard of pace to make it at a higher level. Met him a few times when he was in Somerset and he always seemed a really nice guy so I hope wherever he ends up it works out for him. Think he was just a victim of the Mad Nath 'era'....

On 24/03/2023 at 04:35, leeham_69 said:

anyway. Enjoy 

Jones and his assistants were terrible appointments and clearly didn’t have a clue. But they are correct that our recruitment of players lately has been poor to say the least. 

• Like 1

Our recruitment of players was terrible, as was our recruitment of the management team in November. That's the story, really. A lack of research everywhere.

Given all the dross Sports Republic have appointed, and I include the short stay of Joe Shields in that given the summer business, it's lucky Selles was above competent really. I guess if you throw enough mud, some of it sticks. Just have to hope Wilcox is more Selles than Shields in his role.

• Like 3