Away fans

JCBSaint

2 hours ago, 100%Red&White said:

I only mentioned the Police Box because that's where visiting fans already are, and they ain't moving them.

Safe-standing was mooted as being only in the Northam for both home and aways but if they did stick in the Chapel for home fans then the only realistic area they could provide rail seating for aways is in that corner so not to obstruct the view of those sitting down either side of them. But very unlikely.

Really, we are thinking of giving safe standing in the away end as well. FFs this club are full of buffoons. Giving the away even more help to increase their support. If it was me Id build a wall for them all to stand behind so they couldnt impact the game

6 hours ago, OldNick said:

Really, we are thinking of giving safe standing in the away end as well. FFs this club are full of buffoons. Giving the away even more help to increase their support. If it was me Id build a wall for them all to stand behind so they couldnt impact the game

Jesus wept, grow up. Everyone in the away end stands anyway, it'll make absolutely no difference.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I thought safe standing allocation was/is the same as seating?

Perhaps, , this I dont know. I just remember standing from years ago, but in the sanitised society we have now, I wouldn't be surprised.

38 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Perhaps, , this I dont know. I just remember standing from years ago, but in the sanitised society we have now, I wouldn't be surprised.

Yes there is no increase in capacity from safe standing because it is still actually a designated seat per person

1 hour ago, Kenilworthy said:

Yes there is no increase in capacity from safe standing because it is still actually a designated seat per person

Yep. Germany and some other countries have standing which is less restrictive than this. England is one standing space = one seated space and is mandated by Government.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/safe-standing-at-football-stadiums-to-be-rolled-out-next-season

Under licensed standing, fans are allowed to stand for matches in allocated spaces behind a barrier or a rail in areas of persistent standing. Each supporter has to occupy the same area they would take if they were sitting, with a traceable, numbered ticket.

Seats cannot be locked in the up or down position, so fans can can sit if they wish to, and the standing areas cannot affect the views of other fans. Other parts of the grounds remain all-seated and fans are expected to sit in these areas.