Who's for next Saints Manager

AndyD

JP is doing his best in the circumstances but there is no doubt in my mind that he is not managing the team and in anycase he should at least have 13 games to prove himself. Some of you were so quick to castigate NP and now you talk of giving JP years. It does not work like that as he is on limited time if results continue as they are. I like the guy and think its all behond his control but at least a few more games please.

If not Paul Tisdale.

If JP fails, it will be after 2 or 3 years. Why don't people understand long term?

Rupert rarely even sacked a manager. When he did it was when we were doing badly in the premiership. We are now in the CCC with no expectations of performance whatsoever, just trying to rescue the club financially. He won't change the management this season regardless.

As for the Shearer idea, why? If a new board with lots of money comes in they'd be foolish not to give this system time and money. I don't want us lumbered with another unsustainable structure to cripple us in the future. Nor do I want a manager using us a training ground for his Newcastle career.

in 2 or 3 years we could not even be a club anymore :(

Poortvliet has had his chance, time to move on. He was useless second half against Brum, no idea what was going on, on (and off!) the field. It all looks one dimensional, one size fits all football with nowhere to go when it doesn't work.

quite right , i got slated for calling them dutch jokers , but hes making a rod for his own back with stupid comments like we will play total football , then puts out a team at home without any strikers on the bench

If JP fails, it will be after 2 or 3 years. Why don't people understand long term?

Rupert rarely even sacked a manager. When he did it was when we were doing badly in the premiership. We are now in the CCC with no expectations of performance whatsoever, just trying to rescue the club financially. He won't change the management this season regardless.

As for the Shearer idea, why? If a new board with lots of money comes in they'd be foolish not to give this system time and money. I don't want us lumbered with another unsustainable structure to cripple us in the future. Nor do I want a manager using us a training ground for his Newcastle career.

I hope your right but I get the impression that Lowe can be quite ruthless

Poortvliet has had his chance, time to move on. He was useless second half against Brum, no idea what was going on, on (and off!) the field. It all looks one dimensional, one size fits all football with nowhere to go when it doesn't work.

Stupidest post ever, we've played 2 competitive matches, which we were unlucky to lose, and where we put in a good performance against potential league winners, and now you're saying it's time for him to move on? Good manager's have to be in charge for a while to become good, such as Ferguson...

Stupidest post ever, we've played 2 competitive matches, which we were unlucky to lose, and where we put in a good performance against potential league winners, and now you're saying it's time for him to move on? Good manager's have to be in charge for a while to become good, such as Ferguson...

Bring back Lawrie

can't imagine we would have done much better with players and situation with another manager at the moment, more than happy to give JP decent chance.

50 mins against Birmingham showed potential and more drive than other managers have generally got from "better" players over the last few years.

Well I hope some of these replies and even thoughts are all for a laugh....

I cant see Mr Lowe changing the gaffer thiis season at all. For one wee'd have to pay him out again and he has already cost us once.

Sounds like the team are enjoying playing again... lets at least see what this season holds