Wimbledon 2015

Batman

Don't normally watch tennis but was drawn to watch by my lads constant shouting . The English chick played so well , but Williams is something else . 3-0 and serving was a big moment as was when she was 40-love up and lost the game .

I would watch it a lot more if it wasn't for the plums in the crowd . Wimbledon has to be the most annoying crowd in the history of sport .

Don't normally watch tennis but was drawn to watch by my lads constant shouting . The English chick played so well , but Williams is something else . 3-0 and serving was a big moment as was when she was 40-love up and lost the game .

I would watch it a lot more if it wasn't for the plums in the crowd . Wimbledon has to be the most annoying crowd in the history of sport .

Not a single mention of the match on Twitter whatsoever. Not one tweet.

Once again a Brit is a plucky loser, just as the football the other night. We still seem to lack the killer instinct. Williams seemed beaten but she managed to find another gear at the right moment to do the business. You can coach all day long but I wonder, if the person isn't hard wired in that way, can you coach a "winner" or is it just something that is inborn?

Once again a Brit is a plucky loser, just as the football the other night. We still seem to lack the killer instinct. Williams seemed beaten but she managed to find another gear at the right moment to do the business. You can coach all day long but I wonder, if the person isn't hard wired in that way, can you coach a "winner" or is it just something that is inborn?

I agree. lots of how amazing watson was. She blew it. Her serve disappeared when she had williams on the ropes....3-0 in the deciding set, she should have won

Williams looked quite emotional and drained at the end. I really think she's had far too many easy matches recently and genuinely pushed to her limits there. Top win though, and I suppose that's why she's a champion because she nearly always finds the next gear. Venus vs. Serena match up in the next round will be interesting as Venus is on great form at the moment, and will know Serena's game inside out.

I agree. lots of how amazing watson was. She blew it. Her serve disappeared when she had williams on the ropes....3-0 in the deciding set, she should have won

She should have perhaps, but that's why Williams wins so much. She is never down and never out. The whole 'plucky loser' line is predictable as it is boring. Give her a chance, and she will develop over the next few years into a top 20 player I reckon and there is no shame in being a solid professional.

When is he due to get old and rubbish? I thought that was supposed to be 2 years ago. Was expecting to still be watching that match at 8 o'clock tonight. Gah.

He definitely needed to win it in 3 to stand a chance against Djokovic who has a similarly tiring game to Murray - so it's very good for him he came through in 3 sets. Allows him to be fresh. Needs to serve the ridiculous way he did today against Djokovic as well.