Bilbao Friendly

The Cat

You never know who you might see in these games. Didn't we play Ajax one year against a certain Luis Suarez - and I certainly remember playing Real Sociedad a few seasons back and seeing Antoine Griezman. He ran the show and now would be a 50-60 million pound player.

Despite my normal lack of enthusiasm for friendlies I will probably end up going. We'll probably do some pre-match on pitch thing for Fonte and Cedric, plus I'll be interested to see the way Puel sets the team up. A good chance for those who can't afford League games to take in a match, the megastore will no doubt do a roaring trade that day.

Why not a 7pm ko not 3 on what will/should be a hot day? Madness...

Well considering we'll play at 3pm the following Saturday we might as well get used to it, plus you might have noticed that the English summer is currently on and I doubt the heatwave will last that long.

Should be an interesting tactical match against a very good Bilbao side.I'd welcome a trip there in the Europa league, a city we have a long standing trade relationship with, they got their kit from Saints and gave Matt Le Tissier an award a year or so ago. There were also a number of young refugees that came from Bilbao to Southampton during the Spanish civil war.