Burley to take Crystal Palace job

Saints67

To be fair, I thought Burley did alright for us - certainly not as bad as some people say he did. Granted, some of his signings were **** poor but his teams played some good stuff. Crystal Palace will do just fine next season.

Without ranting CL, Burley did start off ok with us, but to be honest the last couple of seasons were embarrassing. Too many excuses, never seemed concerned that we were 'aiming only for the playoffs' - the guy smacked of under-ambition, which translated to the players.

Bought a shedload of crap for us as well.

Not to mention dropping Rasiak when he was on fire, unforgivable.

Without ranting CL, Burley did start off ok with us, but to be honest the last couple of seasons were embarrassing. Too many excuses, never seemed concerned that we were 'aiming only for the playoffs' - the guy smacked of under-ambition, which translated to the players.

Bought a shedload of crap for us as well.

Not to mention dropping Rasiak when he was on fire, unforgivable.

That's fair enough and yes, for me, there were some bizarre decisions and signings.

However, I couldn't really complain with the way the team played when he took over and the following season in the playoffs. He's not got a terrible record at management so he cannot be as bad as some people say. On here, you'd think he was the worse than a Stuart Gray/Steve Wigley combo.. :o

Depends if his heart is in the job, IMO. First full season I quite enjoyed watching "his" team at times, the playoff push was mixes of joy and sincere frustration but we did look a good team on quite a few occasions (though other times we looked pretty shocking).

Final season he looked like he couldn't care less and neither did his players. If Palace get "that" Burley, they're doomed.

Depends if his heart is in the job, IMO. First full season I quite enjoyed watching "his" team at times, the playoff push was mixes of joy and sincere frustration but we did look a good team on quite a few occasions (though other times we looked pretty shocking).

Final season he looked like he couldn't care less and neither did his players. If Palace get "that" Burley, they're doomed.

Badger won't be happy

To be fair, I thought Burley did alright for us - certainly not as bad as some people say he did. Granted, some of his signings were **** poor but his teams played some good stuff. Crystal Palace will do just fine next season.

You tell em crabby, Appointing Burley was a master stoke, Had you playing his stile of football (haven't got a fookin clue) in no time. Bit like hart did for us. Oh and he manèged to pizz 7mill up the china lady on dross, and you still didn't get to the promised land,

Yep when you look at it a sh*t hot job,

Yes. And I worked you out.

All of the Palace fans I know seem genuinely happy that Burley has been appointed. They say that, after having to put up with the general malaise of Warnock's persona and more importantly his appalingly basic football tactics, anything that Burley will bring to the table is a breath of fresh air. I actually think that if he is halfway interested in the job he'll do a decent job for them. Assuming he doesn't have to sell of the best players of course.