FM2011 - New Videos and Social Network features

Matthew Le God

New match engine videos

(all still work in progress)

New for FM11 "TV Match view"...

[video=youtube;fi3B-rIqY6k]

Other match views...

Social Network Features

1) The Football Manager series will introduce the ability to upload videos from the hugely improved Match Engine directly to a YouTube account.

2) Via Twitter, managers can set manual or automatic updates of achievements to their Twitter account.

Edited by Matthew Le God

It gives a more zoomed in camera view similar to that of what you would see for a TV game, which wasn't possible before due to licensing issues.

Fair enough - can't say it looks much different to FM10, really, but until I've got one alongside the other I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Not convinced the social networking stuff will take off, really, but I suppose with the current craze for Twitter and other SM tools, they've got to try and shoehorn it in somehow.

It does take you quite a bit closer to the action than FM10. Any closer and the lack of graphics would give it away, as the players are no where near as detailed as they are on FIFA or PES. FM still has a long way to go animations and modal wise but is improving significantly each edition, it will never be as good graphically as FIFA or PES of course, but I'd say the underlying engine is a better representation of a real football match.

Although purely cosmetic I think the buildings surrounding the stadium are a nice touch which gives the game more atmosphere than just a green field as it had previously.

I doubt I'll use the twitter or youtube feature much, but I'd imagine lots will find it fun. The twitter one may become a tad excessive if you see it in loads of feeds and will get boring. The youtube feature will make it easier to report on career games you have and should prove popular I think.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I don't think you can describe a completely new version (SWOS 95/6) as a "patch"... and anything else after the Amiga version basically doesn't count.

Have to say I liked Sensi a lot, but mostly for the squads and kit colour changes and management mode on SWOS, the game itself was never all that great, and even worse on consoles with the rubbish controllers.

Oh, and nothing will beat the graphics and goal sims on Speccy Football Manager. Stick men and weird rebound sound effects ahoy. Still brilliant though, and much more fun than the vastly superior C64 graphics. :D

And if I want to play SWOS I'll play it on Xbox Live Arcade - it's even got game saves.

Edited by The9

I don't think you can describe a completely new version (SWOS 95/6) as a "patch"... and anything else after the Amiga version basically doesn't count.

I didn't...

They released a free patch to fix bugs for the original SWOS game(released in 1994) in April 1995. This is separate from SWOS 95/96 which came later in 1995

The demo is out on Thursday (strawberry version* via steam) and Friday (strawberry* & vanilla version** via torrent or direct download)

* stawberry version is a bigger file but come with all the nice extra's like player photo, club badges, team kits etc etc

** vanilla version doesn't have any of the licensed graphics.

Edited by Matthew Le God