travel to america

Thedelldays

Washington is good if you like museums, and of course lots of military stuff around there which you might be interested in.

Boston is a really nice city as well.

Another option would be hop over to Canada and go to Toronto, which I loved. It's near Niagara Falls as well which is a must-see.

New York, drive up through NY state to Buffalo and Niagara, then up the Queen Elizabeth Way to Toronto.

I did this a few years ago but using Amtrak. The NY to Niagra's a pretty long stint (about 9 hours) but well worth the trip. We then went on to Toronto, Montreal and back to Boston (another long trip - about 20 hours). Spent about a week on it tho.

Was surprisingly cheap - about $200 for a 2 week Amtrak pass. May be more now.

I would reccomend Chicago, beautiful city went there is September last year, if u do PM me IM me and I'll tell u some spots to go.

However if ur at New York u could hit that then chill in Florida for a few days weather would be awesome. Rent a beach hut in Tampa Bay - would kick ass!!

If your on a budget the 64th Street YMCA is absolutely brilliant! I stayed 14 nights here and never ran out of things to do, there really is no place like NYC!

http://www.ymcanyc.org/index.php?id=708

Why not hire a car and do a loop around? Say NYC, Atlantic City, Washington and Philadelphia before driving back to NY. I did that and it was brilliant I stayed at Super8's:

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/home

and Motel 6's motels:

http://www.motel6.com/

, cheap as chips and can sleep upto 4 to a room. You might not be on a budget if so ignore all i've said, I love going to the states and my favourite thing to do is fly-drive!

a few of us at work are thinking about going to the states in the summer..

what we want to do is something like 4 days in new york and 4 days in another city...

does anyone know of any website that cater for such trips...

There's a few packages that have 3 or four days in NY and the same again in Vegas or Hawaii. If you haven't been to Toronto, then its definatley worth a shout.

I'm fairly sure I've stayed there as well!

Fantastic isn't it Deano! Spartan though it is, accomodation in New York is spectacularly expensive so if/when I go again i'll never book anywhere else, unless I come into some money from somewhere! (Fat chance) :)

Am going to New York in June, hotels are SO expensive! Have somewhere booked up already, but is that place above shared bathrooms? Because the GF won't have it!

Yes, shared bathrooms. My missus was dead against it, but she wanted to go for 2 weeks and it was the only way we could afford a long stay. However she said she quickly got used to it and was chatting away to all the yanks staying there, I think she quite enjoyed it in the end, despite her reservations.

Spent 5 days in the Florida Keys last summer - found a fantastic place in Key Largo that gave sailing lessons and was like self catering huts and a supermarket nearby for steaks & beer & stuff, loved it

The drive from LA to San Francisco is priceless, stop along the way overnight and go out whale watching in Monteray Bay

Did it all independently much better places to stay (all american B&B and lodge type places) and cheaper than a package if you use the internet well for best flight deals etc.