Thread: David Bellamy RIP

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Default David Bellamy RIP

Sad news of his passing today aged 86. Wonderful tv character but havenít seen anything of him for years. RIP

I donít normally comment on such threads but gutted about this. Loved watching him on telly when I was a kid

RIP indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Sad news of his passing today aged 86. Wonderful tv character but haven’t seen anything of him for years. RIP
    Funnily enough I googled him about a week ago to see what he's up to. Seems he became a bit of a pariah and a hard core Brexiter.
    Still, fond memories of him on TV and also when he came to give a lecture back when I was a student.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Funnily enough I googled him about a week ago to see what he's up to. Seems he became a bit of a pariah and a hard core Brexiter.
    Still, fond memories of him on TV and also when he came to give a lecture back when I was a student.
    are you no longer a student Jonny?

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Apparently he was also not convinced by man made climate change. Another downside is he gave Lenny Henry a career on Tiswas. Still, a very interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    are you no longer a student Jonny?
    According to some on here with no concept of time and how anonymous internet profiles work I've been a teenage student continuously since the mid-nineties.

And Just like that, he was gone....

Sad day