Carlisle on the train

I can still see it. Are you searching for Soton to Carlisle? You need to book the two 'legs' seperately. i.e. Book Soton to London, and then London Euston to Carlisle.

Don't panic, picked it up after just searching for that part. Flights are no-go, nearly £100 a pop now, and why bother driving when it'll take about the same time as the train, and cost about the same.

This is gonna be carnage. I like it. I like it a lot.:D

I have booked four places on the train at £28 each return from Euston by booking two single journeys which work out cheaper, just hope they dont now chanage the date of the match and getting the 1752 train from Carlisle back to Euston so no overnighter.

That's exactly what I've got, £28 return for the London to Carlisle leg, and then £20.35 return for So'ton to London, all on Network Railcard.

Suppose I'd better go renew mine now!

3 of us going up, could always sort something out of the station between us all!

Sounds like a plan. I'm about to book them now. Thinking if I book the 4 for 2, and you book the single one, and we'll split it 5 ways? How much is that gonna be? You then send me the payment I need, I'm gonna get them in the post so as soon as I've got them I'll send the two over to you? How's that sound?

Edited by Michelle

2 of us going from Southampton and meeting a few more at Euston, if anyone is looking to get 4 for 2 to London.

Let me know, cheers.

Defo a bump here lads, more than happy as long as you are on the same train back as we will meet you back at euston and then head back to Waterloo get 4 tins for way back

:cool:

Southampton Central or Parkway

Not overally bothered.

Defo a bump here lads, more than happy as long as you are on the same train back as we will meet you back at euston and then head back to Waterloo get 4 tins for way back

Southampton Central or Parkway

Not overally bothered.

+1.

6am train to Waterloo for me + 2 others, already got Euston to Carlisle tickets but more than happy to do a group save with you guys from Southampton to Waterloo on the day!

By the way, I hope everyone books their train tickets via the train company itself (you can book London to Carlisle via SW Trains as well!), rather than using thetrainline.com or raileasy.co.uk ??

Absolutely no booking or postage fees if you go with train company direct.

+1.

6am train to Waterloo for me + 2 others, already got Euston to Carlisle tickets but more than happy to do a group save with you guys from Southampton to Waterloo on the day!

You getting train from central mate? suits us, meet you at central at about 5.45

By the way, I hope everyone books their train tickets via the train company itself (you can book London to Carlisle via SW Trains as well!), rather than using thetrainline.com or raileasy.co.uk ??

Absolutely no booking or postage fees if you go with train company direct.

I booked online and it cost me £1.00 postage for the tickets. See now that the £14 each way offer has gone and its now up to £19 each way if anyone else is thinking of going.

So how many are there getting the 6am train from Soton Central to Waterloo & buying their tickets on the day there?. I'm 1 + 2, ianthesaint & dan also appear to have a couple, hopefully we can club enough together to do 2 or 3 lots of 2 for 4 deals.

As ianthesaint posts above, meet at Central about 5.45 and we can go from there!

Five of us so will need 3 more to get the 4 for 2 to Euston.

Well there's me + 2 so thats 8.

ianthesaint + ? & dan + 1.

I've just had a look on national rail, 4 of us going all with a railcard each brings it out at £17.20 each including our tube ticket.

PS

If you guys are happy to do this, then we could also all do it for Charlton & the other London away days we have this season.

Edited by saints_is_the_south

Got my train tickets today in the post. This is probably a stupid question, but i've got 4 little cards, 2 of them say London Euston to Carlisle & Carlisle to London Euston on, the other says Carlisle to & from London Terminals. Does that mean they can be used as a ticket to get back to Waterloo?

No.

You'll need a separate underground ticket.

Tickets always say London Terminals.

The one that specifically says London Euston is your seat reservation details, not your actual ticket for travel, but you do have to keep them both together.

Even my Southampton to London says London Terminals, and that's all I've ever had when travelling to London, never actually ever had one that's been specific to Waterloo.

Well there's me + 2 so thats 8.

ianthesaint + ? & dan + 1.

I've just had a look on national rail, 4 of us going all with a railcard each brings it out at £17.20 each including our tube ticket.

PS

If you guys are happy to do this, then we could also all do it for Charlton & the other London away days we have this season.

Me and Iainthesaint are travelling with each other. Just the 2 of us, and meeting others at Euston. ;)

• 2 weeks later...