Carlisle on the train

Hi Colin

Me and my mate (38ys & 42yrs) are deffinatlely going to the game and have been tossing around the best way of getting there for a while now.

If you are still with empty vehicle then i would be very interested in getting a lift with you (we will obviouasly pay for your fuel etc) please could you give me a bell on 07967589371 to discuss?

We will be travell;ing from Southampton so if you are still going i guess i would be asking for you to pick us up from Coventry train station and then going from there, so i would need to know what time you would need us to be at Coventry station by in time to get to a boozer for a leomonade before the game :o)

Up The Saints!

Regards

Steve

Sent you a PM mate. Will txt later.

Just spoke to the TO and the bird on the phone said there's hundreds of tickets left

If that is hundreds left from an initial 1000 then it is quite poor i think considering this is a new ground for most people.

Plymouth took 2500 to Newcastle on saturday which is a longer journey.

make a note as well, take some domestos wipes for the seats, the skates are going to be in the away end on Tuesday night in the Carling Cup, wonder how many they will take up there

If that is hundreds left from an initial 1000 then it is quite poor i think considering this is a new ground for most people.

Plymouth took 2500 to Newcastle on saturday which is a longer journey.

make a note as well, take some domestos wipes for the seats, the skates are going to be in the away end on Tuesday night in the Carling Cup, wonder how many they will take up there

I'd be impressed if they took more than 200. They are only a small club after all.

Just read in last Saturday's program this:

"BY TRAIN:

A nightmare! Expect a five and a half hour journey with three changes when leaving from Southampton Central....... National Rail informs us that there will be engineering work on the London Underground on the 26th.... This is the type of game the travel club is designed for!"

"BY TRAIN:

A nightmare! Expect a five and a half hour journey with three changes when leaving from Southampton Central....... National Rail informs us that there will be engineering work on the London Underground on the 26th.... This is the type of game the travel club is designed for!"

Absolute rubbish! They couldn't have given worse advice if they'd tried....

"BY TRAIN:

Total toss. We're leaving So'ton at 6:30, arriving in Carlisle at 11:45ish, and the only change is getting from Waterloo to Euston. Actual train travel time is about 5 hours. Not heard about engineering works either, and hubby is in the rail industry and gets the updates about London Underground too.

Total toss. We're leaving So'ton at 6:30, arriving in Carlisle at 11:45ish, and the only change is getting from Waterloo to Euston. Actual train travel time is about 5 hours. Not heard about engineering works either, and hubby is in the rail industry and gets the updates about London Underground too.

I think the victoria line has had engineering works for some time now.

However we can get round it easily enough. The route escapes my brain right now but it's not long at all

There are engineering works in London at weekend which will affect the few of us that are getting the greyhound coach up to Victoria but all we need to do is get the District or Circle along to Embankment & then the Northern up to Euston. Those getting into Waterloo won't be affected atall. So teh programme is indeed talking nonsense

Any idea where the best place to go for a beer will be?

If you are taking the train, when you come out of the station, dont take the right, as its full of chavs, best bet is to go left, the Beehive just outside the ground on Warwick road is the best place to go, and friendly too, as home and away fans happily drink together there.

If you are taking the train, when you come out of the station, dont take the right, as its full of chavs, best bet is to go left, the Beehive just outside the ground on Warwick road is the best place to go, and friendly too, as home and away fans happily drink together there.

Is the main town centre far from station?

Is the main town centre far from station?

The train station is right in the centre of town, just turn left and you are straight in the town centre, the ground itself is about a 10-15 minute walk away, all you literally do to get to the ground is come off the train, go straight ahead, follow Warwick Road all the way to the ground

Each to their own. Give me a cheap pint of ruborg and a nice meal on the cheap any time over a dump, filled 20 deep at the bar like the Merlin was in Swindon everyday of the week thanks!

+1. Couldn't give an ar*e what anybody else thinks of a wetherspoons, there cheap, the beer & food aint too bad & i very seldom find myself qued for 20 minutes to get a beer.

I didn't go in the Merlin this season but have been in there before and from memory, it was just a bog standard Greene King chain pub.

T'was heaving when we were there this season, easily 25 mins wait for a beer if not longer. The spoons in the town centre on the other hand was quiet, decent beer at cheap prices & it also happened to be steak night which was taken full advantage of.

it was confirmed yesterday Saints Fans can pay on the day.

Anyone with any decent saints flags should take them to hang on the terrace behind the goal. watching highlights every away team that plays there seems to have them

I am reliable informed to drink in the Griffin outside the station, and then head down to Carlisle Rugby Club which has an excellent bar and welcomes football fans.

Yep I heard the Rugby Club too.

Will be driving up, so will go straight there.

Has anyone got the address for the Rugby Club, to save searching again on google?

Right

Thats it i am just about sorted out for Carlisle Away 09. I CANT WAIT pmsl. Got train tickets me and my mate leaving Bitterne at 6.06am getting in at Carlisle 11.49am. Have bag packed with several bottle of Henry Westons (special reserve), Pot, Reading material, Hammer & Wallet. Not Been This Excited about an Away Game Since Derby in the play offs

COYR!

Hoist up the john B sail

See how the main sail sets

Call the captain ashore

Let me go home

I want to go home

I want to go home

This is the worst trip ive ever been on

der der da der der da der der!

Yep I heard the Rugby Club too.

Will be driving up, so will go straight there.

Has anyone got the address for the Rugby Club, to save searching again on google?

Carlisle RFC

Warwick Road

Carlisle

Cumbria

CA1 1LW

Easy to find, close to the motorway network.

From the east, north and south, approach Carlisle on the M6 to junction 43 (with the A69). Exit onto the A69 and travel into the city on that road. Go to the third set of traffic lights where you will see the Carlisle Utd AFC stadium on your right hand side. Straight ahead at the lights and Carlisle RFC is about 200 yards on the right (before the fourth set of traffic lights).

By Train. For those travelling to the city by train, alight at the Citadel Station. Leave the station forecourt using the right hand pavement to the pedestrian crossing lights. Cross into The Crescent and keep to the right hand pavement. Walk to the traffic lights and turn right into Warwick Road. Walk for 15 minutes to the third set of traffic lights. Carlisle RFC is straight ahead, 100 yards on the left.

Right

Thats it i am just about sorted out for Carlisle Away 09. I CANT WAIT pmsl. Got train tickets me and my mate leaving Bitterne at 6.06am getting in at Carlisle 11.49am. Have bag packed with several bottle of Henry Westons (special reserve), Pot, Reading material, Hammer & Wallet. Not Been This Excited about an Away Game Since Derby in the play offs

COYR!

Hoist up the john B sail

See how the main sail sets

Call the captain ashore

Let me go home

I want to go home

I want to go home

This is the worst trip ive ever been on

der der da der der da der der!

I'm well ****ed off as i've got to go to a family wedding, hopefully will be the only game I miss this season (already got Hotel and flight booked up for Hartlepool)

Hope everyone who goes has a good time, one bounus for me is a least I've been there twice previously including 6-0 win 1977/78.