Oceana - Southampton

Thedelldays

I have been a couple of times now. Its essentially Ikon and Diva! My Mrs went last night and said it was sheet. Packed, people bumping into each other, drinks being spilt left right and centre. Its a Rohypnol raiders dream. No drinks on the dance floor so you have to leave them on the sides unwatched! £7.50 to get in on a Sat, drinks not cheap either.

I seriously don't understand why someone wants to pay £7.50 to get in and top dollar for drinks in a club that is full of morons. I'd far rather a nice little alternative club, £2 to get in, a cool atmosphere with decent music.

I seriously don't understand why someone wants to pay £7.50 to get in and top dollar for drinks in a club that is full of morons. I'd far rather a nice little alternative club, £2 to get in, a cool atmosphere with decent music.

where is this alternative club then?

Seems to be a lot less chavs than there was when it was Ikon/Diva. The Icehouse is basically Ikon redecorated. Jaks is pretty much identical. Much better to go on a Friday when it's free to get in. Been on a Saturday and it took forever to get in because the que was so massive, and it's £7 to get in.

I have been a couple of times now. Its essentially Ikon and Diva! My Mrs went last night and said it was sheet. Packed, people bumping into each other, drinks being spilt left right and centre. Its a Rohypnol raiders dream. No drinks on the dance floor so you have to leave them on the sides unwatched! £7.50 to get in on a Sat, drinks not cheap either.

Last the night the whole of town was packed. I think due to all the new freshers in town from the two Unis'.

There was a frickin queue outside Kellys at 10pm!

Anyhows Oceana is nice looking place but it didnt feel special to me.

I went on Saturday for the first time.

There was the worlds number one spacko jacko impersonator there, I didn't see Jill there throwing her knickers about though.

I was actually quite impressed with the club, in comparrison to Jack, Ikon and Diva.

I bopped away in the disco room, free of annoying under 25's.

I have really ****ed my back from sliding down the banister on the way out and falling off. :-(

There didn't seem that many gimps there, and was a decent night if you stayed in Disco or the bars and away from Ice House.

I went on Saturday for the first time.

There was the worlds number one spacko jacko impersonator there, I didn't see Jill there throwing her knickers about though.

I was actually quite impressed with the club, in comparrison to Jack, Ikon and Diva.

I bopped away in the disco room, free of annoying under 25's.

I have really ****ed my back from sliding down the banister on the way out and falling off. :-(

There didn't seem that many gimps there, and was a decent night if you stayed in Disco or the bars and away from Ice House.

I wish I'd seen you fall off the bannister, I would of ran up and kicked you in the kidneys, it would of been a crime of passion:(

I am sure. It will be in about 2 weeks the freshers come out

Will make sure I am in town that day to 'welcome' them to our city.

I find it far more effective if they are educated on how to behave appropriately from the moment they set foot into Southampton.

Students are bad enough, but freshers night is not acceptable, groups of 30-40 student mongs walking round in groups, singing songs and generally lording it as if they have just marched into town and taken over, basically just creaming themselves as it is the first time ever they have been allowed out without telling mummy where they are and being in by 11pm, certainly need bringing down a peg or two.

One of a zillion reasons I fookin hate students.

Will make sure I am in town that day to 'welcome' them to our city.

I find it far more effective if they are educated on how to behave appropriately from the moment they set foot into Southampton.

Students are bad enough, but freshers night is not acceptable, groups of 30-40 student mongs walking round in groups, singing songs and generally lording it as if they have just marched into town and taken over, basically just creaming themselves as it is the first time ever they have been allowed out without telling mummy where they are and being in by 11pm, certainly need bringing down a peg or two.

I quite like them. Freshers week was awesome.

I'd still put it to you that you hate "****s", as opposed to students. It just happens that a lot of students are particularly ****ish, particulary in their fresher days, as, yes, they get a rush of blood to the head as they are allowed to drink and smoke and catch STIs.

I'd still put it to you that you hate "****s", as opposed to students. It just happens that a lot of students are particularly ****ish,

I think you may have a point there. When I was a student it was ****s like Stu describes above that made me embarrassed to be a student, especially at first. Despite doing a geeky course at a predominantly middle class uni, I'd still expected to meet many more 'normal' people who'd had proper mates and some nightlife before going there, instead I was surrounded by middle class mummy's boys who thought they were big time, wetting themselves with their new found freedom.

Over time however, I gradually met more and more students that weren't ****s, and some of the ones that acted ****ily in the beginning seemed to grow up and weren't so bad after all either. So I'd agree that it's a bit harsh to tar them all with the same brush.

Or maybe they were still ****s but I just got desensitised and eventually became one of them :|

I'd still put it to you that you hate "****s", as opposed to students. It just happens that a lot of students are particularly ****ish, particulary in their fresher days, as, yes, they get a rush of blood to the head as they are allowed to drink and smoke and catch STIs.

I hate c*nts, as opposed to students, it just so happens that most students are c*nts.

For example, Sev was a student, he was in Oceana with us on Saturday and is a decent, reserved chappy, I doubt he is one of the goons that walks round Southampton lording it on freshers night.

So Sev your saying your a **** too?

Possibly, but if I was would I realise though?

I hate c*nts, as opposed to students, it just so happens that most students are c*nts.

I think SRS just agreed with Robsk?

For example, Sev was a student, he was in Oceana with us on Saturday and is a decent, reserved chappy, I doubt he is one of the goons that walks round Southampton lording it on freshers night.

Ta, wasn't fishing for a pat on the back tho. For the record, I work in a profession using the qualification I studied, and I never did any of the following when I was a student:

- Thinking I was original and hilarious by bringing home traffic cones / roadsigns / shopping trolleys as beer trophies;

- Going on protests/rallies whilst knowing next to nothing about the cause it was for;

- Strutting around town in "[course/team/halls/uni/nickname] 2000" polo shirts thinking I was the dogs danglies;

- Moaned that I couldn't afford something if it was my own fault for spending too much money on nights out, then asking mummy and daddy for additional handouts.

Unfortunately the above behaviours were commonplace though. There were, and I assume still are, students capable of having a laugh without being sheep and resorting to such clichés, however these people rarely help to enhance the reputation of the tax-dodging fraternity because nine times out of ten you'll have no reason to suspect they're anything other than ordinary folk out with their mates.