Message from the Chairman on the OS

Frank's cousin

Thank you Le God. I guess ITN is too big for the bog :)

I realise my drivel offends more than it pleases on here so I am taking a back seat (and quite enjoying the ride actually).

Not out of pique you understand, more out of having better things to do than to argue with the likes of Dune and (sometimes) Hypo.

This forum is still great to pick up gossip and links etc but whilst I am happy with the way things have turned for Saints in the last 6 months I simply cannot get too carried away, with either our recent form or the godlike status folk on here want to bequeath on Marcus and Nicola.

Each to their own and who am I to ***** bubbles that don't want *****ing.

I have a big heap on my shoulders at present so won't post much over the next few weeks so a Happy Xmas to one and all.

PS Working on the complete who's who for next year 1885-2010!

Just caught sight of this. I look forward to buying and reading the new book Duncan. Have you a scheduled release date? Happy Christmas.

Thank you Le God. I guess ITN is too big for the bog :)

I realise my drivel offends more than it pleases on here so I am taking a back seat (and quite enjoying the ride actually).

Not out of pique you understand, more out of having better things to do than to argue with the likes of Dune and (sometimes) Hypo.

This forum is still great to pick up gossip and links etc but whilst I am happy with the way things have turned for Saints in the last 6 months I simply cannot get too carried away, with either our recent form or the godlike status folk on here want to bequeath on Marcus and Nicola.

Each to their own and who am I to ***** bubbles that don't want *****ing.

I have a big heap on my shoulders at present so won't post much over the next few weeks so a Happy Xmas to one and all.

PS Working on the complete who's who for next year 1885-2010!

I am not sure your drivel is that much different from mine. With the one exception that I am still overwhelmingly grateful for the train crash I saw stopped by a single man, minus cape. On that one point, I am not totally sure out of the two of us, who is correct.

I only looked at this thread to join in the positive comments about Nicolas' message to the fans over the holidays, seems I'm mistaken and it's yet another thread that is supposed to be about our football club and was posted with good intention but has turned into an off topic argument about something else again?

Anyway... Great to hear such positive comments from Nicola continuing to outline the ambition he and Markus share to take us forward and thanking all the fans for our support too. His message certainly reflects the new mutual respect between club and fans alike as we head towards the 2nd half of the season.

Oh dear.

We didn't evolve from chimps. We evolved from one small band of hominids - one of several that migrated from the plains of East Africa. We share a common ancestor with chimps - hence why we still have humans AND chimps.

As for the rest, Richard Dawkins in 'The Blind Watchmaker' turns the Creationist argument into matchwood. But suffice to say: the human eye didn't evolve from a primordial soup in one easy step. Evolution is not really like that Guinness ad.

So God - or son of - has nothing to do with it. Hence his absence in Cortese's highly evolved statement.

So are the evolutionist enjoying christmas with all the trimmings, or is that just hypocritical.

no it hasn't its always been pagan.

Even if it was once Pagan (which is a strange argument I've never really understood) then as it is not now, it evidently has evolved.

"Evolve" is quite apposite as Christmas in its modern incarnation is clearly much more succesful than some droopy-brained druid crap.

Even if it was once Pagan (which is a strange argument I've never really understood) then as it is not now, it evidently has evolved.

"Evolve" is quite apposite as Christmas in its modern incarnation is clearly much more succesful than some droopy-brained druid crap.

most of the customs and traditions today have pagan origins

What's your point? Its still evolved and is generally viewed as a christian holiday when people symbolically remember the birth of Christ. Clearly not everyone believes that but that's what it is.

The 25th December was a very special date in the pagan calendar which involved presents and trees. It's also widely believed (even amongst Christian scholars) that Jesus was not born on this day.

Sure it's evolved, it's turned into a festival of greed and consumerism.

Ebenezer Scrooge over and out :wink:

The 25th December was a very special date in the pagan calendar which involved presents and trees. It's also widely believed (even amongst Christian scholars) that Jesus was not born on this day.

Sure it's evolved, it's turned into a festival of greed and consumerism.

Ebenezer Scrooge over and out :wink:

I know that. It's why I used the word symbolically.