Pardew gets his men.

RedAndWhite91

Does this mean Otsemobor was the player 'not doing too well at the moment'?

FWIW i dont think JO will be the last acquisition, i have a gut feeling we're gonna have a big name signing up front and another more low key free transfer midfielder.

Does this mean Otsemobor was the player 'not doing too well at the moment'?

FWIW i dont think JO will be the last acquisition, i have a gut feeling we're gonna have a big name signing up front and another more low key free transfer midfielder.

Could well have been yeah - it adds up.

I hope you're right, we definitely need a few more attacking options.

Ah yes, I've re-read properly instead of skimming through it. I deserve a slap on the wrist for that one.

Since that's the case, it's good Pardew got who he wanted. No mention of Ward, and so it's obvious he holds Seaborne in a higher regard; and it's also good the scouts have been watching him since the start of the season...

"I am very, very pleased to have been able to bring in the two guys in the centre of defence that I wanted, and who are going to improve that area."

I'm guessing that means he's happy with the defence, and now looking to strengthen the midfield/attack?

Sounds that way, and if so im very impressed. Never known a manager be so methodical in a transfer window! I guess AP can afford to coz as he says, we are one of very few teams bieng 'pro-active'. We havent had to battle for a signature yet

Still need more creativity in the attacking areas, but defensively I think we're all set. Of course we don't know who'll be leaving the club yet, it could be that we need to add to the areas we have good cover in currently...

"I am very, very pleased to have been able to bring in the two guys in the centre of defence that I wanted, and who are going to improve that area."

I'm guessing that means he's happy with the defence, and now looking to strengthen the midfield/attack?

IMHO i believe the best managers build from the back and this is exactly what pards is doing right now. i fully expect to see a midfielder joining the club and it will be a Championship player i feel, pards wouldn't settle for anything less.

I dont expect a striker however, i feel he's saving his thoughts on this one, maybe someone he has his eyes on it out of contract in the summer perhaps? thoughts on a postcard!!

Thinking he's got Rickie, Connolly and Lallana can play there if needed, otherwise i think he feels Papa can be a useful addition up there, fairly hard to predict when defending against...scored 2 against norwich and scored against Exeter. Good player and easily adequate for league one to support Rickie and connolly...

Stock or Danns and Jackson or Barnard, and i would be over the moon

In terms of Jackson or Barnard. I don't think either of these would come until just before the window shuts (if they do) as their club will be holding out for as much money as possible.

In terms of Jackson or Barnard. I don't think either of these would come until just before the window shuts (if they do) as their club will be holding out for as much money as possible.

With Barnard's contract up in the summer and him refusing to sign a new one, the longer he doesn't move his value decreases.