tranmere away

saint-luco

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
I meant in Chester, as that's where we'll be Sat night!

We stayed in Chester a few years ago for a ManUre match. Can't remember eating anything more that a couple of packs of pork scratchings and liquid meals, sorry.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

We're staying in The Knowsley Hotel, about 5 minutes from the Liverpool city centre. I believe that our idea is to hit as many pubs inbetween getting back after the match and closing time..

Maybe some of us could meet up for a post match moan and pint?

We're staying in The Knowsley Hotel, about 5 minutes from the Liverpool city centre. I believe that our idea is to hit as many pubs inbetween getting back after the match and closing time..

I shall be roaming the streets after the match if anyone knows a good venue to meet. I'm staying in Birkenhead but intend to go into Liverpool for the evening.

My flight is at 20:05, so i won't be hanging about after the game but by the time I get into Liverpool City centre from Airport in the morning, it would be about 11am (3 of us on the same flight) so i'd be up for meeting in city centre and pub crawling right across the Mersey to Prenton.....

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Well, I'm driving up and intend to leave at about 6am to avoid the queues (at the bar).

I'll check out a few locations and make some suggestions for am and pm.

DSM

4 of us staying up on The Friday and Saturday night in Liverpool.

Also happy to meet up for pre-match, post-match beers on the Saturday.

Not sure on our B&B address yet, but its 5miles outside Liverpool City Centre.

Will find out from my mate in next couple of days.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

I'm driving up from Winchester to Liverpool and Tranmere and back on Sunday.

I know it's late but if anyone wants a lift and share petrol then let me know.

We are staying in Waterloo just up the road in North Liverpool towards the coast.

A few stops on the Mersey Rail...

Happy to come and meet up Saturday Morning for Early drinks, food and Saints chat...

As previously Mentioned, I am in Liverpool City Centre form 11am.

How about 11am in O'Neills - I've worn footie tops in their before (so for those of us wearing colours, shouldnt be a problem) and its central, only 5 min walk to Lime Street Station.

http://www.oneills.co.uk/oneillsliverpool/

Its just a suggestion, but maybe a handy meet up point and take it from there?

How about 11am in O'Neills - I've worn footie tops in their before (so for those of us wearing colours, shouldnt be a problem) and its central, only 5 min walk to Lime Street Station.

Ok then mate.

good suggestion

Our merry group of 4 will be in O'Neils at 11.am.. don't be suprised if you find us in there earlier than that... :drinkers:

see a few of you on Saturday morning.

if any arrangements change, please post before Friday as we will be off-line heading up for Liverpool on Friday Morning...

Ok then mate.

good suggestion

Our merry group of 4 will be in O'Neils at 11.am.. don't be suprised if you find us in there earlier than that... :drinkers:

see a few of you on Saturday morning.

if any arrangements change, please post before Friday as we will be off-line heading up for Liverpool on Friday Morning...

No problem, our flight gets into Liverpool for about 10:20 so I think 11am is a reasonable time to expect us (3 of us going). I believe we are wearing our blue(navyish) and yellow away shirt? Is that correct - anyone know?

Even Guinness believe's in the Saints.....

429_500_csupload_17567360.jpg?u=634032753039507500

should be ther at about 11.30

Any one been to the gorund before and can advise on parking? Im driving to the game on my todd from Huddersfield and just want to get in and out, done this a few times already this season with great success (League 1 clubs seem to have massive car parks! wallsall, oldham leeds and stockport did anyway!)

Any one been to the gorund before and can advise on parking? Im driving to the game on my todd from Huddersfield and just want to get in and out, done this a few times already this season with great success (League 1 clubs seem to have massive car parks! wallsall, oldham leeds and stockport did anyway!)

I work with a fella who lives on the Wirral. It's a residential area and resident's only parking for about 1/2 a mile around the ground. Outside the half mile he says you should be alright though - just make sure you leave plenty of time to find a place...and don't block me in :)

No problem, our flight gets into Liverpool for about 10:20 so I think 11am is a reasonable time to expect us (3 of us going). I believe we are wearing our blue(navyish) and yellow away shirt? Is that correct - anyone know?/QUOTE]

Bout Ye,

At home Tranmere play in white (with Royal Blue trim) [from their website] so yes we'll be in blue/yellow.

25 hours to kick off......

Boylesports are offering the Saints -1 @ 3/1 ....... I think we will win by more than a goal, think I might be dropping a ton on that.... my last 2 -1's have come good!! Think i'll make it three in a row!! Barnard to Score First, Lambert the second and Hammond the third..... 3-0 to da Saints!!

Right anyway..... O'Neills tomorrow at 11am - sounds like there will be a few of us there, get a little pre match beer into ourselves.

sitting in george best airport... not a freaking bar to be found.... o'neills can't come quick enough! Saints 3 0 today, barnard gets first and lambert nets a peno... wayne thomas off the bench to fire home from 47 yards!

Good on yer lads.

Enjoy the day and here's hoping you're right about the score!

sitting in george best airport... not a freaking bar to be found.... o'neills can't come quick enough! Saints 3 0 today, barnard gets first and lambert nets a peno... wayne thomas off the bench to fire home from 47 yards!

Good on yer lads.

Enjoy the day and here's hoping you're right about the score!

Wondered where I'd seen irishsaint83 before! I was stood beside you at the game! Hope you had a safe trip home and a few beers at John Lennon Airport. No beer at George Best International lol the old boy will be turning in his grave!

Wondered where I'd seen irishsaint83 before! I was stood beside you at the game! Hope you had a safe trip home and a few beers at John Lennon Airport. No beer at George Best International lol the old boy will be turning in his grave!

Shame about the game though... ref was poor but we should have been good enought to get 3 points and we were'nt!!

We managed to do a pub crawl in John Lennon Airport!!! I'm sure I will bump into you again at some match in the future...

Chinatown was great when I went there for a meal.

We went lastnight (Nelson Street) It was called New Capital this is the worst Chinese restaurant meal l have ever had. I have had many Chinese meals around the world and this meal was total cr@p. Avoid The New Capital restaurant like the plague

The lack of real ale was the worst part of the day.

The kebab from Birmingham on the way home was a big high point of the day. A truly excellent kebab.

Wogan winning the 3.25 at Doncaster at 5/1 was the highlight of the day.