say something interesting

dune

That will make sitting here seem worthwhile and not a complete and utter waste of hours. I liked school but didn't like the subjects we did (apart from history which in my day wasn't a politically corrected version of events - kids deserve the truth and facts and then shoulg make their own minds up about what they think about it, not be influenced by a PC cuuriculum that is essentially political brainwashing of children sold under the guise of education.

That is not the interesting bit, the interesting little tale i.m going to tell another time when i've thought of one suitably interesting

You may well wonder what the first paragraph has to do wiyh anything, well most of the interesting things i know about are histotical events that have already happened, i jusr typed that (literally) and it is therefore an historical event although clearly not an event suitable to be called interesting although typing that and fitting it in with saying i just typed thas prtty cool, but i must admit it was more luck than judgement,

Edited by dune

Interesting fact:

Old Speckled hen (the beer) was named after a car that was used to get around the old MG works in Abingdon. When the car was parked near to the spray shop it would get splattered with different coloured paint and became known around the town as the 'old speckled 'un', which became the 'old speckled hen'.

The beer was created to celebrate MG's golden anniversary.

In fact the MG story is a very interesting one, not just for car enthusiasts but for engineers in general. Tom Rolt is a good read in my opinion.

My dad watched the battle of Britain planes flying over Bexhill on seas when he was a boy. Reckons the sky was black with planes. Not since 1066 have we come that close to being conquered so i'd saying witnessing the battle is a pretty impressive thing.

The descended larynx is not uniquely human and is probably a by-product of evolutionary adaptations for sexual competition and selection rather than being developed specifically for speech.

My dad watched the battle of Britain planes flying over Bexhill on seas when he was a boy. Reckons the sky was black with planes. Not since 1066 have we come that close to being conquered so i'd saying witnessing the battle is a pretty impressive thing.

I don't think that the airoplane had been invented in 1066. I could be wrong.

No, I have just checked my 'boys book of everything' and I was right, the airoplne was not invented until autumn in 1259.

I don't think that the airoplane had been invented in 1066. I could be wrong.

No, I have just checked my 'boys book of everything' and I was right, the airoplne was not invented until autumn in 1259.

But a flying device could well have been invented long before that if you are open to the posibility that there is intelligent life somewhere else out there and you'd have to pretty naive to dismiss this possibility given the infinite size of the universe and the fact we either evolved from minerals or grew from "seed". I mean that in a metaphorical sense.

But a flying device could well have been invented long before that if you are open to the posibility that there is intelligent life somewhere else out there and you'd have to pretty naive to dismiss this possibility given the infinite size of the universe and the fact we either evolved from minerals or grew from "seed". I mean that in a metaphorical sense.

To be honest June, I am not convinced that this so called 'intelligent life' even exists now, let alone beforewe arrived.

We seem to only accept that which we can see with our own eyes. Until reletively recently, say 3 hundred years or so, we hadn't 'discovered' things like electricity, radiation etc, yet they were always there.

I think that there are many other energies around and within us that we just need to open our minds to to 'discover' them.

We seem to measure intelligence in a very subjective way which in my opinion is ergo, flawed.

Interesting fact:

Old Speckled hen (the beer) was named after a car that was used to get around the old MG works in Abingdon. When the car was parked near to the spray shop it would get splattered with different coloured paint and became known around the town as the 'old speckled 'un', which became the 'old speckled hen'.

The beer was created to celebrate MG's golden anniversary.

In fact the MG story is a very interesting one, not just for car enthusiasts but for engineers in general. Tom Rolt is a good read in my opinion.

My ex girlfriends brother (Swedish) loved the beer but could never remember the name properly. Regularly used to ask at the bar for pints of 'Spotty Chicken'.

My ex girlfriends brother (Swedish) loved the beer but could never remember the name properly. Regularly used to ask at the bar for pints of 'Spotty Chicken'.

It is nicknamed "Eric's Old Spotted c o c k " by my lager swilling mates :rolleyes:

Fortunately it is only available at The take away booze shops, so I don't get asked in pubs by my mates in front of strangers if I'm ready for another spotted c o c k :p

PS I have just carried out the instruction in the fred title and said the words 'something interesting' .... do I get a prize for winning the competition?