Hogging the ball

Saintandy666

Sign of confidence though isn't it. It is also a sign of not being experienced. I remember when Ronaldo was younger and he did the same thing, time after time would just run into the guy in front of him. But he turned out alright in the end. While i don't think Puncheon will be anywhere as good as Ronaldo i think it is good we have a player like him who does not have that fear. A lot of the time it won't work, but sometimes it will. He has 6 assists in 12 league games. That is a pretty good record. Even though he has not been here long he is already the 2nd top assister here, 2nd only to king Rickie.

So while it can be annoying, it does work a lot of the time, i would rather he did not try and stop doing that.

Sign of confidence though isn't it. It is also a sign of not being experienced. I remember when Ronaldo was younger and he did the same thing, time after time would just run into the guy in front of him. But he turned out alright in the end. While i don't think Puncheon will be anywhere as good as Ronaldo i think it is good we have a player like him who does not have that fear. A lot of the time it won't work, but sometimes it will. He has 6 assists in 12 league games. That is a pretty good record. Even though he has not been here long he is already the 2nd top assister here, 2nd only to king Rickie.

So while it can be annoying, it does work a lot of the time, i would rather he did not try and stop doing that.

Mmmmmm, I just think there were a few times if him and certain other players had passed(particularly puncheon), we could have got that 2nd goal. We won on the day in the end, but it's just frustrating I guess, like you said. On the other hand, by doing that kind of run he probably will make a goal or two, so I guess it can even out.

totally agree but he needs to learn to chase back when he c*cks up because he is making the our full backs look stupid when they over lap and he mucks up the pass, it is them who are then out of position another reason why Fonte is looking so good because he is covering for them

he should be playing on the left becasue he can;t operate on the right. Put him on the left and his performances will improve no end. He would be more comfortable and get more balls in the box

Yes but he has a great shot on him when he cuts inside. Keep him on the left in my opinion. One option may be to switch the wingers during the game just to mix it up a little.

I must admit I cursed him many many times for being a greedy sod today and making some poor decisions.

However it seems he was following instructions from AP, who admitted he got some things in his general play wrong, so fair play.

At least the manager saw it, I do think he neds to be educated as to when to bring others into play however

I must admit I cursed him many many times for being a greedy sod today and making some poor decisions.

However it seems he was following instructions from AP, who admitted he got some things in his general play wrong, so fair play.

At least the manager saw it, I do think he neds to be educated as to when to bring others into play however

Look the guy hasn't been here long! He's also been involved with all 3 goals scored this week. Great signing!

Look the guy hasn't been here long! He's also been involved with all 3 goals scored this week. Great signing!

I didnt say he wasnt a good signing and I didnt say he wasnt involved in the goals scored this week, I simply pointed out that today he was greedy on more than one occasion !!

Its a mixed one - on the one hand, he seems to be the only player in the team who actually makes runs off the ball and will exploit space to receive it - he is also happy to take responsibility when we have possession. these are rare qualities in a team that is pretty static i.e. Hammond and Schneiderlin and generally thinks the ball is a hot potato, something to get rid of asap.

On the other, his decision-making of late has been pretty poor - he'll take one touch too many and bunch play up as he goes it alone rather than releasing ohers. He needs to be more clinical which means being less selfish.

Saying that, still think he adds more to the team than detracts from it. but he's not the player his first few blinding performances promised he might be...

I wasn't at the game today but I sincerely hope people don't start to get on Puncheon's back for trying to make things happen. The more our more gifted players try to make things happen the better it is. They won't always get it right, but I'd hate to think they would be scared to express themselves for fear of the crowd getting on their back.

The moment they stop trying is the moment I start to get agitated.