The REAL truth about Nick Clegg

Johnny Bognor

Hmmm. Looks a bit thin on first read.

Nice try from the Telegraph but Brown and Cameron can't use it tomorrow night because they'll just be throwing stones in their own glass house.

Anything like this falls into the "they're all as bad as each other" white noise.

Can't see this being a game changer.

Sir Alistair Graham,former chairman of the Committee on Standards in Public Life was on Sky news last night.He said the arrangement appeared to be 'irregular', and he went on to say that if you're going to stand on a platform of "cleaning up the old politics" and gain electrol advantage because of that, you need to be whiter than white.

Whether you run a pub football team, a Xmas Club or a golf society, you do not mix your money, with the organisation's money.In my mind, along with his expenses claims, this shows that rather than have spent "all his adult life, trying to clean up politics" he has in fact had his snout firmly in the trough.What a hypocrite.

This frantic scramble by the Tory press to adjust to this sudden new enemy in their midst is funny as f*ck :lol: reminds me of that bit in 1984 when Oceana changes its enemy and no-one has a clue what to do!

The next fortnight will see a super-intensive barrage of Clegg-hate and hasty dirt-digging like the above story, with the previous villain Brown getting a comparatively easy ride. In the short term this may well have a bit of an effect and play a part in seeing the Tories through, but I've got an idea it may backfire in the long term.

The massive amount of attention being paid to the Lib Dems is only making them seem more and more electable; if I was in the Tory leadership (and thank the Lord I ain't) I'd have a quiet word with my press baron mates and tell them to STFU and go back to the dismissive "Well they can say what they want 'cos they'll never get in, blah blah blah" type coverage.

This wasn't a case of a "scramble" this came to light from the same documents that they obtained to blast open the expenses scandel. A story which they ran about all parties. Therefore to try and make out this is a "smear" is clearly wrong.

Which they happened to make a big deal of not at the time, but a week after a substantial rise in the Liberals' popularity? Hmm, wonder why that was? A little weak to fly next to all the genuine skullduggery going on leading up to the expenses scandal, but the only bit of "dirt" a panicking right has to throw, perhaps?

Not that I'm knocking it as politics, mind (dirty game and all that). It could work, though I'd repeat my earlier point that the frenzied abuse of Clegg from the conservative media may well turn out to be counter-productive.

Which they happened to make a big deal of not at the time, but a week after a substantial rise in the Liberals' popularity? Hmm, wonder why that was? A little weak to fly next to all the genuine skullduggery going on leading up to the expenses scandal, but the only bit of "dirt" a panicking right has to throw, perhaps?

Not that I'm knocking it as politics, mind (dirty game and all that). It could work, though I'd repeat my earlier point that the frenzied abuse of Clegg from the conservative media may well turn out to be counter-productive.

But last week Clegg claimed he'd "spent his whole adult life trying to clean up politics". If you make a claim like that, surely the press are entittled to look into your record.

Both other parties are scrutinised, why shouldn't the Lib/Dems be?

Surely nobody thinks that having donations paid into your private bank account, is cleaning up politics. I run a Golf Society, and would never dream of mixing up the Societies money with mine.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

This frantic scramble by the Tory press to adjust to this sudden new enemy in their midst is funny as f*ck :lol: reminds me of that bit in 1984 when Oceana changes its enemy and no-one has a clue what to do!

The next fortnight will see a super-intensive barrage of Clegg-hate and hasty dirt-digging like the above story, with the previous villain Brown getting a comparatively easy ride. In the short term this may well have a bit of an effect and play a part in seeing the Tories through, but I've got an idea it may backfire in the long term.

The massive amount of attention being paid to the Lib Dems is only making them seem more and more electable; if I was in the Tory leadership (and thank the Lord I ain't) I'd have a quiet word with my press baron mates and tell them to STFU and go back to the dismissive "Well they can say what they want 'cos they'll never get in, blah blah blah" type coverage.

so much for tory policys of change that they are running scared and have to resort to smears against clegg:D but i think people can see threw this nonsense.

But last week Clegg claimed he'd "spent his whole adult life trying to clean up politics". If you make a claim like that, surely the press are entittled to look into your record.

Both other parties are scrutinised, why shouldn't the Lib/Dems be?

Surely nobody thinks that having donations paid into your private bank account, is cleaning up politics. I run a Golf Society, and would never dream of mixing up the Societies money with mine.

This was all declared and registered at the time, so this is nothing but smear from an ever desperate Tory press. I like the idea of Murdoch and his cronies sh*tting themselves at the thought of electoral reform and all their political influence gone in a second.

I wish I was as organised as you with the Golf Society's money though. I've got to pay out what I've spent to St Mellion next week for our do. We really need to get a bank account.

:o saintsweb poster displays literary knowledge shocker!!! whatever next?? a philosophy section??!! :confused:

(I'd be up for that btw)

blast open

Kaboom! With a turn of phrase like that, you could get a job working for the tabloid press.

"We have always been at war with Eastasia."

NICK CLEGG: 'WE'RE MORE GUILTY THAN THE NAZIS'

NICK Clegg has claimed Britons have a greater “cross to bear” than the Germans do over their Nazi past, it emerged last night.

Lib Dem leader, Nick Clegg, said we suffered from “delusions of grandeur” and a “misplaced sense of superiority” for having defeated Germany in the Second World War.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/170768/Nick-Clegg-We-re-more-guilty-than-the-Nazis-row

:o saintsweb poster displays literary knowledge shocker!!! whatever next?? a philosophy section??!! :confused:

(I'd be up for that btw)

"We have always been at war with Eastasia."

Ta...was so pleased with my analogy that I put up my first FB status in months as "Oceana is at war with the Lib Dems. Oceana has always been at war with the Lib Dems." I'm a right sad bastard sometimes.

NICK CLEGG: 'WE'RE MORE GUILTY THAN THE NAZIS'

NICK Clegg has claimed Britons have a greater “cross to bear” than the Germans do over their Nazi past, it emerged last night.

Lib Dem leader, Nick Clegg, said we suffered from “delusions of grandeur” and a “misplaced sense of superiority” for having defeated Germany in the Second World War.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/170768/Nick-Clegg-We-re-more-guilty-than-the-Nazis-row

That's even weaker! Cherry-picked quotes from a statement made a few years ago about two German call centre workers in Swindon getting dog's abuse at work and taking it to court. Scroll down to the bottom: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sun-censored-poll-that-showed-support-for-lib-dems-1951940.html

If anything, the lack of substance behind the Clegg smears are just making him look pretty straight, if that's all the nation's best muck-rakers can come up with. I just hope he doesn't take one of his kids to see a paediatrician over the next couple of weeks, or the headlines will scream "NICK CLEGG HANDS KID OVER TO PAEDO".

Laughing at the right wing media...

1) Daily mail holding a poll on who would be the best chancellor but giving Ken Clarke as the Tory option. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/polls/poll.html?pollId=1017187

2) The Sun deciding that all the results of a poll they commission that did not meet their agenda were all part of 'too many results to publish here'. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sun-censored-poll-that-showed-support-for-lib-dems-1951940.html

Latter one is interesting as it confirms previous polls that if people thought the lib-dems could win they would vote for them in large numbers.

YouGov also found that if people thought Mr Clegg's party had a significant chance of winning the election, it would win 49 per cent of the votes, with the Tories winning 25 per cent and Labour just 19 per cent. One in four people Labour and one in six Tory supporters say they would switch to the Liberal Democrats in these circumstances. The party would be ahead among both men and women, in every age and social group, and in every region. On a uniform swing across Britain, that would give the Liberal Democrats 548 MPs, Labour 41 and the Tories 25.

Problem for Clegg is can he solve that chicken and egg conundrum.