Jaidi's insight into attributes footballer needs

NickG

Big Ron wasn't all that big, well not by Crouchian or Kollerian standards that it.

Sure he was just 6ft but he could jump and hang there in a sort of suspended state.

TBH Ron was far more than just a brilliant header of the ball, I saw him score some cracking goals with both feet...... thus my post was tongue in cheek ! But why is he called "Big Ron" if he wasn't that big ;)

focus on some technical things - like using his feet:confused:

people have high demands on professional footballers!

Jaidi is great for coming up with utter nonsense. I spotted this one a while back:

"The results we have got lately have given us more confidence and given us the smell of our aim, it's in our hands, and we're working hard and concentrating as much as possible to do that."

What amazes me really is that they actually put it out unedited on the OS.

focus on some technical things - like using his feet:confused:

people have high demands on professional footballers!

I'm pretty sure he means footwork in the same sense a cricketer that has to position his weight correctly when attacking a ball.

Big Ron wasn't all that big, well not by Crouchian or Kollerian standards that it.

Sure he was just 6ft but he could jump and hang there in a sort of suspended state.

that was the unbelievable thing about him..he could time his runs and seemed to be "up" for seconds...but he (Ron) still seemed to think that he was a better player on the ground. Anyone who saw his 4 goal blitz of Villa in 1967 will recall his MLT-like close control beating one defender after another and scoring from the narrowest of angles.

[/color]

that was the unbelievable thing about him..he could time his runs and seemed to be "up" for seconds...but he (Ron) still seemed to think that he was a better player on the ground. Anyone who saw his 4 goal blitz of Villa in 1967 will recall his MLT-like close control beating one defender after another and scoring from the narrowest of angles.

None of us, who had the privilege of seeing him play, fully realised just how good he was I feel.