Share plunge

Snopper

How about the theory that one of the existing major share holders is buying at the current low rate, so that any increase to around the 30p mark will offset the losses made on the 50p or 65p purchases ?? will completely blow it if the price continues to drop I know, but........

I think they have to declare it?

Actually Leon Crouch paid 65p per share whereas most of Michael Wildes was at 50p if memory serves me right.

I believe LC would be prepared to suffer a great loss for the good of the club (even though it would be a major blow to his net worth and one he would prefer not to see happen). I am not sure Wilde could afford the same "hit" even in relative terms. I am unaware of how Rupert Lowe would view the situation (and nor do other posters before they start spouting their bile).

Thanks, as much as I havent rated lc I do respect that he is an true fan and did things as he thought were best.

You finish up very strangely by saying people who might voicie an opinion about Lowe's view would be spouting bile, but you are able to voice opinions on how you think Wilde and Crouch would view things.

I don't think Lowe wants to dispose of his shares, full stop. My opinion, but is it bile?

I thought about the reaction I might get and perhaps it was a bit strong. An opinion is fine. I happen to believe (from snippits I have picked up) he will sell but not just for a change of owner. There must be investment over a sustained period. But I am not inside his head so who knows.

yes but if LC paid £1 a share

He didn't

and Wilde 60p their ultimate losses are different.

He didn't.

Crouch paid 65p a share and Wilde 50p a share, but as I pointed out, because Wilde bought quite a few more shares, his overall loss is higher than Crouch's.

Would LC be prepared to lose 75% of his money to sell the club or would he hold out for more?

A while back I managed to speak to Crouch about this (when the rumours of a major investor was sniffing around) and he declared that he would give his shares away if it was for the good of the Club. Of course it could have just been a hollow promise or seeking brownie points, but I have to say I felt he was very sincere in making the offer.

Actually Leon Crouch paid 65p per share whereas most of Michael Wildes was at 50p if memory serves me right.

I believe LC would be prepared to suffer a great loss for the good of the club (even though it would be a major blow to his net worth and one he would prefer not to see happen). I am not sure Wilde could afford the same "hit" even in relative terms. I am unaware of how Rupert Lowe would view the situation (and nor do other posters before they start spouting their bile).

Some truth, but that "good of the club" comes with a so many proviso's and personal foibles, that you can not be certain what would happen at the end of the day. I still fell Wilde has the greatest lump, but how much of that is expendable I could not say. Don't be put off by Merlions poor books, as there looks a good reason for that. As for Rupert Lowe putting more money in, that would be a major surprise.