iPhone4 Jailbroken

Baj

what is Cydia?

Why should i JB my IPhone 4?

Does it invalidate my warranty?

How do i get free TomTOm!?!?!

I was not too sure..but I you tubed "jail break iphone 4"..it was simple...then you tubed "installous for iphone 4"...

again, simple...you use the installous app and download any app for free...it is very much like the app store app you get..

back up.sync your phone before you do it, so you have a recent point of restore if you dont like it...

it will invalidate your warrently..you will have to hope that if you break your phone, you can restore it to the point you last sync'd it before you jailbroke it...

Free beer wont cost 500 notes to replace if it goes tits up

You quite simply cannot irreperably damage your iphone by jailbreaking it. It's a software fix, not hardware. The very worst case scenario is you 'brick' it (usually something like it goes into an endless springboard launch cycle, so you just have the apple logo on your screen forever). All you do is restore it, and it's back to normal.

Have things like Appsync been updated yet? I jailbroke my old 3G, but I found using installous to download directly onto the device quite a chore... much easier to use Appsync and just download on your PC, drag into itunes, then sync. But I think the most recent iteration of Itunes broke Appsync, at least temporarily.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
anyone updated to os 4.0.2.........how would this effect jail breaking etc..?

Don't touch it yet. It kills the latest pdf jailbreak for 4.0.1.

I speak from experience :cry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Mewsta: just visit http://jailbreakme.modmyi.com (on your phone).

Theres rumours facetime and MMS wont work at the moment, since I use neither I'm not bothered and I'm sure both will be fixed quickly.

TDD: Run any software you want, if you wanted to be naughty, this means free apps :p

I don't understand why you want to do this? As a software type, surely you know that some of these guys deserve the small rewards they get?

If people find a way to get round your £5 payment thing to post 100 posts a day, for free, you'd be down on them and they'd be banned.

Just an observation!

Anyone know if there is something on a iPhone that has been jailbreak'd that allows you to tether the phone to your computer/MacBook?

The best solution is MyWi. Works brilliantly. It's tough to find a working cracked version, but is worth the $19.99 or whatever they charge for it now if you're going to use it regularly (and assuming you have a TRULY unlimited data plan on your iPhone?)