Grievances

saint_stevo

:D

Actually no, that's not the case. My dad was proud of being Hampshire born and bred and his grammar was appalling sometimes. He used to say 'that'll learn you' instead of 'teach' and 'I give he what for' instead of ' gave him'.

His accent was so broad, I often couldn't understand him! But he was rigid about 'can' and 'will'.

God, life in your house must be thrilling.

Do you have OCD? Could you not let a few grammar mistakes slide?

How far do conversations in your house get to before they turn into a conversation about grammar and how you should have said x instead of y?

How far do conversations in your house get to before they turn into a conversation about grammar and how you should have said x instead of y?

Let it go.Just let it go.

My dad's dead now so these conversations don't happen any more.

You sad muppet

You might have understood more if you'd bother to read the whole thread. But no, that's not you, is it - you just jerk your knees (and probably other things too).

Actually no, that's not the case. My dad was proud of being Hampshire born and bred and his grammar was appalling sometimes. He used to say 'that'll learn you' instead of 'teach' and 'I give he what for' instead of ' gave him'.

His accent was so broad, I often couldn't understand him! But he was rigid about 'can' and 'will'.

I know the feeling.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Meoow, this one has balls!

BTF has a lot of experience in dealing with cheeky young whippersnappers. Every night when her old man gets home...;)

BTF has a lot of experience in dealing with cheeky young whippersnappers. Every night when her old man gets home...;)

This brings up another point. When you use the expression "old man", I assume you are referring to her male spouse, but everyone I know uses it for their father (my male and female friends).

Odd.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
This brings up another point. When you use the expression "old man", I assume you are referring to her male spouse, but everyone I know uses it for their father (my male and female friends).

Odd.

Things like that are what keep the English Language dynamic and alive. My father was from Durham and I guess that slang terms were different there.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
I have big issue's, with, people that pick up, on other's spalling and puntuaton.

It's bloodie anoyiing.

Where do you sell them?

You might have understood more if you'd bother to read the whole thread. But no, that's not you, is it - you just jerk your knees (and probably other things too).

And for your information, I have read the whole thread. I was commenting on your persistent need to correct people (not just on this thread) of their grammar mistakes.

When my manager asked me indirectly to do something.

Such as:

"Do you want to go and sort out this issue Barney?"

I just reply, "No I don't, but thanks for asking".

Why doesn't she just tell me that she needs me to do something instead of trying to be nice about it, it's no big deal,but if people want to give me an option of doing something that's going to be a bastard or doing something mundane, then that's their fault.

Where did I mention your conversation was with your Dad?

I did not. I was implying your current household.

You sad muppet

Quote:

Originally Posted by bridge too far viewpost.gif

This appears to connect with my original comment about my dad's grammar. It does not refer to conversations in my household these days. Unless you are a fly on the wall in my house (or any other sort of insect - that wouldn't surprise me) then you cannot possibly even begin to guess how conversations are conducted in my house.

I make no apologies whatsoever for using correct grammar and spelling. I only ever criticise ****heads and muppets to emasculate them. I loved my father's Hampshire dialect and wouldn't have changed it for the world.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bridge too far viewpost.gif

This appears to connect with my original comment about my dad's grammar. It does not refer to conversations in my household these days. Unless you are a fly on the wall in my house (or any other sort of insect - that wouldn't surprise me) then you cannot possibly even begin to guess how conversations are conducted in my house.

I make no apologies whatsoever for using correct grammar and spelling. I only ever criticise ****heads and muppets to emasculate them. I loved my father's Hampshire dialect and wouldn't have changed it for the world.

Oh my god your annoying!

So because it made no direct reference to your current household, it must have been a reference to your previous house which you lived in with your dad?

Erm?

If this was the case then when you say

Unless you are a fly on the wall in my house
you must be talking about your previous house?!

Oh my god your (Oops, my bad) annoying!

So because it made no direct reference to your current household, it must have been a reference to your previous house which you lived in with your dad?

Erm?

If this was the case then when you say you must be talking about your previous house?!

Oh my lord - and they say women are illogical :D

My mind is not tortured as is yours, sweetie - I can't keep up with your twists and turns.

Ex´pla`nate

a.1.(Bot. & Zool.) Spreading or extending outwardly in a flat form.

What would BT have to do with Botany or Zoology (or medicine, as it happens)?

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't! But then he had one of those beards where the person tries to give the impression of having a jawline when in actual fact they're a fatty. Also it smelt like he'd been eating sh:t sandwiches. And i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one that reaches for the Yellow Pages ahead of the BT Directory when required. All in all not a successful visit...

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Ex´pla`nate

a.1.(Bot. & Zool.) Spreading or extending outwardly in a flat form.

What would BT have to do with Botany or Zoology (or medicine, as it happens)?

Maybe he was talking about the volcanic plains on Jupiter...

They too have a similar form. :confused:

Oh my lord - and they say women are illogical :D

My mind is not tortured as is yours, sweetie - I can't keep up with your twists and turns.

My point was that you assumed. You assumed I was talking about you living in your previous house which was a wrong assumption. If you had read it carefully you would have realised that.

• 2 weeks later...
F**king c*nts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! work are motherf**kin asshole c*nts, one of the Polish has just come in to work and gave everyone a bottle of Whiskey except me, i'm the f**ker who put him in the job in the first place, no more!

He probably thinks you are underage Bates.