Daggers away

LVSaint

I have been informed best route by train is Southampton - Barking then district line tube to Dagenham East (only 4 stops). 5 of us going worked out just £22 each.

your easiest route would be Southampton to Waterloo, then Jubilee line from there to West Ham (20 mins) changing on to the District line to Dagenham East (another 20 mins) .

Dagenham is a fair way out so quite a few stops, going via a few east end pubs will make the day out more enjoyable.

In most cases I agree with this, but surely the small allocations at Brighton and bournemouth will sell out to season ticket holders who have done 3+ aways at least.

Bournemouth maybe... Brighton I doubt it.

Even if it looks like it's going to sell out quickly it's still worth applying for the cost of a stamp.

Pretty sure all the games we had to apply for last season went on general sale and wasn't suprised about D&R either really.

Been told that it is 45 minutes on the tube from Waterloo.Thats 45 minutes not in the pub.Would rather drink some tins all the way to Barking and find a pub there.It is 11 minutes to Dagenham East from there.I think the ground is not far from there.

when you say all the way to Barking, how do you plan to get there from waterloo? you would still have to get on the tube to get through London to Fenchurch street. Quite a few pubs round there in the city will be closed with it being a bank holiday.

your easiest route would be Southampton to Waterloo, then Jubilee line from there to West Ham (20 mins) changing on to the District line to Dagenham East (another 20 mins) .

Dagenham is a fair way out so quite a few stops, going via a few east end pubs will make the day out more enjoyable.

I would do this suggested route.

There is Tube closures on Bank Holiday Monday for part of the District line. So you will have problems if you are looking to go from Central London all the way out to Daggers on the District Line!

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/track.aspx?offset=weekend

If you do the Jubilee line to WestHam then you could stop at London Bridge for your pre-match drinking.

Dont forget to allow 45 mins for the tube journey out to Dagenham East via WestHam station...

so may see some Saints at London Bridge???

I would do this suggested route.

There is Tube closures on Bank Holiday Monday for part of the District line. So you will have problems if you are looking to go from Central London all the way out to Daggers on the District Line!

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/track.aspx?offset=weekend

If you do the Jubilee line to WestHam then you could stop at London Bridge for your pre-match drinking.

Dont forget to allow 45 mins for the tube journey out to Dagenham East via WestHam station...

so may see some Saints at London Bridge???

London Bridge is a good shout, but still involves a fair bit of tube time between pub and ground which could be a problem after a few pints!!

There is a decent service running from Fenchurch St to Barking but depending on where you are coming from getting to Fenchurch st can be a hassle (and most pubs around Fenchurch st wont bother opening on a bank holiday monday as the city will be deserted), few pubs around Barking station not particularly nice but decent for a short journey of a few stops to Dagenham East. Remember drinking around there before West Ham away once and it wasn't too bad.

So there is no tube option to get to Dagenham then?

of course there is. the district is only closed between embankment and aldgate, if you are coming into waterloo this wont effect you at all, jubilee line to west ham and then district from there to dagenham east.

if you are coming from different parts of london use the journey planner on the tfl website http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

of course there is. the district is only closed between embankment and aldgate, if you are coming into waterloo this wont effect you at all, jubilee line to west ham and then district from there to dagenham east.

if you are coming from different parts of london use the journey planner on the tfl website http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

Yeah I just checked. Should probably do that before opening my mouth.

cheers.

does anyone have 2 spare tickets

if so drop me a text on 07889 462782

you can pay on the day in the home end, worth going down there, try and pick one up from other saints fans, then as a last resort go on the home terrace.

how you getting there and what time you leaving.do you want to meet before or at the ground

I will PM you later on mate or will speak to Stevo and he'll let you know. Need to find our specific route but we will be on the train/tube.