Skoda VRS 130bhp Diesel

Dog

A good friend at work wants this car, we will be going up to Birmingham to look at it on sunday.

Deal or No Deal?

Is it a good buy?

I have the petrol vrs 200bhp and despite a couple of probs when I got it new it's ok now. Good build quality (vag parts).

Mine looks like a police car too which has it's advantages :)

Getting the Octavia TDi VRS in Sept as my new company car, well, its on the list and is more than likely the one i will choose.

Whats peoples overall opinions on it ? From what i have read it has had a very good write up.

It's ok. We were given 19k to choose a company car with and the Octavia vrs got me soooo much more than I'd get with other cars for the price. I wouldn't ultimately choose it though if that wasn't the case. Had lots of problems initially and sparshatts were a nightmare to deal with. The traction control kicks in far too easily preventing you from flooring it as it wheelspins a lot. My 2.0 petrol engine sounds like a diesel too. It has a real novelty feel initially but now that's worn off I'm not it's biggest fan.

It's ok. We were given 19k to choose a company car with and the Octavia vrs got me soooo much more than I'd get with other cars for the price. I wouldn't ultimately choose it though if that wasn't the case. Had lots of problems initially and sparshatts were a nightmare to deal with. The traction control kicks in far too easily preventing you from flooring it as it wheelspins a lot. My 2.0 petrol engine sounds like a diesel too. It has a real novelty feel initially but now that's worn off I'm not it's biggest fan.

Our fleet is managed by Lex Autolease, the repayments per month (its a Car Ownership Scheme) depend on the overall price. The Octavia, as you said, you get a decent amount for your money. I have always liked the Mondeo, its a good solid motor with decent extras, problem is as they are priced high on the forecourt the repayment prices per month are a lot.

The octavia will cost me around £160 a month. But it seems a good build and good car. I can get the Toyota Prius for about £80 a month for an example to compare.

A good friend at work wants this car, we will be going up to Birmingham to look at it on sunday.

Deal or No Deal?

Is it a good buy?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2388485.htm

I've had two of those cars from new. I loved them. Under 9 seconds 0-60 and even when hammering it around like an idiot I could average 43mpg. On a long motorway journey, it's easy to get 55mpg or more. Road tax was only £120 per year.

Maximum torque is at about 2000rpm which means the in gear acceleration is excellent. You can generally plant your foot whilst cruising and it'll pick up speed very rapidly. Often, a lot of petrol cars will require you to change down gears in order to increase revs and hit the power band.

Be careful though. When I sold my last one in 2008, they had picked up a reputation with boy racers and insurance companies though. Despite being a 'low' insurance group, some insurers were blacklisting them apparently. You should very carefully at the ownership history and see whose hands it has been in. Some of them will have been really thrashed.

http:\\http://www.briskoda.net is the main online owners community.

Our fleet is managed by Lex Autolease, the repayments per month (its a Car Ownership Scheme) depend on the overall price. The Octavia, as you said, you get a decent amount for your money. I have always liked the Mondeo, its a good solid motor with decent extras, problem is as they are priced high on the forecourt the repayment prices per month are a lot.

The octavia will cost me around £160 a month. But it seems a good build and good car. I can get the Toyota Prius for about £80 a month for an example to compare.

Hmmm from what I hear and based on the experience ive had with mine I'd say go for the Mondeo if its not out of reach. I had a 07 focus 1.8 diesel before the skoda and despite being a much lower spec I actually enjoyed the drive more.

Getting the Octavia TDi VRS in Sept as my new company car, well, its on the list and is more than likely the one i will choose.

Whats peoples overall opinions on it ? From what i have read it has had a very good write up.

Picked up my new Octavia TDi VRS DSG on Saturday after a 7 month wait!!! (popular cars). saved £6,000 on a comparative Golf which is just stupid for a VW badge. After a week can't complain about anything.

If you're looking for some more info click away. There's a couple of people from here on there.

I've had two of those cars from new. I loved them. Under 9 seconds 0-60 and even when hammering it around like an idiot I could average 43mpg. On a long motorway journey, it's easy to get 55mpg or more. Road tax was only £120 per year.

Maximum torque is at about 2000rpm which means the in gear acceleration is excellent. You can generally plant your foot whilst cruising and it'll pick up speed very rapidly. Often, a lot of petrol cars will require you to change down gears in order to increase revs and hit the power band.

Be careful though. When I sold my last one in 2008, they had picked up a reputation with boy racers and insurance companies though. Despite being a 'low' insurance group, some insurers were blacklisting them apparently. You should very carefully at the ownership history and see whose hands it has been in. Some of them will have been really thrashed.

http:\\www.briskoda.net is the main online owners community.

My car too and I absolutely love it; it's top all-rounder for somebody that wants a car that does a bit of everything and all at a reasonable price.

Not sure I can get those mpg figures though. I'm happpy with 38-40 in 'mixed' day-to-day driving, and can get 44 on a long motorway trip .... you'd have to be pretty frugal to get over 50 mpg!

TBF I do carry permanent roof bars and 4 bike carriers; what do these add to fuel consumption?

Does cruise control add much to fuel consumption?