Jan issues challenge

trousers

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10752

"My boys can beat everyone but we can also lose because it depends on what day we have. Hopefully in the near future will win games even when we have a bad day we because you have to do that when you are serious. Before you win bad games you also have to win the good games and we have the quality but the experience is now what we have to add to our game."

Translation anyone? :rolleyes:

When we're playing well we can beat anyone but when we don't play well we lose.

Hopefully in the future we will start winning games even when we are playing badly. But first we have to [always?] win when we're playing well (rather than play well and lose).

Any help?

"My boys can beat everyone but we can also lose because it depends on what day we have. Hopefully in the near future will win games even when we have a bad day we because you have to do that when you are serious. Before you win bad games you also have to win the good games and we have the quality but the experience is now what we have to add to our game."

His English is still better than my Dutch.

He's absolutely right. What Saints have traditionally lacked (I think the young guns will deal with this better than the old pros) is consistency. Believing you can win is simply not enough. You have to go out and play like you are 1-0 down with ten minutes to go; and you have to do that throughout the game whatever the score. It's a combination of belief and sheer hard work that will turn us into consistent winners. Never take your foot off the gas. Ever.

He's absolutely right. What Saints have traditionally lacked (I think the young guns will deal with this better than the old pros) is consistency. Believing you can win is simply not enough. You have to go out and play like you are 1-0 down with ten minutes to go; and you have to do that throughout the game whatever the score. It's a combination of belief and sheer hard work that will turn us into consistent winners. Never take your foot off the gas. Ever.

.. But Jan and the squad MUST rethink their defensive strategies.

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh. Bless him. He's trying out his Brian Clough big bumper book of manager quotes and quips. The 1979 copy i'm thinking. And on Saturday it will be,' I am having a tickle applied to me to make me an off shade of red, I am thinking. I am not standing here but am in orbit around the sattelite within earths orbit. Bri-an.' Or it'll be, 'Well.Brian. It is a past time of two parts of a whole. The young men between the ages of 12 and 15 attempted to produce something of the positive nature, but I have an illness similar to one that inflicts a south american bird of bright plumage. Brian.'

I think it all loses something in the translation.